News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats the thing though... we won't be offered an extra future first on top of a first this year. It'll be instead of. With the pressure that, you need this future first to get Lukosius.

Getting approval to use our future first on Luko and getting that trade done separately, allows us to sit the Houston trade negotiations without the Luko trade being used as a lever against us.

You don't know we won't get offered two firsts, as that has been Port's stand all along.

But even if we get one first, we're golden. If we get the Suns' first we can trade our future first.

Why is everyone not shit scared of trading our F1 away?

Ended up having the easiest draw this year.

A lot of teams below us have heaps of improvement in them (Freo, GC, Collingwood didnt have a fwd line this year, heck can even see Melb with Petracca). Every chance we dont even make the 8 and hand over a top 10 pick for Luko and pick 23 that likely blows out to >25.
Port did NOT have the easiest draw this season 🤦 just because AFL decided to posy some dribble post after H&A to make it appear that way and to push their narrative(s). The entire season through out, Port have had one of the hardest fixtures and it was mentioned time and again. Hawks had an easier draw and lost majority of games against top 10 only mainly winning against the double up easier teams. Or teams with mass injuries etc..

Yes other teams have been and will be improving but guess what? So will Port. They won't decline. Freo young list but so is Port and they beat them twice. Port beat Hawks with a younger list in finals too.

If Port do a deal that trades their future 1st to GC then I'd assume there's a deal later involving a future 1st back to Port. My assumption is North trade out their pick 2 to Fremantle for picks 10 & 11 so Freo can deal with Bolton then North hand over pick 11 & future 1st for Houston. That's the deal Port should take. Not these other stupid ones from Pies & Blues.

Port did NOT have the easiest draw this season 🤦 just because AFL decided to posy some dribble post after H&A to make it appear that way and to push their narrative(s). The entire season through out, Port have had one of the hardest fixtures and it was mentioned time and again. Hawks had an easier draw and lost majority of games against top 10 only mainly winning against the double up easier teams. Or teams with mass injuries etc..

Yes other teams have been and will be improving but guess what? So will Port. They won't decline. Freo young list but so is Port and they beat them twice. Port beat Hawks with a younger list in finals too.

If Port do a deal that trades their future 1st to GC then I'd assume there's a deal later involving a future 1st back to Port. My assumption is North trade out their pick 2 to Fremantle for picks 10 & 11 so Freo can deal with Bolton then North hand over pick 11 & future 1st for Houston. That's the deal Port should take. Not these other stupid ones from Pies & Blues.
What narrative are you talking about? We only played one eventual finalist twice - Carlton, with 4 of our double ups finishing between 12th and 18th. Fixtures don't get much easier than that.

And the young Port which beat Hawks in the finals? Well we only actually won the first quarter.

Hey Lukosius fluffer, what’s he ever done that warrants millions? If you really think your mate Stinkley can get more out of this turkey than Hardwick then you really have drunk Stinkleys Pepsi.

And at least Sturt have a decent coach. You wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for new fans. 😂

People really under selling luko here.

People here get frustrated with Marshall for his laconic style. Lukosius is only two years younger than Todd and has similar strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps he's a bit better at ground level, but Todd is a better contested presence in the air and, let's face it that's not exactly Todd's strongest suit.

Facts are that Lukosius will have his critics at Port unless he can turn his playing style around fairly quickly and win over supporters by playing with hardness, intensity and reliability. If he can perform well in big games and against good opponents, that will help too.

Recruiting Lukosius is not the same as recruiting JHF.

if luko comes top 10 in the Coleman next season

The majority of people in here are gonna look like clowns.
I'm just hoping he matches Georgiades' output from this season.

Hey Lukosius fluffer, what’s he ever done that warrants millions? If you really think your mate Stinkley can get more out of this turkey than Hardwick then you really have drunk Stinkleys Pepsi.

And at least Sturt have a decent coach. You wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for new fans. 😂
Not sure what Luko’s contract agreement is yet, but I’ll say it’ll be a multiple year deal.
So what makes you think Hinkley will be around by mid 2025 if chances are we don’t make the top 4, let alone 2026?
It just makes your based opinions foolish.

if luko comes top 10 in the Coleman next season

The majority of people in here are gonna look like clowns.
I really, really hope he does.

How much of your optimism in him is based on the Under 18 form and hype and how much on what he has shown and achieved in his 6 years in the system?

What are the traits that you’re most excited about and are there any that have you doubting him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 23 is a 1st round draft pick so if we trade our future 1st and get 23 with Luko then we don't have to ask the AFL about trading the future 1st rounder

I'm just hoping he matches Georgiades' output from this season.
Yeah lets hope

Although Hinkley is obviously a poor coach, he gets players across who have obvious potential and have not shown it yet, they usually show it when they come to port.

Those people would still be whining had he picked the Crows.
Na, would've preferred he Picked them the opinion doesn't/shouldn't change because of him coming to us.

Those talking up Luko to unrealistic levels, are the ones that's would've changed their tune had he picked the Crows

I really, really hope he does.

How much of your optimism in him is based on the Under 18 form and hype and how much on what he has shown and achieved in his 6 years in the system?

What are the traits that you’re most excited about and are there any that have you doubting him?
I will be honest in saying some of the optimism is from his draft year

however he has ovbious traits such as a great inside 50 kick and decision making, a elite set shot, good leading patterns. Someone said yesterday if luko got the same shots as finlayson did in 2023 he would be kicking 50 a year which i do agree with.

The only doubt i have, he can be a little bit soft and doesn't take pack marks, and as we know we bomb it long to our key forwards. lets hope we have a new forward structure, with leading and better inside 50 kicks to the advantage of our forwards on a lead. If this happens i see him kicking 45+ goals next year

I think he will fit in well alongside MG,Marshall/Lord, Rioli,DBJ,SPP,Barett and Richards in a mobile forward line

I will be honest in saying some of the optimism is from his draft year

however he has ovbious traits such as a great inside 50 kick and decision making, a elite set shot, good leading patterns. Someone said yesterday if luko got the same shots as finlayson did in 2023 he would be kicking 50 a year which i do agree with.

The only doubt i have, he can be a little bit soft and doesn't take pack marks, and as we know we bomb it long to our key forwards. lets hope we have a new forward structure, with leading and better inside 50 kicks to the advantage of our forwards on a lead. If this happens i see him kicking 45+ goals next year

I think he will fit in well alongside MG,Marshall/Lord, Rioli,DBJ,SPP,Barett and Richards in a mobile forward line
You can scratch elite set shot. Every player, established or rookie, seems to regress in set shot accuracy when they arrive at Port, with the exception of Jay Schulz.

This is another case of us picking up a fringe 22 player from a club based on either potential or filling a need we have not been able to develop players for. And we wonder why the 15-22 last picked players are so terrible in our squad.

Luko was pick 2 on potential, he’s nowhere near lived up to that. How far can potential take you? Yeah yeah he kicked 39 goals one year… Aaron Young kicked 37 once. Who cares. To me this is an ‘at the right price’ type of pick up and - if the media is anything to go by - we’re looking at blowing a first rounder on this schlub. That’s not the right price, walk away Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back