Jacobs dropped!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I encourage all passionate dj supporters to come to his defence.
We need to keep that hype up about him, so that his market value is as high as possible at the end of the year.

By the way, as a matter of interest, I believe that df was resigned, so much is he on? I would expect he is one of the higher earners on our list, yet he is not close to one of our 10 best players.

Would you like to explain that sentince again, df? Just the underlined section.

I haven't read any one on here that has stated DJ is in our top 10. We are able to give credit where credit is due, based on DJ's form he has been unlucky to be dropped.

I wouldn't go changing our list too much at the moment, After the 2008 we will no alot more about our list and who will or will not make it. Our list as is, is working. The players are thinking of each other and the team. Re-signing with out negoitating with the hawks for more money, as the team is more important. Which means they rate each other and want to win for them self as much as for them self!

I don't know how much money DJ is on, but if he is being over paid that is the hawks fault and they may need to move on DJ, if you are right. I hope you are wrong as i believe DJ is valuable to our defence and list.

Jacobs is a good player, it shows how well we are travelling in that we are in a position to balance the team for structure and leave him out.

Collingwood will probably have a smaller mobile forward line this week, and Jacobs is easily our slowest player so its just for balance. He'll be back in and is still an important part of our team IMO. I'd be shocked if he wasn't straight back in for the Adelaide game.

I don't hate him either, we just judge him on his merits, rather than coming with up with clichés like 'he's composed'.
Composed is one of his traits, so is his reading of the play, spoiling and high efficiency rate
IMO, the coaches are on the same page as me, in that since the young kpp have gained experience and improved, he's no longer an automatic selection the way he plays. That is, while the young players were inexperienced, any, I repeat any, kpp with experience on the list was an automatic selection.
Just because he's left out this game doesn't mean he isn't important to the side. No one is an automatic selection, you develop a squad and then pick the best 22 available depending on injuries form and opposition matchups

Just a sign of the times, and the coaches putting his true worth out there.
True worth? The fact Danny isn't playing this weekend does not prove any point the Jacobs bashers are trying to make. He's a good player.

I repeat, as I have so many times this year: put jacobs on the table at the end of the year.
Why lose a defender? If anything we will probably look to bolster our defensive depth.

I encourage all passionate dj supporters to come to his defence.
We need to keep that hype up about him, so that his market value is as high as possible at the end of the year.

By the way, as a matter of interest, I believe that df was resigned, so much is he on? I would expect he is one of the higher earners on our list, yet he is not close to one of our 10 best players.
Doubt he'd be on that much, we've been managing our payments very carefully since AC took over. He's been one of our most consistent performers over the last few years, and I don't understand some of the comments made about him. They certainly don't have any substance to the argument, or convinced me that he is anything other than solid player.

Would you like to explain that sentince again, df? Just the underlined section.

I haven't read any one on here that has stated DJ is in our top 10. We are able to give credit where credit is due, based on DJ's form he has been unlucky to be dropped.

I wouldn't go changing our list too much at the moment, After the 2008 we will no alot more about our list and who will or will not make it. Our list as is, is working. The players are thinking of each other and the team. Re-signing with out negoitating with the hawks for more money, as the team is more important. Which means they rate each other and want to win for them self as much as for them self!

I don't know how much money DJ is on, but if he is being over paid that is the hawks fault and they may need to move on DJ, if you are right. I hope you are wrong as i believe DJ is valuable to our defence and list.

yeah, so valuable that he gets dropped on arguably our biggest game of the season so far.

I think Danny's been dropped for match ups too. He should be back soon, very unlucky, and just so that you all know he played for BH today and went well.

So too did Thorp but wasn't good at all, can't remember him touching the ball. So it looks as if Ellis will play tomorrow.

I don't understand why everyone backs up Ellis so much he's played probably 2 games for BH, so none of you would even have had much of a chance to see him play. And the few senior games he's played he's been given very little game time?????? He definately doesn't look ready for senior football as of yet from where i am sitting. I'm sure he will be a super player when ready though. For the meantime, i don't feel we need him in the side nor does he deserve a spot.

* He's been promoted a couple of times to Hawthorn without having played with Box Hill the week previous?????? Clarko must love him.

yeah, so valuable that he gets dropped on arguably our biggest game of the season so far.

Yeah because with a forward line of

HF: Johnson, Cloke, Didak
F: Thomas, Reid, Fraser

And Davis on the bench

It shows they only have 2 key position players in the forward line, not including Fraser floating forward so the need of another tall isnt as important.

I would back Ellis in more on Thomas, Davis or Didak, then Jacobs.

With Gilham and Croad playing read and Cloke with the chance of Brown rotating on either, whats the need for Jacobs in this game?

Jacobs is out because Thorp will play. Jacobs has been playing as a hff at the moment and Thorp is IN, you watch.

Got any tips on the horses?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a heap of it at BH, alot of freebies in the backline from what i read, but nonethless 40 possessions or so.

I think he'll be back next week, was left out this week due to match ups combined with average/ok form.

Jacobs is out because Thorp will play. Jacobs has been playing as a hff at the moment and Thorp is IN, you watch.

Got any tips on the horses?

Maybe I could scout around the forums like you shooting everyone down and offering nothing. I wonder what would be more value to the hard working people who run the site...

You are one of a few Hawthorn flogs that have landed since we have started winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacobs dropped!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back