Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't imagine they would. And they wouldn't have to.

This is where the rubber hits the road. The Suns can puff out their chests and insist that they will dictate the terms of this trade. But they won't. JOM will nominate a club and that club will then figure out whether it suits them to trade an established player or whether the deal will revolve around draft picks.

[/MEDIA]

The Suns have some what more leverage though given that O'meara is not a free agent and if they held there ground and put him in the draft a club would take him in the 1st round IMO but in regards to a trade they will want established players

That makes a lot of sense it's just only issue is theres not many KPFs going around. I would just think if Omera talks to 7 + clubs and if Collingwood do choose to be one of them he seems like a bloke that would want to play for a club like the pies and the pies seem to always find a way for a good trade. That's just my opinion.

I cant see they have he currency to trade for him unless its players but I doubt suns would be interested in what pies put up.

Imo they will be active this trade period. The club has been planning for 2017 for 3 years and the coaches head is now on the block so I expect something to happen this trade period.

Logic says that there will have to be a discount applied to the trade. You are not buying a used car in mint condition as say a Treloar was when he was traded. There is a risk involved and the value will be adjusted to reflect that risk. Very early first rounder. GC may want his pre injury value which they will not get.

Lets be honest - Are GC going to want more draft picks for JOM? - they already have multiple 1st Rd and 2nd RD in 2016 draft not to mention what they will receive for Prestia

I think the deal may need to be a best 18 player (Someone who is named on ground each week) under 26 50+ Games Experience & a 2017 1st Rounder GCS

Which clubs are really in the best position to give GCS what they want

Eg: If Hawthorn are the club the JOM wants to go to then GCS could enquire about Bruest + 2017 1st rounder which will be 10-18 range.

Would Hawthorn do that deal?

So a 25 year old AA who regularly kicks 50 goals a year PLUS a first round pick.

No I wouldn't have thought so.

I would have thought our first pick PLUS Sciliy (21yo and will kick over 30+ goals in his first year of senior footy) is closer to the mark.

Uh no that's not right.

Yeah I got that a tad wrong. He can't be sent to the PSD, though. He can nominate for the ND with financial terms if GC don't trade him to a club that he agrees to go to. Or just because that what he feels like doing.

I agree with this, Pies have been very active in recent trade period, but this year there will be players going out, with only fringies coming in. It's in the clubs plan to hase gold next year, with a KPP in mind.
Yeah fair call. Ideally then you would want to hope you can snare a Tim Membrey or a Josh Bruce type of trade/player like the Saints got for practically a bag on peanuts if you haven't got much to offer up on the trade table for a well known KPF.

Logic says that there will have to be a discount applied to the trade. You are not buying a used car in mint condition as say a Treloar was when he was traded. There is a risk involved and the value will be adjusted to reflect that risk. Very early first rounder. GC may want his pre injury value which they will not get.

get they RACV to check him eh?

They want an elite player. So with that being said, the realistic prime candidates from each team would be:

Richmond - Riewoldt, Deledio
St.Kilda - Armitage
North - Goldstein, Tarrant
Collingwood - Pendlebury, Sidebottom
Essendon - ????
Carlton - Murphy, Gibbs
Hawthorn - Gunston

In all seriousness, i think Richmond would trade Jack Riewoldt for Jaeger O'Meara if they could.

I think he is the most realistic out of this group

Respectfully, I think Breust alone is worth more than JOM as it stands atm

If Jaeger was at full rat power and raring to go then his elite potential probably equals Breust's already proven consitent elite output for someone not that much older in football terms.

It's been mentioned ad nauseum though that his knee is still just one big unknown and the reality might be that his worth has dropped.

I'm biased towards the Hawks but Breust for JOM + 3rd round might be more of an equivalent in the current climate.
You would be mad to give up Breust for a bloke who might not reach his potential

They want an elite player. So with that being said, the realistic prime candidates from each team would be:

St.Kilda - Armitage
Essendon - ????
Carlton - Murphy, Gibbs
Hawthorn - Gunston

In all seriousness, i think Richmond would trade Jack Riewoldt for Jaeger O'Meara if they could.

Goldstein and Tarrent aren't going anywhere.

However Ben Cunnington is someone who seems to be getting thrown around as a potential trade option.
Former top 5 pick and B&F winner.
Established midfielder, seems to fit the criteria GC have set?

The Suns have some what more leverage though given that O'meara is not a free agent and if they held there ground and put him in the draft a club would take him in the 1st round IMO but in regards to a trade they will want established players
Yeah, he's not a free agent. So what? Haven't we seen this play out enough times to know that doesn't mean GC make the call?

JOM will nominate a team. If it suits that team to trade an established player, then happy days. If not, the deal will be structured around picks. The Suns can insist they want established players – that's fine. But if that's the case, maybe they should get better at retaining/attracting players. It's not the prerogative of other clubs to say: "Here, take this guy." They'll try to get JOM on terms that suit them and GC aren't really in a position to dictate otherwise.

If they let him go to the draft, they lose him for nothing. That's not going to happen. Given how regularly this scenario gets raised, you'd think it happens a handful of times every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Kilda - Armitage
Essendon - ????
Carlton - Murphy, Gibbs
Hawthorn - Gunston

These are meant to be realistic?

I think he will end up at the Saints.
Armitage + 1st pick
for
O'Meara and 2nd pick
Unless Armitage wants out, the Saints don't need to do that.

Just to clarify something - a player cannot go directly into the PSD now. You have to nominate for the ND in order to be picked in the PSD. He'll have financial terms to meet anyway. No one is going to get him for nothing. GC would lose him for nothing if they don't get the trade done, though.
not sure about that. Source?

Already stated he does not want to go to the Bombers.
This is absolutely not the case, media speculation is that he may not have got on that well with Bluey, this is however blown out of proportion and the relationship is amicable. For the record, whether we are in the picture or not to attain his services, Essendon has been in his ear since 2015 about a potential move, just so happens with our suspensions and finishing last that the stars may be aligning.

Also just for laughs you repeatedly made out your own opinions as fact on the Hurley trade discussion, making a fool of yourself as the the whole thing blew up in your face, you know nothing bulldog15 :thumbsu:

So a 25 year old AA who regularly kicks 50 goals a year PLUS a first round pick.

No I wouldn't have thought so.

What im saying is that they will not want a pick at the end of the 1st round (which is where hawthorns will be) there will need to be a player involved somewhere and that player will need to have played regular AFL football I only used Bruest as an example.

Do you have any ideas what it might take to get JOM to the hawks

Btw Bruest has kicked 50+ goals twice in his career including all finals

2014 - 25 Games - 57 Goals
2015- 25 Games - 52 Goals

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/L/Luke_Breust.html

St.Kilda - Armitage
Essendon - ????
Carlton - Murphy, Gibbs
Hawthorn - Gunston

Gunston signed a new contract with the Hawks this year. He isn't part of this deal.

Yeah fair call. Ideally then you would want to hope you can snare a Tim Membrey or a Josh Bruce type of trade/player like the Saints got for practically a bag on peanuts if you haven't got much to offer up on the trade table for a well known KPF.
True, and I think with Carlisle coming back and McCartin looking the goods the Saints might have a surplass. But, Collingwood are eyeing off the talent at the GCS, with Wright and Lynch in mind, the latter will cost the kitchen sink.

St.Kilda - Armitage
Essendon - ????
Carlton - Murphy, Gibbs
Hawthorn - Gunston

so whos going to kick our goals?
Can O'Meara play FF?

LOL, what makes essendon supporters think they have the 1st pick in the PSD, last year there was no PSD and picks in the PSD if there was one is only known after the completion of the draft, ever wondered why not every club has participated in it when it was in use, if Essendon fill their list after the draft and brisbane don't then it will be Brisbane with the 1st pick, quality players are not going into the PSD ever again, AFL won't allow it, get a trade done or stay where you are or step away for a year.
If they leave a spot on their list
They will have a pic in the PSD. Since the finished last that pick will be before anyone else who also leaves a spot on their list.

Oh JOM nominates Essendon and a deal isn't djne they will pass on their last pick in the draft and take JOM in the PSD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back