Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

we overpaid for rankine for sure, a top 5 pick is midfielder/marking forward territory

which makes you worry that justin reid will go for it again to cover his recruiting teams past sins

and Izak is potential Brownlow territory when he gets the continuity of a full season, at least he will end up with multiple AA awards

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not even sure he'll be that good.

But he might be
What do you think are Lynch’s advantages over Luko?

Luko has superior size, a better mark overall (but certainly not elite or contested) and without doubt better kicking skills whilst hitting the scoreboard more when okayed accordingly
Jack is a talent. He has ripped sides apart before. He averages nearly 2 goals a game. This year he has been down but he may have not gelled with Hardwick. Jack is a natural running player and a half forward linking player I think would suit him. Imagine a forward line post Tex that looks like this

FF: Rachele, Thilthorpe, Welsh
HF: Lukosius, Fogarty, Curtin

Add Rankine rolling through there inbetween midfield time, add ANB rolling through. All of a sudden, our forward line looks unbeatable. We are an efficient side inside 50 because we already have the makings of an allstar forward line. Jack and Tyler would be the icing on the cake that takes us beyond Tex. We have the makings of a great back line too. We just need to build that midfield.

I do think pick 5 is off the table this year unless we get a ready made mid. But we could sell next years first or the year after. Or as most think, the Suns will offload him for a second rounder. See what happens. The priority is Welsh this year though so any trading we do must be with him in mind.
I want Luko but he has averaged one third of what you mentioned for average goals per game (0.67) kicking 77 in 115 games, last year was clearly best averaging 1.7 goals per game (perhaps that’s what it meant)

no true that Luko has never played at that elite talent level

he’s had some elite games, just not consistently, but he is not alone at GC

how many people said that we over paid for Izak, like Luko, Izak had patchy form which is consistent if that club. Even King’s form is up and down like a yo-yo.

We are trying to prize a former top 3 SA boy out of a club with two years on his contract, we have sent our senior coach and senior players to meet him, if he decides Adelaide we are all in, you don’t just offer a 2nd round pick.

In terms of Luko salary, $700k is not massive, it’s not a huge factor in trying to low-ball the trade

We need to have realistic expectations, 2nd round pick won’t get it done, if it does GC has set themselves up for future years to be robbed at the trade table.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What if the contract was heavily backend so the last few years is $1M, is that massive? So, compared to what GCS offered Bowes, this isn't "low ball" lol.

Jack is a talent. He has ripped sides apart before. He averages nearly 2 goals a game. This year he has been down but he may have not gelled with Hardwick. Jack is a natural running player and a half forward linking player I think would suit him. Imagine a forward line post Tex that looks like this

FF: Rachele, Thilthorpe, Welsh
HF: Lukosius, Fogarty, Curtin

Add Rankine rolling through there inbetween midfield time, add ANB rolling through. All of a sudden, our forward line looks unbeatable. We are an efficient side inside 50 because we already have the makings of an allstar forward line. Jack and Tyler would be the icing on the cake that takes us beyond Tex. We have the makings of a great back line too. We just need to build that midfield.

I do think pick 5 is off the table this year unless we get a ready made mid. But we could sell next years first or the year after. Or as most think, the Suns will offload him for a second rounder. See what happens. The priority is Welsh this year though so any trading we do must be with him in mind.

That forward line is way too big.

“Not sure we need him”

“Is he even any good?”

“Where does he play?”

“I’d take him but not for a first round pick”

Sounds a lot like the noise around the time we acquired our little magician. How’s that turned out?
Sometimes I remember the outrage at Betts' initial FA deal and laugh.

I fail to see how he's "got a heap of upside". EVeryone is by now well aware of what he can do and can't do. There's no next level for him to go to. However, in a new environment, with more pressure on him, we might get more consistency out of him.
So... that means there is somewhere to go for him?
He's 24 right? So just about a year into what should be his prime years as a footballer.
Plenty of upside there.

we overpaid for rankine for sure, a top 5 pick is midfielder/marking forward territory

which makes you worry that justin reid will go for it again to cover his recruiting teams past sins
Dude. If Rankine hadn't been injured and suspended we'd all be doing brownlow calculators right now and talking about how he's gonna win it. He's worth pick 5 right now.

If Burgess can fix his hammies and he can play 20+ games then he's in the top few players in the league and he's worth even more than that.

Sometimes I remember the outrage at Betts' initial FA deal and laugh.
Yep. Some thought we overpaid for Gibbs too. I still laugh at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Crows person should be able to rattle off a list of names of players that left us and got better somewhere else (or worse).

Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, players don't flourish at one club, but do at another.

Luko has more than enough to take the punt (for the right price).
For the right price, yes absolutely. I guess I'm saying that I don't think he's a need as such, hence wouldn't want to spend much draft capital on him.

Georgiades I rate.
DIxon is cooked.
Marshall handy but not a gun.
Finlayson is decent when fit.
Lord unknown.
Yeah Georgiades came back from a knee injury this year and was terrific right away, I expect he will be even better next year,.
Marshall looked to have got it together in '22 but since then has strangely gone backwards. He turns 26 in about 8 weeks time, you'd normally expect a player to be entering their peak years by that age but he is back to kicking 20 goals a season.
Lord is the same age as Georgiades but miles behind him. His Sanfl record is fairly poor, they even tried playing him in defence for a while cos he was doing nothing up front. He may be a late developer but I don't rate him at all.
Age has crept up on Dixon and he was never better than just good. His body is done.
Finlayson clearly is heavily distracted by off field matters, prob should just be left in their sanfl team for now but they can't really afford to.

I hope you are trolling as you sound like you have no idea about football.

Rankine is a mid or high half forward... elite talent

technically be worth 2 first round picks

In terms of our side Rankine is our most talented player followed by Dawson...

“Not sure we need him”

“Is he even any good?”

“Where does he play?”

“I’d take him but not for a first round pick”

Sounds a lot like the noise around the time we acquired our little magician. How’s that turned out?
The key here is the 2 year difference. We know who Jack is after 6 seasons - an elite kick who plays shorter than he is, is not highly competitive and goes missing when the pressure is on. It's unlikely he suddenly becomes a radically different player at this point. A forward line with both him and Rachele would be unworkable, teams would walk it out of there.

His type was never going to last long under Hardwick and that's where our advantage is - they'll want him out but his salary will be tricky - if we're going to take all of that too, I'd max out a future 3rd or a 4th this year at absolute best. Then he goes into the mix for a spot in the side, maybe he can make it on the wing or across half back.

Nicks is a walking contradiction. Is wedded to hard working, role-playing, shape-keeping, pressure players.

Yet personally flies himself to the GC in-season to woo a player who fits the total opposite description.

But, but…he was pick 2 one year.

Richard Tambling MK2 incoming.

Nicks is a walking contradiction. Is wedded to hard working, role-playing, shape-keeping, pressure players.

Yet personally flies himself to the GC in-season to woo a player who fits the total opposite description.

But, but…he was pick 2 one year.

Richard Tambling MK2 incoming.
How many players have left the GC rabble and gone on to have better careers elsewhere? Luko's ability to play across multiple positions is arguably been to his detriment as he rarely gets to consistently play in one role for long periods of time. We don't have many 24 - 28 year olds with 100+ games experience, Luko fits in this category. He's an elite kick, and the prospect of having him, Dawson, Rankine and others kick inside 50 to Thilthorpe etc should be one that gets you excited.

The key here is the 2 year difference. We know who Jack is after 6 seasons - an elite kick who plays shorter than he is, is not highly competitive and goes missing when the pressure is on. It's unlikely he suddenly becomes a radically different player at this point. A forward line with both him and Rachele would be unworkable, teams would walk it out of there.

His type was never going to last long under Hardwick and that's where our advantage is - they'll want him out but his salary will be tricky - if we're going to take all of that too, I'd max out a future 3rd or a 4th this year at absolute best. Then he goes into the mix for a spot in the side, maybe he can make it on the wing or across half back.
High half forward/wing roaming between the arcs.

I would be happy getting Luko. I am not worried about us being to tall up forward given that even if TEx gets another year he will only play a handful of games. The importance of having Tex is for what he can bring to the younger players. My biggest concern is what will we have to pay for him. I want to keep our first round pick this year for Draper. I think its a real possibility for us to get him. Only concern is whether Port get a high end trade for Houston and jumps ahead of us. They have a history of climbing up the draft table.

So would take Luko but not at all cost.

I would be happy getting Luko. I am not worried about us being to tall up forward given that even if TEx gets another year he will only play a handful of games. The importance of having Tex is for what he can bring to the younger players. My biggest concern is what will we have to pay for him. I want to keep our first round pick this year for Draper. I think its a real possibility for us to get him. Only concern is whether Port get a high end trade for Houston and jumps ahead of us. They have a history of climbing up the draft table.

So would take Luko but not at all cost.
You’d think it would be difficult for Port to get a pick before ours at 4. But agree they are the type of club to pull it off.

You’d think it would be difficult for Port to get a pick before ours at 4. But agree they are the type of club to pull it off.
If Houston goes and they somehow get pick 8 from the Dees, they will then have the ability to bring in their F1 to pair with it if they wanted to try and get ahead. Would a WCE or a North take that???? maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back