Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

A good warning shot to leave the SA lads alone!

The lesson here I think is clubs place way too much value on draft picks over and above doing the logical thing and trading with clubs that offer the farm for those picks. Rankine was always a flight risk. Jack not so much. JHF was 100% a flight risk, everyone told Nth this and they still refused to do the trade that would have put them in a better position. So I do think clubs need to perhaps be a bit more flexible with those top picks and not just blindly and arrogantly keep them. It doesnt always work and often there are signs.

yes some on this board, by the current media suggest second round pick.

I do agree about Pendles but i'm hopeful Luko can develop that part of his game.

its a mental thing... just like our very own in Sholl.

Luko is 195cm at only 85kg...... needs to be in the weight room.... who would be an upgrade over Gollant and Himmelberg in addition of the retiring Tex (this year or next).
He's 91kg

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd much rather have Luko than a first rounder. Gallooch, McAsey...

Proven classy player as opposed to a hit and miss.

I’m as filthy as anyone at our previous drafting, however our 2020, 21 and 22 first rounders have all been hits. Wait and see on Curtin.

Lukosius isn’t gonna be on the Thilthorpe/Rankine/Dawson level. I’d rather us roll the dice that pick 5 will be.

I followed his draft year very closely. Rankine was one of the most talented players I've ever seen, and I couldn't quite understand how Lukosius went pick 2. That said, I'd be very happy to have him for a 2nd rounder. I reckon he's got a heap of upside and could be handy coming off half back or a wing
Rankine looked unbelievable in his draft year. Its only hamstrings holding him back from really being a mcleod mk2. Luko was sublime, i saw him kick 4 goals against the 2 best defenders in the SANFL in a final v sturt. He looked every inch a superstar in the making. I think if we get him, he will be a very good player for us as nored between the arcs and delivering laser like kicks to the forwards

I’m as filthy as anyone at our previous drafting, however our 2020, 21 and 22 first rounders have all been hits. Wait and see on Curtin.

Lukosius isn’t gonna be on the Thilthorpe/Rankine/Dawson level. I’d rather us roll the dice that pick 5 will be.

Jack is a talent. He has ripped sides apart before. He averages nearly 2 goals a game. This year he has been down but he may have not gelled with Hardwick. Jack is a natural running player and a half forward linking player I think would suit him. Imagine a forward line post Tex that looks like this

FF: Rachele, Thilthorpe, Welsh
HF: Lukosius, Fogarty, Curtin

Add Rankine rolling through there inbetween midfield time, add ANB rolling through. All of a sudden, our forward line looks unbeatable. We are an efficient side inside 50 because we already have the makings of an allstar forward line. Jack and Tyler would be the icing on the cake that takes us beyond Tex. We have the makings of a great back line too. We just need to build that midfield.

I do think pick 5 is off the table this year unless we get a ready made mid. But we could sell next years first or the year after. Or as most think, the Suns will offload him for a second rounder. See what happens. The priority is Welsh this year though so any trading we do must be with him in mind.

Jack is a talent. He has ripped sides apart before. He averages nearly 2 goals a game. This year he has been down but he may have not gelled with Hardwick. Jack is a natural running player and a half forward linking player I think would suit him. Imagine a forward line post Tex that looks like this

FF: Rachele, Thilthorpe, Welsh
HF: Lukosius, Fogarty, Curtin

Add Rankine rolling through there inbetween midfield time, add ANB rolling through. All of a sudden, our forward line looks unbeatable. We are an efficient side inside 50 because we already have the makings of an allstar forward line. Jack and Tyler would be the icing on the cake that takes us beyond Tex. We have the makings of a great back line too. We just need to build that midfield.

I do think pick 5 is off the table this year unless we get a ready made mid. But we could sell next years first or the year after. Or as most think, the Suns will offload him for a second rounder. See what happens. The priority is Welsh this year though so any trading we do must be with him in mind.
Gonna be a hard time retaining the ball to get repeated entries with that forward set up IMO.

Gonna be a hard time retaining the ball to get repeated entries with that forward set up IMO.

Its a bit of an over rated stat. keeping the ball in an area only gives the defence more time to flood back. Our efficiency tends to come from winning the contest when the ball enters. But all those players are big running players anyway. Thats the key. You dont want tall players with the turning circle of the titanic

But if you prefer Murphy. I guess the club is right then.

Its a bit of an over rated stat. keeping the ball in an area only gives the defence more time to flood back. Our efficiency tends to come from winning the contest when the ball enters. But all those players are big running players anyway. Thats the key. You dont want tall players with the turning circle of the titanic

But if you prefer Murphy. I guess the club is right then.
WTF has Murphy got to do with it, that set up is too top heavy IMO.

We need another elite small pressure crumbing forward if Rankine is going to be playing mostly midfield and should be a priority above almost everything else apart from a class inside/outside midfielder.

You might not think retaining the ball in the forward zone isn't important but you won't find a coach that agrees with you.

Rankine looked unbelievable in his draft year. Its only hamstrings holding him back from really being a mcleod mk2. Luko was sublime, i saw him kick 4 goals against the 2 best defenders in the SANFL in a final v sturt. He looked every inch a superstar in the making. I think if we get him, he will be a very good player for us as nored between the arcs and delivering laser like kicks to the forwards
He could be a Dawson clone if we can bulk him up a bit more

If Luko is on the 700K as mooted and we offer to take him GC should do a trade like Bowes. I would take a high second from them to make it happen. Luko has never played up to his alleged talent level. What's his best position GC have tried him all over the park. He's still struggling and has been dropped. Doesn't scream a must have player to me. If they pay half his wage I would offer a low 2nd rounder at best.

We need another elite small pressure crumbing forward if Rankine is going to be playing mostly midfield and should be a priority above almost everything else apart from a class inside/outside midfielder.

You might not think retaining the ball in the forward zone isn't important but you won't find a coach that agrees with you.
I value kicking goals.

Last week we were smashed in I50s because we scored nearly every time it went in there. Repeat I50s means you failed.

lol dude im just teasing about Murphy. All good points you make. But you also need to remember that we will have half a dozen smaller players rolling through there throughout the game too. Rachele, Rankine, Keays, maybe ANB. Other mids too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with Sholl is he plays well in the first half and then drop off toward the 2nd half of the season when he physically can't keep up which makes those effort he does look soft so get dropped and doesn't get recalled but he has been able to play the entire season so maybe he is finally AFL fit now?????
Are you guys still in 2023?

If we can get away with it all good and well but Luko was an early first rounder and has shown he was worth that pick.

He's definitely worth a first round pick.

We have 13 first round draft picks: Smith, Ryan, Cook, Milera, , Pedlar, Thilthorpe, Rachelle, Fogarty, Edwards, Jones, McHenry, Curtin and Michalanney. We paid first round picks for Rankine, who was a 1st round pick, and Dawson to make first round picks at 15. Only 7 of those played on Sunday but several of the 15 are yet to prove they will make it and McHenry at least looks certain to be delisted. We have eight second round picks too.

If we can get away with it all good and well but Luko was an early first rounder and has shown he was worth that pick.

He's definitely worth a first round pick.

Lukos had a down year in contrast to last year. But has denifitely ripped sides apart. At 24 he is easily a pick in the teens. I think the Crows may offer a future first for him. I doubt the Suns will let him go for a second at all.

If we have to give up a future first with something coming back, so be it.

Definitely not this year's, but back ourselves in to improve next year.
Anything can happen, trading f1 is dangerous. See Collingwood doing it twice which ended up being pick 4 and probably pick 8

Lukos had a down year in contrast to last year. But has denifitely ripped sides apart. At 24 he is easily a pick in the teens. I think the Crows may offer a future first for him. I doubt the Suns will let him go for a second at all.

totally agree

kicked 39 goals playing as a HHF last year and involved in so many scoring chains for GC

talent is unquestionable, in the right game plan will continue to cause opposition headaches, he just doesn’t suit Hardwick’s move it forward at all cost (chaos ball) game style.

there is no way this gets done for a 2nd round pick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have 13 first round draft picks: Smith, Ryan, Cook, Milera, , Pedlar, Thilthorpe, Rachelle, Fogarty, Edwards, Jones, McHenry, Curtin and Michalanney. We paid first round picks for Rankine, who was a 1st round pick, and Dawson to make first round picks at 15. Only 7 of those played on Sunday but several of the 15 are yet to prove they will make it and McHenry at least looks certain to be delisted. We have eight second round picks too.
Oskar Ryan pick 27, Cook pick 25, Edwards pick 21. All second round picks

LOL at all the posters who always think we should pay nothing. Remember Rankine not being worth what we paid. Hilarious.

I'd love us to get Luke done for a second round. Don't think that's gonna happen.
we overpaid for rankine for sure, a top 5 pick is midfielder/marking forward territory

which makes you worry that justin reid will go for it again to cover his recruiting teams past sins

If Luko is on the 700K as mooted and we offer to take him GC should do a trade like Bowes. I would take a high second from them to make it happen. Luko has never played up to his alleged talent level. What's his best position GC have tried him all over the park. He's still struggling and has been dropped. Doesn't scream a must have player to me. If they pay half his wage I would offer a low 2nd rounder at best.

no true that Luko has never played at that elite talent level

he’s had some elite games, just not consistently, but he is not alone at GC

how many people said that we over paid for Izak, like Luko, Izak had patchy form which is consistent if that club. Even King’s form is up and down like a yo-yo.

We are trying to prize a former top 3 SA boy out of a club with two years on his contract, we have sent our senior coach and senior players to meet him, if he decides Adelaide we are all in, you don’t just offer a 2nd round pick.

In terms of Luko salary, $700k is not massive, it’s not a huge factor in trying to low-ball the trade

We need to have realistic expectations, 2nd round pick won’t get it done, if it does GC has set themselves up for future years to be robbed at the trade table.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back