MRP / Trib. Jacob van Rooyen - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Punishment- 0 weeks and a trade to Freo at the end of the season and Melbourne forced to send their Luke Jackson pick to us .

Fair result for everyone
Pretty unfair on van rooyen banishing him to purgatory, even for a demon.

Yet no mention of this:

FvfbJ2BacAUr--0

If JVR gets rubbed out then we might as well make the game non contact.

Bit hard to swallow hearing Browny (who retired from repeated concussions) downplaying hits to the head while fumbling over the word Tribunal and ending up saying "Tribuneral".

Anyway, my read on the situation is that Van Rooyen taking his eyes off the ball will be his undoing. The AFL will then invoke their "once you made that decision, you are responsible for the outcome" clause. 2 weeks or tribunal, depending on the impact grading.

Last edited:
What the * happened there? Van Rooyen barely touched him, there must have been something there from the earlier hit. I'd have to see another angle if one was available but did VR actually make contact with the area at the back of his head where Ballard was grabbing? It certainly didn't look like it to me.
According to bigboy Dew, Ballard heard a crack in his neck, shat himself- reasonably- and called the doc who ordered the stretcher as a precaution.

Ballard is fine now.

Zero weeks.

You’re going to be very disappointed. He touched the ball, and the actual contact on Ballard wasn’t severe. I’m guessing 1 week if that.
Maynard got 2 weeks for collecting the player and the ball with a swinging arm last year, I expect something similar.

Bit hard to swallow hearing Browny (who retired from repeated concussions) downplaying hits to the head while fumbling over the word Tribunal and ending up saying "Tribuneral".

Anyway, my read on the situation is that Van Rooyen taking his eyes off the ball will be his undoing. The AFL will then invoke their "once you made that decision, you are responsible for the outcome" clause. 2 weeks or tribunal, depending on the impact grading.

Browny can't say half the words he attempts and nothing to do with head knocks

AFL just look at it and think 'potential he may come back seeking a payout for concussion, so best to suspend the other bloke'

It's a contact sport ffs. There was no malice in it and his bicep barely makes contact. If he wanted to hurt him he wouldnt use his bicep

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno how you can call it High Impact when there was no injury. Hopefully we challenge this one.

That said, meh. Looks like he needed a rest and I wanna see Josh Schache unleashed on whatever passes as "defence" down Glenferrie.

The club has to appeal this decision. Absolute [censored] joke of a decision. The whole “took his eyes off the ball” narrative is being misinterpreted as a bad thing.. JVR clearly took a duty of care to ensure he knew where the opponent was so as to avoid punching him in the head.. The momentum of Ballard coming forward carried him into JVR’s bicep. A total football accident.

Yet no mention of this:

FvfbJ2BacAUr--0

If JVR gets rubbed out then we might as well make the game non contact.

Yeah if you can’t run back at a player without eyes on the ball, punch the player in the head and cause him to get stretched off then we may as wind up the AFL. Nanny state.

Good players can anticipate by watching the opposition player and his movements. That’s what players like Andrews and Van Rooyen do.

Maybe if he was good he would have hit the ball instead of the head of the player. Just a thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Jacob van Rooyen - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back