Delisted Jackson Paine (2014-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I know where your coming from, I'm not sure they had the Westpac center in those days or what their facilities were like, but the Lions were on the cutting edge in other ways back then. Hopefully Leigh, Leppa & a few $$$ might see us up there again.

All the best facilities in the world won't matter if you don't have the talent to match, the 02 team was all heart and carried by a few stars the 03 team was less grunt and too many soft young outside types Lonie, R.Shaw etc.

Brisbane 01-04 had the best spread of talent I've seen not a single line had a weakness better then the current Geelong team 07-11.

Paine should of got more games then he did had some decent blocks in the VFL,
- good kick at goal
- has strong hands generally
- isn't the best below his knee's
- is not a "quick" tall but leads hard most the day
- is slightly undersized in Height but so was Fev back in his day
- Not a Bradshaw type, isn't as athletic and can only see him (Paine) play as a fwd.

I think he can make it but is more the 2nd or 3rd banana then 1st.

I must admit that in his time at Collingwood I always thought he looked an unlikely type. And I still can't really picture him becoming a good player. But I haven't seen much of him, and first impressions are not always accurate, so hopefully he can surprise me.

PAINE%20Jackson.png

HEHE!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am interested to see how Paine is travelling? Will he get any games this year? I don't think he played in any of the pre season ones?

I am interested to see how Paine is travelling? Will he get any games this year? I don't think he played in any of the pre season ones?

He's been coming back from injury.

I'd think that if he can stay fit, he'll almost certainly see senior footy this year. Our first string forwards are ageing and/or a bit injury prone whilst the youngsters aren't proven yet.

Yeah I think he will get a chance. He could play to cover McGuane in a 3rd tall role, or maybe even in the 2nd tall forward as I doubt Close would play a full season. Needs a good run of 6 or so games in the 2nds to get fitness up first.

I thought he was pretty good last night, albeit only 1 goal, but how it came about prior to the free being awarded was great to watch, really strong body on body

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted Jackson Paine (2014-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back