Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure Port have the salary cap space or trade currency to get him.
They have maxed out their cap recruiting missing pieces and have only a future first that they really need to keep. They would need to trade out a top shelf player to take the punt on a guy who has so far underwhelmed. Not saying it won’t or can’t happen, but it could actually make them worse. Might be the straw that breaks the camels back and sends them into a full reset.

We should be in the box seat here.

That's interesting, so clubs only get 15 minutes to talk each day? How does that work, that's about 4.5 hours per day, is that the extent of each day?
Yep that's it, in an official sense anyway.

Nothing stopping them meeting for dinner, or pre trade week to discuss things.

If our future 1st is involved in this trade, can we upgrade 25 to either Gold Coast's 20 or add some more things and get 13?

If we give up F1 on its own for Luko and pick 25 on its own for ANB, I will be very disappointed. I'd take both at the club, but neither are too good an opportunity to pass up.
I like Luko and think he would be a good get for us, but I have my reservations of using F1, especially more so if its likely to be a Top 5 pick.

Luko was assessed by Fox Footy at being worth a 2nd rounder when rumours surfaced about him leaving. Some how all of a sudden he is worth a 1st?

I like Luko and think he would be a good get for us, but I have my reservations of using F1, especially more so if its likely to be a Top 5 pick.

Luko was assessed by Fox Footy at being worth a 2nd rounder when rumours surfaced about him leaving. Some how all of a sudden he is worth a 1st?
He's not, that's the negotiation of what GC want and what the Adelaide clubs want

Because Gold Coast are happy to let first rounders like Hollands and Bowes pretty much walk for next to nothing, but then decide they'll put the foot down when it comes to trading with us.. Either that or they know we'll pay something decent regardless.

And yet we laugh at PA who have had 7 F8 appearances under Ken with 4 of them in the top 4. :(
Early on Hinkley had a much better list and stuffed up, the last 5 years when he made 3 PF, he had an average list and actually overachieved with a massive advantage of the H&A and Final series during the consecutive pandemic seasons. That's why their record against the top 8 teams are shit and somehow always get an easy draw even when they finished top 4.

I think talent always shines through, he may not realise it, but i think a change of scenery will be exactly what he needs, remember he was picked ahead of Rankine Rozee and Butters, the talent is there.
Undoubtedly.

I've witnessed it with my own eyes I tells ya! Very skilled. Very smart.

Need a reasonable 'price' though and I have no idea about that.

I think that down at Power HQ, the big brains are finally working out that they don't have any commanding tall forwards for next year, except Georgiadis, and he's not that great anyhow. They will be moving heaven and earth to get Lukosius to rebuild around him, Lord and Georgiadis and perhaps another missing link. With their amazing track record of moving picks around, they will probably get it done.
I will be miffed because I think he should play for us but if it becomes a pick bidding war with Port, they can have him. Its the equivalent of a second rounder from somewhere from us or no deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that down at Power HQ, the big brains are finally working out that they don't have any commanding tall forwards for next year, except Georgiadis, and he's not that great anyhow. They will be moving heaven and earth to get Lukosius to rebuild around him, Lord and Georgiadis and perhaps another missing link. With their amazing track record of moving picks around, they will probably get it done.
I will be miffed because I think he should play for us but if it becomes a pick bidding war with Port, they can have him. Its the equivalent of a second rounder from somewhere from us or no dedeal.
If they want a commanding tall forward then Luko isn't their guy

If they want a commanding tall forward then Luko isn't their guy
I completely agree. If he were to play for us, he wouldn't need to be the commanding presence, he would come in third behind Thilthorpe and Fogarty, thus making a solid trio of targets.

But there are a couple of things that add a sprinkle of "commanding":
I think that's how he might see himself.​
It would be a great recruiting coup for Port - another them V us scenario.​
Port are desperate to stay at the top and he might be the best forward available to them in this market.​

I completely agree. If he were to play for us, he wouldn't need to be the commanding presence, he would come in third behind Thilthorpe and Fogarty, thus making a solid trio of targets.

But there are a couple of things that add a sprinkle of "commanding":
I think that's how he might see himself.​
It would be a great recruiting coup for Port - another them V us scenario.​
Port are desperate to stay at the top and he might be the best forward available to them in this market.​
If luko does come, can he assume the josh jenkins role? Be there to get the joe the goose goals and the oppo 3rd best defender. Jenkins despite being maligned still kicked a heap of goals for us.

The benefit also then means if luko starts to fire, the oppo may need to shift defenders and it could then open up thilthorpe or fogarty to benefit from a bad match up.

Just a thought

If Houston goes and the PAPs get an around pick 8-15 for him - wonder if they would use that for Luko.... They might be desperate enough to do it.
If Port give up Houston for Luko in a direct exchange then they have gone backwards pure and simple. They also have used so much draft capital in the last few years that there is a serious lack of youth in their squad (look at their 2’s this year). I don’t think they can afford to trade any more 1sts.

If Port give up Houston for Luko in a direct exchange then they have gone backwards pure and simple. They also have used so much draft capital in the last few years that there is a serious lack of youth in their squad (look at their 2’s this year). I don’t think they can afford to trade any more 1sts.
Depend, they probably need to offer that pick for GCS to take on the $2M for 2 years as they don't have the salary cap to absorb that much and also offer the rumour extra 2 years at $900K. Hinkley will get even more desperate for his missing piece next year as it could be his last.

Depend, they probably need to offer that pick for GCS to take on the $2M for 2 years as they don't have the salary cap to absorb that much and also offer the rumour extra 2 years at $900K. Hinkley will get even more desperate for his missing piece next year as it could be his last.
They have the space

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back