Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s ironic that you’re making this assessment with that username.

McLeod rarely played as a full time mid.

Rankine has shown when in the middle his ceiling is one of the best in the game. As a forward he can be a 40-50 goal player. Why not use him as both?
Yes the irony. Rankine is the most gifted player we have had SINCE Macca - no question,

Yeah, nah

What a dumb take.

It seems like Kane doesn't even know that ROB is 30 next year, "he still has a good 4-5 seasons left" 🤡

He also can't walk either because he still has 12 months left on his contract.

I'm not a big fan of ROB however we have zero contingency to cover him, if we had a half decent young ruck on our list I'd have no issues trading him.

Last edited:

What a dumb take.

It seems like Kane doesn't even know that ROB is 30 next year, "he still has a good 4-5 seasons left".

He also can't walk either because he still has 12 months left on his contract.

I'm not a big fan of ROB however we have zero contingency to cover him, if we had a half decent young ruck on our list I'd have no issues trading him.
Our list manager's 'management' of our ruck stocks is quite questionable.
Are they just hoping that a ruck will fall in our lap at the exact right time, once ROB inevitably falls off a cliff? Or are they all just wearing ROB coloured glasses, expecting him to keep going on 'at an elite level' for the next few years?
ROB's durability has let the off the hook to a huge degree so far.

Uh, what?

McLeod moved to half back late in his career. He was a full time mid - and consistently one of the best in the comp - for a decade before that.

Apologies, rarely was a poor choice of words. I should have said he spent most of his career spending significant time on half back and rotating through.

My point being that Rankine has spent this year rotating through half forward and midfield and the suggestion that he wasn’t worth pick 5 simply because he isn’t there full time is absurd.

Luko as a high HF, running up the wing and back and delivering I50 would be his spot.
Get him SUPER fit, but build a bit of strength (i'm sure you'll, work it out, Darren).
Would be handy in the ol' Tom Lynch connector role. But with a far superior field kick.
I've seen no evidence that Luko has either the tank or the work rate for that kind of role.

Kane is one of the more interesting guys to listen to in the football media - just ignore everything he says about the Crows. Everything. He can't and probably never will, get that chip off his shoulder. Not just his career at Port - remember he was 11 years old when we sacked his dad. Likely started the saltiness and it's got saltier by the year - to the point where it's comical now.

He also tried to jump across to us during the Primus years and we told him that we weren't interested so he had to swallow his pride and go back to Port with his tail between his legs.

That's most probably the biggest reason why he can't stand us.

Last edited:
Our list manager's 'management' of our ruck stocks is quite questionable.
Are they just hoping that a ruck will fall in our lap at the exact right time, once ROB inevitably falls off a cliff? Or are they all just wearing ROB coloured glasses, expecting him to keep going on 'at an elite level' for the next few years?
ROB's durability has let the off the hook to a huge degree so far.

I still cannot believe that we didn't even look at Jordan Sweet.

What list manager in their right mind would prioritise chasing Chris Burgess over a young ruckman?

It's diabolically bad list management IMO

Apologies, rarely was a poor choice of words. I should have said he spent most of his career spending significant time on half back and rotating through.

My point being that Rankine has spent this year rotating through half forward and midfield and the suggestion that he wasn’t worth pick 5 simply because he isn’t there full time is absurd.

McLeod's reputation was made as a midfielder. That's where he won two norm smith medals, and had a Brownlow stolen from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luko as a high HF, running up the wing and back and delivering I50 would be his spot.
Get him SUPER fit, but build a bit of strength (i'm sure you'll, work it out, Darren).
Would be handy in the ol' Tom Lynch connector role. But with a far superior field kick.
Lynch had a very good kick and vision. the difference is not so drastic.

work rate though..... Lynch was on another level.... maybe N. Riewoldt levels.

I do agree Luko is little bit more skilled overall (slightly). both have similar builds in height and weight with Luko being slightly more athletic.

Also Lynch was no.13 pick in the draft from the shitty Saints.

Lynch had a very good kick and vision. the difference is not so drastic.

work rate though..... Lynch was on another level.... maybe N. Riewoldt levels.

I do agree Luko is little bit more skilled overall (slightly). both have similar builds in height and weight with Luko being slightly more athletic.

Also Lynch was no.13 pick in the draft from the shitty Saints.
Lynchy was a good kick
However his signature move was to not get back off the mark, and his kicks seemed to always get smothered.
Wouldn't be an issue with the stand rule these days.

Not really

1997 - Half forward then half back. Moved into midfield in preliminary final.
1998- 2006 Gun midfielder
2007-AA defender
08-10 wherever he was needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back