Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

What?
He literally said adelaide shouldn’t pay more than a late first rounder?
People need to stop letting kane live rent free in their head.
Off topic but has Kane been more tolerable lately?
Maybe it’s cos I don’t watch/listen to his shows so only see snippets.
Maybe it’s because those I see it can be him with McClure and he’s the normal one by comparison
But I’m finding myself less stunned by his comments and like he’s actually pulled back to a better balance, strong opinions but less click bait and less obvious crows trolling

we overpaid for rankine for sure, a top 5 pick is midfielder/marking forward territory

which makes you worry that justin reid will go for it again to cover his recruiting teams past sins

I’m sorry but what the **** have you been watching this year?

Has he not missed so much he’d be a lock for AA.

Maybe it’s because those I see it can be him with McClure and he’s the normal one by comparison
But I’m finding myself less stunned by his comments and like he’s actually pulled back to a better balance, strong opinions but less click bait and less obvious crows trolling

Yeah, nah

I’m sorry but what the **** have you been watching this year?

Has he not missed so much he’d be a lock for AA.
Rankine performance in the 2nd half of his final season with GCS indicated he was around pick 10, had he perform like that for the entire season then he would have been pick 5. Now after transitioning into the midfielder this year, he is easily worth pick 5 + 10 which ironically is what Port Power supporters wanted for Houston lol.

I hope you are trolling as you sound like you have no idea about football.

Rankine is a mid or high half forward... elite talent

technically be worth 2 first round picks

In terms of our side Rankine is our most talented player followed by Dawson...

nope thilthorpe is the most talented marking forwards are always worth more. I agree with the part that if rankine had progressed to a midfielder then he's probably worth a two pick 5's such is their bust rate. but as soon as a player shows they're not that superstar mid their value drops dramatically imo, probably he was worth a pick in the teens that's about where a hff would go

Dude. If Rankine hadn't been injured and suspended we'd all be doing brownlow calculators right now and talking about how he's gonna win it. He's worth pick 5 right now.

If Burgess can fix his hammies and he can play 20+ games then he's in the top few players in the league and he's worth even more than that.
I feel ya, plus he's brought good excitement too and that was a weak draft supposedly, who knows what the future holds but those high picks are for the midfield and at the time of the trade he hadn't been able to get near it with any consistency which dramatically drops his value imo!

at the time of the trade he wasn't on track to be a midfielder and this year has probably reinforced that perception! we paid a premium midfielders price for him

How has this year reinforced that perception?

When we got Rankine it was based on his potential, and that assessment has been proven correct. We certainly did not over pay

nope thilthorpe is the most talented marking forwards are always worth more. I agree with the part that if rankine had progressed to a midfielder then he's probably worth a two pick 5's such is their bust rate. but as soon as a player shows they're not that superstar mid their value drops dramatically imo, probably he was worth a pick in the teens that's about where a hff would go

It’s ironic that you’re making this assessment with that username.

McLeod rarely played as a full time mid.

Rankine has shown when in the middle his ceiling is one of the best in the game. As a forward he can be a 40-50 goal player. Why not use him as both?

When we got Rankine it was based on his potential, and that assessment has been proven correct. We certainly did not over pay

As good as Humphrey, Phillipou, Mackenzie, Clark, Ginbey etc. may become, I don't think any of them will get anywhere near Rankine's skills and game breaking ability. Pick 5 was definitely worth every cent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well he played about 1.5 games in the midfield before breaking down with a chronic injury..

and we're sitting near the bottom of the ladder because we don't have a premium mid. if one of butters, rozee or jhf turn up this week we lose as simple as that

Rankine has shown when in the middle his ceiling is one of the best in the game. As a forward he can be a 40-50 goal player. Why not use him as both?
sorry but you have no idea mcleod played 4 years as a midfielder and that's where he got his reputation as one of the best in the game. the second half of his career on a flank was forced on him because we had mismanged his knees and they were bone on bone and it matters because that position is far less influential!

McLeod moved to half back late in his career. He was a full time mid - and consistently one of the best in the comp - for a decade before that.

Kane is one of the more interesting guys to listen to in the football media - just ignore everything he says about the Crows. Everything. He can't and probably never will, get that chip off his shoulder. Not just his career at Port - remember he was 11 years old when we sacked his dad. Likely started the saltiness and it's got saltier by the year - to the point where it's comical now.

WTF has Murphy got to do with it, that set up is too top heavy IMO.

We need another elite small pressure crumbing forward if Rankine is going to be playing mostly midfield and should be a priority above almost everything else apart from a class inside/outside midfielder.

You might not think retaining the ball in the forward zone isn't important but you won't find a coach that agrees with you.
ANB would be a good option for that small fwd / mid rotation role. Much better than Murphy.

Yeah, nah

What crap by Kane.

So ROB should quit principally as he was the “scapegoat” for our poor performances being dropped 6-8 weeks ago. But Cats should have made the phone call “6 months ago” about getting ROB and his “underrated marking” with a good “4-5 years left in him” and would get him “reasonably cheaply”.

Now that’s trolling. Complete incoherent logic fail.

Kane is one of the more interesting guys to listen to in the football media - just ignore everything he says about the Crows. Everything. He can't and probably never will, get that chip off his shoulder. Not just his career at Port - remember he was 11 years old when we sacked his dad. Likely started the saltiness and it's got saltier by the year - to the point where it's comical now.
I personally prefer silence as an alternative to listening to Kornes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back