Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think Aish would give Martin a run for his money?
Not personally although Aish is very good but I see Martin as a player that could dominate games more. IMO he could be an even better player than Bennell with that run and carry and probably my favourite draftee since Marc Murphy.

Jack Martin to play in NAB Cup.
Ashcroft said fans could expect to see the exciting young player used through the midfield if he does get the nod to play in February.

"So far he has been able to complete most of the training and tolerate it, so if he can get through that six or seven-week period after Christmas before we start playing then he will probably play in the NAB Cup," Ashcroft said.

Unlike fellow West Australian teammate Harley Bennell, who was homesick for the majority of his first year at the club, Martin said he had settled into the Coast lifestyle well.

"I'm staying at Jarrod Harbrow's place at the moment and him and his girlfriend are making me feel welcome," Martin said.

By all accounts this article is very true. He seems to be in a lot of pictures on Instagram with Harbrow, May and Brennan doing stuff like hanging out and fishing etc. Our strong indigenous support group coupled with alarge amount of WA boys has made it visibly easier for guys like Martin to find their feet as he looks like he's having a ball!

Martin 'better than Cyril'.
"I’ve seen him for the first six months, he played in all our NAB Cup games and to compare him to Cyril Rioli is not out of the question.

"Probably the area where he trumps him, Cyril does unbelievable things but he only gets 14 or 15 touches a game.

"Jacky Martin has been getting 25-30 and he does the same things, the run downs, the chases, the tackles, kicks some freakish goals, breaks lines and he’s outstanding on both sides of his body."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast young gun Jack Martin is ready to impose himself.
494024-f9e8248c-42bd-11e3-8139-2fc28a7acf56.jpg

Not that his slender frame is an issue for Jack Martin, or anyone else at the Gold Coast Suns.

He's ready for senior footy and finally the wait is over - the most hyped teenager in the country yesterday became an officially listed AFL player.

If anything, Martin's most pressing reason to broaden his shoulders is to carry the great weight of expectation that has been heaped upon him.

For the purpose of this thread, it's worth mentioning that he currently lives with Harbrow and his partner Emma. As we know, Harbs is a very good role model for our boys. Teaches a lot about diet and doing what's necessary.

and has a similar build...:thumbsu:

Will be interested ito see what hight/weight he comes in at when they update the player profiles on the Suns webpage, hopefully he's grown a bit taller and has put on some more muscle. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back