Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-09/treloar-wasnt-a-priority-for-giants-says-manager

"ADAM Treloar's management says the midfielder would still be at Greater Western Sydney beyond this year if the club had offered him a fair and reasonable new deal during the 2015 season."
He always wanted to stay but the club wasn't going to jeopardise its payment strategy to satisfy one midfielder.

He will be missed but ward, Shiel, kelly, Greene, WHE, Scully, coniglio, Whitfield, Griffen, hopper, Steele, Kennedy, Barrett, Williams, ahern, etc meant that his loss is easily filled.

Will take 2 first rounders just to get a convo with GC if stays on the field this year and for the sake of the game I hope he does.

We would obviously have a crack but history says we wont land him, although we will force some fool into paying too much.

Does that mean that you think we paid overs for Treloar?

Does that mean that you think we paid overs for Treloar?

Technically whoever wins an auction has paid overs because they've paid what no one else was willing to.

However as long as you guys are happy to have Treloar on board, what you paid for him is academic now.

There's been a lot of whispers/talk in recent months that we're heavily into him, including from Inside Football/SEN's Brett Anderson, who tends to have his finger on the pulse pretty well. He named us as being the "frontrunner" for his services (if he chose to leave) late last season. Injury-free, he would be the exact type to a tee that we would be targeting and I imagine we'd be very willing to offer up our next two first rounders if that was what it took to make it happen.

Knee would be a pretty serious concern though, which really complicates matters for anyone chasing him.

Whispers coming from the same place that claimed Saints had Weller all wrapped up and Carlisle on the cheap or in the PSD? My favourite of his was a deal for Jeremy Cameron was as good as done, then he signs a 5 year extension. Need to stop listening to BS's BS.

He always wanted to stay but the club wasn't going to jeopardise its payment strategy to satisfy one midfielder.

He will be missed but ward, Shiel, kelly, Greene, WHE, Scully, coniglio, Whitfield, Griffen, hopper, Steele, Kennedy, Barrett, Williams, ahern, etc meant that his loss is easily filled.

Trelour was your 2nd best young mid. His loss is not easily filled.

Carlton, Melbourne, Saints & Essendon could all afford him but these days it's hard for the clubs down the bottom to poach players.

Dogs, Collingwood & Cats have invested heavily in other players.

I think it's down to Richmond, North, maybe Hawthorne if they can fit him in. All depends on what sort of person he is.

Lol North are no chance.

Haven't got the draft picks or young player assets to get a deal done (unless they finish in the bottom 4 this year)

Whispers coming from the same place that claimed Saints had Weller all wrapped up and Carlisle on the cheap or in the PSD? My favourite of his was a deal for Jeremy Cameron was as good as done, then he signs a 5 year extension. Need to stop listening to BS's BS.

Don't expect a response, ARR tends to ignore anything resembling criticism of St Kilda or contrary to what he wants to hear*. He'd be shattered Brian cancelled his account.

Has me on ignore for that reason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the rest. Clubs will offer him a buddy type deal if his knee comes good. At least 7 years 800k-1m ball park. Depending of course how he goes this year.

The fact he's putting contract talks off tells me he's confident he can recover well. If he wasn't, he'd sign up the second GC offed him a contract.

Geez I hope it comes good because there's nothing worse then a player cut down by injury
does anyone think that the current buddy deal has put off clubs from any future buddy type deals?

does anyone think that the current buddy deal has put off clubs from any future buddy type deals?

10mill over 10 years? Probably not.

If you look at how much contracts have gone up since 10 years ago, it's not all that bad if Buddy doesn't play out his contract. 10 years from now $1mill a year won't be outrageous. There'll probably be a few running around on $2mill per year.

We will lose one of Hurley or Hooker, and will get O'Meara for our troubles.
Bookmark it.

Why on earth would either one of those players leave? Being completely serious here either - is there absolutely any evidence to these claims?

Why on earth would either one of those players leave? Being completely serious here either - is there absolutely any evidence to these claims?
Would you stay?

Technically whoever wins an auction has paid overs because they've paid what no one else was willing to

I would disagree with this statement. A lot of homes at auction end up below the reserve and don't sell.

Look at eBay, if you know what you are looking for you can get an awesome deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back