Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no evidence kaene is getting rid of the brain fades. Hartigan tried to stop it by simply only kicking to safe targets and somehow still stuffed up
Well perhaps you's like to explain why Collingwood were very keen to grab him back?

He's hardly scratched the surface of the potential he has for a player that didn't grow up playing the game.

It was pretty obvious at the time to a lot of us on here that Port completely outmaneuvered us that year - you could see it coming, and we did nothing to counter it.
you realise port used three first rounders to get to pick 5

they then had a forth pick at 12 (theirs) that took butters

the only mistake adelaide made was jones before butters

You see that's the same way of thinking that gets ned McHenry 70 games... Murphy 100 games ... Sometimes you have to admit duds when you see them...

I'd argue he's already a better player than both of those.
He's also a better kick than half the squad. Not bad considering years playing the game.
Obviously a quick learner and you have to think of his accelerated trajectory vs most players having played since age 5. Shit, just look at the improvement since joining our list for reference.

They don't seem to be very keen given he signed an extension and his partner was desperate to move back there.
You got the link to that partner stuff?

When were any clubs chasing Hartigan keenly?

Hartigan saw the writing on the wall and his agent sought to find him another club knowing he wasn't a required a player at the Crows hence he was traded for a nothing future 4th round pick.

I think on paper Port would be hoping for a forward line for the next 5 to 8 years with one of Lord/Scully/ Visentini plus Georgiadis, Luko, Powell-Pepper, DBJ and Anastasopoulos. Add in one of their midfielders rotating through and I don't think it's too bad.

Rioli included for a couple more years.

Finlayson, Marshall (if available), F Evans, McEntee and Narkle as depth or delist.

Dixon and Boack retire.

Having 9 kicked on you by an average players isn’t a great sign.
He’ll have some good games but damn he’ll be frustrating I reckon.
Absolutely this. The difference between his good games and bad games are poles apart, and he seems to be like a bull at a gate, and doesn't have any composure when it comes to decision making. This works for him at times, other times it makes him look very stupid.

I rated Hartigan higher than most, I thought he was unfairly maligned at times.

I have a reasonable opinion on Keane, I just think he was the obvious choice to go out of Murray, Butts and Borlase (depth), and for us to get a reasonable return on him.

Let's see if he can eliminate the brainfarts from his game - I'm not convinced :)
I thought Hartigan was a very solid defender. His issue was when he got the ball in hand.

I rated Hartigan higher than most, I thought he was unfairly maligned at times.

I have a reasonable opinion on Keane, I just think he was the obvious choice to go out of Murray, Butts and Borlase (depth), and for us to get a reasonable return on him.

Let's see if he can eliminate the brainfarts from his game - I'm not convinced :)
I liked Hartigan, especially the angry Hartigan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest here.

Regardless of whether he would have cost too much or not, it's another player we've targeted and failed to attract to our club

This is despite Luko apparently being on a huge contract that requires a salary dump, despite him being a Crows fan growing up, despite our coaching meeting him during the season to try and lure him. All things that should have worked in our favor

It means diddly if the draw to play with his best mate is stronger, and it obviously is. Possibly that they're contending too, but things can change quickly in footy. We got Rankine and Dawson in in recent years, I'm taking them over Lukosious, so really this is no big deal.

I thought Hartigan was a very solid defender. His issue was when he got the ball in hand.
He got much better later on in his time with us, but his reputation preceeded him, and there was no converting the fan base who already perceived him as a dud.

When we got rid of him, I felt we needed to move one of him/Talia on and keep the other. I guess we did that, we just didn't expect Talia to miss the year and retire. So in hindsight, we made the wrong choice.

On the Borlase/Murray/Keane/Butts side of thing, Borlase is obviously the worst of the lot, and unless we're getting a return on one of the others, Borlase would've been the one I got rid of............But, with the changes in our forward line, I am happy with Borlase as dual threat depth.

In regards to Lukosious. He's making a poor decision. He's a cream ontop player. He's the type of player who would compliment an already good forward line. Being that 3rd/4th option behind studs. So clubs like Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, West Coast etc. He'd be a massive asset for clubs like that. However, going to a team where he's not the cream ontop, and is expected to be the key forward, clubs like Fremantle, Port Adelaide etc. He'll sink. Might beat up on bad teams, but he'll go missing in finals. You can have a Josh Jenkins in a team. But you can't expect him to lead a forward line.

He got much better later on in his time with us, but his reputation preceeded him, and there was no converting the fan base who already perceived him as a dud.

When we got rid of him, I felt we needed to move one of him/Talia on and keep the other. I guess we did that, we just didn't expect Talia to miss the year and retire. So in hindsight, we made the wrong choice.

On the Borlase/Murray/Keane/Butts side of thing, Borlase is obviously the worst of the lot, and unless we're getting a return on one of the others, Borlase would've been the one I got rid of............But, with the changes in our forward line, I am happy with Borlase as dual threat depth.

In regards to Lukosious. He's making a poor decision. He's a cream ontop player. He's the type of player who would compliment an already good forward line. Being that 3rd/4th option behind studs. So clubs like Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, West Coast etc. He'd be a massive asset for clubs like that. However, going to a team where he's not the cream ontop, and is expected to be the key forward, clubs like Fremantle, Port Adelaide etc. He'll sink. Might beat up on bad teams, but he'll go missing in finals. You can have a Josh Jenkins in a team. But you can't expect him to lead a forward line.
Borlase dual threat depth?

Borlase is defence depth at the very best.

Cannot agree in any way with your Hartigan/Keane opinion.

Keane after only 20 games with us is already superior to Hartigan, only thing they have in common is brain farts...compare that with Hartigan who was still doing that after 100 games.
Agreed

Hartigan was an honest trier, more similar to Borlase. Decent defensively.

Keane has a much higher level of skill, can intercept the ball. A bit suspect defensively but an asset from an attacking sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back