Player Watch Jackson Hately

Remove this Banner Ad

Sort of agree, but there’s a touch more to it than just being physically ready, though.

I agree, though in Hatelys case, its been all about being physically ready. He was billed as the best pure inside mid prospect of his draft, so having the game to impact at this level is there.

I'd be dissapointed if he didn't crack 20 disposal average but am expecting he will without issues assuming he plays midfield.

I don't think we need to temper expectations too much because Jones/Mchenry have been struggling to get near it at AFL level.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its going to be hard to see where mchenry fits if pedlar berry cook and oconnor all step up. With rowe and cook coming in a forward spot might be very hard to crack too. I still have hope jones can find his niche..maybe develop into a nullyfying role to target the opposition best player?

I don’t agree that you can measure a player by his possession count. Without seeing any stats, I don’t feel Richmond’s midfielders get huge accumulation stats individually. If they do, they don’t have a Matt Crouch/Tom Mitchell type in their mix. In terms of stats, I’d like to see our midfield group collectively win clearances and scores from clearances.

I’d like to see Jackson be able to go head to head with guys like Bont, Fyfe, Cripps and nullify/break even with them. If we can stop players like that having things on their own terms, then it gives us a chance to implement our own game plan.

you sure? I don’t remember that.

South Australia’s Jackson Hately is one of the most ready made players in the bumper 2018 draft crop. The tall midfielder was an integral component for the Croweaters throughout their victorious national championship campaign

Those who have watched him often will recognise Jackson Hately’s is arguably the drafts best pure inside midfielder, with his ability to find the football for South Australia earning him selection in the All-Australian side. In a star-studded on-ball brigade, the Trinity College student averaged 22.5 disposals, four marks and 6.8 tackles at the mid-year National Championships. The midfielder also managed 12 senior SANFL games this season, easily holding his spot in the Central Districts lineup.

With a little mayo applied, of course (as I thought Sam Walsh was earlier).

Let's keep things in perspective a bit here. If people are expecting Hatley to come in and be consistent midfielder who wins the ball 20+ times a game and be one of our prime movers next year......well settle down please.

The kid has played 13 AFL games. That is SFA. Hately, like the rest of our list requires development and a lot of it.
It's more than reasonable to expect a bloke picked in the first round of a super draft having had 3 yrs development to be able to get 20+ a game.
We shouldn't expect a fulltime mid (reason he wanted to play for us) to manage 5 touches a qtr ?

I agree, though in Hatelys case, its been all about being physically ready. He was billed one of the better as the best pure inside mid prospect of his draft, so having the game to impact at this level is there.
EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would You have given 6 to then?

1 and 2 are also cursed.

5, 7, 9 32 our best numbers
Modra curse.

Footy Gods did not like it when Blight pushed him out to Freo and no one stopped him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jackson Hately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back