Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether it's the dogs or some other club, the hawks are vulnerable to having jaeger pinched because of 2 factors:

1. GC are flush with picks and are dead serious about being prepared to lose him for nothing. (it's not like this is a scully walking out on a rock bottom dees situation... Where they desperately need compensation).
As a result they are happy for this to drag out until they get offered something they are happy with... If that means it never comes, so be it.

2. Jaeger has chosen hawks as a preference sure.... But it's not like a Danger to cats type situation where it's one club or nothing, no matter what.

The longer they let it go, the more vulnerable the hawks get. It's in their best interests to do the legwork putting a GC suitable deal together.

If it gets anywhere close to next fridays deadline without getting done, Jaeger will blink and be open to other destinations I reckon.
So far it is one club or nothing as his manager has already stated its hawthorn with no plan b and jaeger not wanting to go anywhere else.

Surely this would be somewhat close or maybe fair to getting the deal done. Will Langford, pick 23 (which we should receive for Hill) and our first round pick next year all involved in a direct trade to the Gold Coast that sees Jaeger O'Meara alone head to Hawks. If Langford doesn't appeal to Suns, which he may or may not, if not is in fact the case, it's hard to think of how we can get a deal done without other teams being involved. Despite what many of you think, although Jaeger has the potential to be the best mid in the game, there is the fact he hasn't played a senior game since 2014. This alone brings down his market value immensely. If he had been a star the past 2 seasons and played every game it would be more than fair for the Suns to expect two top 10 picks for him, but based on the circumstances that obviously isn't the case. I of course can definitely understand why many will think it's an unfair deal but that's just my take on it!
Langford is a fringe player at Hawthorn and while GC don't want picks, he's not worthy of a trade for O'Meara based purely on ability regardless if he's been out of the game for 2 years.

Good tells the AFL and other clubs its stupid the Queensland teams are glorified reserve teams for Victorian teams to pluck when they want. I get Hawthorn are under the salary cap and all that stuff but the state of it now is that some clubs are drafting players and having basically 3-4 year rentals before they go to another club. It's fair by the rules but it gets bland with the same teams getting all the talent and competing for the top spots.

1. I'm not against clubs making a stand on stuff like this; too many clubs just turn their toes up in these scenarios.
2. If you're wondering why players are looking to leave, the answer is in your backyard.

O'Meara to Essendon looking more and more likely

Pretty poor form to get a guy to nominate you when you aren't prepared to offer something decent to get him.

Who says we're not? Blathering Tony Cochrane?

So far it is one club or nothing as his manager has already stated its hawthorn with no plan b and jaeger not wanting to go anywhere else.
So he'll sit out yet another 12 months?

I've seen no direct quotes but would think he'd come to Essendon before sitting out a year because he couldn't get to his first preference.

Wow so many people with ants in their pants and getting knives out, trade period has only been going for 3 days! Hawks most likely waiting to get pick back from Hill trade (most likely 23 now). I think they will do a 3 way trade with Brisbane, lions to get pick 23 and some player/s Fages thinks can play a role for them. Suns to get Hanley and Hawks 2017 first, Hawks get OMeara.
If a deal hasn't been reached by this time next week then I'll start to get worried

Langford is a fringe player at Hawthorn and while GC don't want picks, he's not worthy of a trade for O'Meara based purely on ability regardless if he's been out of the game for 2 years.

I wouldn't say he is your typical fringe player, he has had his own struggles with injury which has made it unable for him to get a clear run at it and hit his top form. Hence why pick 23 and next years first round would have to be included with Langford. As I said though, it is more than likely that another club gets involved for the trade to be done instead.

GCS want an established player
The problem is that there are very few decent players putting their hands up to play there

No player can be traded (anywhere) without his agreement

GCS may have to accept that they need to get their own house in order before players agree to go there

Accepting less than they want for O'Meara might be in their longer term interests

Wow 3 days in and this trade hasn't been done is anyone actually surprised by that? Theres so much time left and any one on here wouldnt have a clue what's being offered. Talks could be going Well for all we know . As for Jaeger choosing another club that would be a Slim chance of happening, apparently Mitchell was off to saints yesterday arvo plus jaegers manager said prior to trade period he did not have a plan b.

Brisbane likely to be involved with Hanley and I think hawks will look at offering up any of birchall, puopolo and shiels

Hawks 2017 1st Brisbane
Hanley + shiels goldcoast
Omeara hawks with a high possibilty of pick swaps

Wow 3 days in and this trade hasn't been done is anyone actually surprised by that? Theres so much time left and any one on here wouldnt have a clue what's being offered. Talks could be going Well for all we know . As for Jaeger choosing another club that would be a Slim chance of happening, apparently Mitchell was off to saints yesterday arvo plus jaegers manager said prior to trade period he did not have a plan b.

Brisbane likely to be involved with Hanley and I think hawks will look at offering up any of birchall, puopolo and shiels

Hawks 2017 1st Brisbane
Hanley + shiels goldcoast
Omeara hawks with a high possibilty of pick swaps
Sheils manager said he isn't leaving.

Puopolo and Sicily as the names mentioned. You'd want to hope his knees hold up.

He's only worth Sicily or a pick under his current predicament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCS want an established player
The problem is that there are very few decent players putting their hands up to play there

No player can be traded (anywhere) without his agreement

GCS may have to accept that they need to get their own house in order before players agree to go there

Accepting less than they want for O'Meara might be in their longer term interests
Essendon may yet be involved. Essendon could trade pick 1 to the Suns for 2 x top 10 picks and Hawks could trade pick 23 so Suns get the best young talent outside an academy plus with pick 23 an academy player. Mind you, I think Essendon would be better served trading with GWS if GWS end up with 3 & 5.

Which is probably why draft picks are also being included...

GCS is such a waste of space club, outside of JOM being a human being who shouldnt be treated like chattel, it would be great if GCS refuse to deal and he goes to the draft.

Pointless, meaningless club that has no place in the competition shooting itself in the foot just to spite its players. Delicious.

GCS is such a waste of space club, outside of JOM being a human being who shouldnt be treated like chattel, it would be great if GCS refuse to deal and he goes to the draft.

Pointless, meaningless club that has no place in the competition shooting itself in the foot just to spite its players. Delicious.
Keep going mate tell us how you really feel.

Players always get to where they want to go these days.
As long as Hawthorn offer something half decent, he gets there.
It doesn't have to be the right value.
They offer Langford and a second rounder. That's enough for the mediators and players union to let it pass through.

Keep going mate tell us how you really feel.

I feel the same way as the majority of football supporters. The AFL is pouring money in to basketcase clubs when they should have shored up the existing clubs and expanded in to Tasmania.

10 years from now GCS will either be gone, or still bleeding players who dont want to be there.

You do realise in leagues like the NBA overseas it is common practice for people to be traded without their permission.

But regardless it is day 3 of 10, something will happen.

A
I feel the same way as the majority of football supporters. The AFL is pouring money in to basketcase clubs when they should have shored up the existing clubs and expanded in to Tasmania.

10 years from now GCS will either be gone, or still bleeding players who dont want to be there.
All cos we decided to stand up and not get screwed over?

With Sam Mitchell leaving, I reckon our 2017 pick will be better than our 2016 pick. The club has flagged 2016 will be a rebuild year, not a premiership year.

I still reckon next year's first rounder to Brisbane and Hanley to Gold Coast. Hawks then need to send something else Gold Coast's way, either a player or a pick to another club (i.e. if we get 23 from Freo) which sends a player their way.

A deal will get done, just like it did with T.Mitchell and just like Richmond didn't match the Vickery offer. Everyone is jumping at shadows because they don't want him to get to Hawthorn.

Yeah I don't know what Hawthorn's short term strategy is. Hodge, Gibson, Burgoyne all re-signed then late in the piece B&F winner Mitchell potentially out the door. Bizarre. Not North 'you're delisted, good luck for the finals' bizarre but still very left field.

I don't expect Hawthorn to do a Freo and fall into the bottom 4, but I also don't expect O'Meara should he get there to have an immediate impact. Tom Mitchell yes, but that's offset by Sam Mitchell potentially going. Hawthorn were unlucky to miss the prelim but lucky to make the top 4. Hard to gauge just how far off the pace they were. I'd be tipping a 6-10 finish, but then I tipped us for that pre losing Brown and Mackenzie in 2015 and we finished 2nd.

If I was forecasting a downward trend I'd want to keep my early picks for that period and trade around that. With pick 14 gone and potentially 2017's first round pick perhaps Clarkson and co think 2017 is a last hurrah and they'll rebuild from the draft 2018/19. Tom Mitchell and O'Meara both have plenty of footy left so are long term propositions anyway.

A

All cos we decided to stand up and not get screwed over?

Screwed over would be him heading to the draft and you getting nothing. Which seems to be what your clown of a President wants.

Every club has given away players for unders. Did Adelaide bitch and moan over Dangerfield? Or did they just do the best they could?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back