Confirmed Jackson Macrae - joins the Saints on deadline day

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Power trying to be the new Dodoro. Get a deal done pencil head.

You called?

As far as I can see the last 3 time All Australian player to be traded was Dan Hannebery. Get around it sainters

Hannebery had the advantage of having attended a centre bounce in the last 6 months.

Whatever Carlton is asking for Kennedy
OK, so the idea is / was to flick it on for Kennedy.
I don't mind Kennedy, he's not a world beater but he's solid and he's got a couple of years on Macrae. Plus Bevo seems to have made his mind up on Macrae a bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing work from Sam Power to haggle for 9 days to move up from 47 to 45.

Move over Dodo, you've got company.

Amazing work from Sam Power to haggle for 9 days to move up from 47 to 45.

Move over Dodo, you've got company.
The day I see Sammy P don two jackets is the day I'll start to take him seriously in that space.
Rarefied air, the 🦤's airspace

Based on .... your expert list manager knowledge i guess.

If Caleb is going to Net a bigger return why wouldn't we just trade him to a club who isnt piss farting around
Again ... they're going to likely keep one of Caleb or Macrae ... that has been said from the beginning.

If North are offering a far better pick (which they reportedly are) then we might keep Macrae instead. One is likely to stay no matter how much you want to play list manager.
Loved hearing your knowledge on this one mate, much appreciated

You were spot on though that 46 alone wasn't getting it done. Pick 45 in the end.

Held out for a two pick upgrade from 47 to 45.

Elite trading from Pencil Head
A meaningful difference because that 45 was part of the Smith deal. It's possible Geelong would have not done that trade with 47.
Geez, Carlton got more for Kennedy than we gave for Macrae in the end
As if salary and salary cap room isn't part of the equation.

Earlier negotiations over the last week or two were still taking place regarding if Dogs would pay any of Macrae's salary and if so, how much. In the end, the Dogs aren't paying any.

A meaningful difference because that 45 was part of the Smith deal. It's possible Geelong would have not done that trade with 47.

Earlier negotiations over the last week or two were still taking place regarding if Dogs would pay any of Macrae's salary and if so, how much. In the end, the Dogs aren't paying any.
Or perhaps paying most of it. thats why we gave you the 2 pick slide.

Of course salary is part of it! This is what we have been saying all along. Can't expect any more than a third rounder for a guy that couldn't cement a spot in the first 22 and was still on 800k.

But posters like Doggy just kept barking that a third rounder was no chance of getting it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Jackson Macrae - joins the Saints on deadline day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back