Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a trade thread but considering the other bs that has filled the pages I'm going to comment here.

Do Hawks fans claim Wright is a man of integrity..? For mine, the fact that he just said quite publicly and to untold number of listeners, that Brad Hill came to him/them in tears wanting to go home is a severe breach of confidentiality.
Oh please..Wright says that and he has no integrity.
You're a hard marker my friend.

GW has gone cold so I wonder if Essendon start haggling. They have the Psd threat I'll be very interested to see of they use it over the next week?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

For the millionth time
Essendon and every other club do not have the PSD as an option.

Just like luke ball did;

Jaeger will nominate for the NATIONAL Draft if a deal isn't done.

Bombers would need to use pick 1 on him.

For the millionth time

Just like luke ball did;

Any club could take him in the ND, Hawthorn don't pick till 23.

For the millionth time

Just like luke ball did;

And GC have a stack of picks before the Hawks. Would be hilarious to see them pick him again

Does he need to nominate for the ND or can he if he wants only nominate for the PSD?

Genuine question.

It used to only be PSD because of when player contracts expire each year. Its now before the draft so Im pretty sure he could nominate for that.

And GC have a stack of picks before the Hawks. Would be hilarious to see them pick him again

Would be a completely stupid thing to do. But this is GCS we are talking about... so its possible.

Use a 1st rounder to draft a guy who was already on their list.

Does he need to nominate for the ND or can he if he wants only nominate for the PSD?

Genuine question.

He can only nominate his own salary (ie the price on his head) if he nominates for the National draft.

He would be forced to play for standard rookie wage if he nominated for the PSD.

That's why the National draft is now the only option if a deal doesn't get done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wouldn't happen because it would be a clear restraint of trade, jaeger would win a court case in 3 seconds and the redrafting would be voided.

Of all the possible options, no matter how unlikely.... this one with GC redrafting jaeger in the ND is genuinely impossible.

He can only nominate his own salary (ie the price on his head) if he nominates for the National draft.

He would be forced to play for standard rookie wage if he nominated for the PSD.

That's why the National draft is now the only option if a deal doesn't get done.
He can put a price on his head in the PSD as well

Sending players to the draft rather than accepting the best deal you can get is pretty idiotic.

You will notice that very few clubs do this, because it is dumb.
Making a stand saying we don't want to be pushed around in the trade period by clubs who think they can walk all over us is dumb? Sure we understand that players may want to leave but we value those players and we want to be given what we deem reasonable value. Just because we don't think your offer is good enough does not make us stupid or idiots.

Genuine question.

Last year the clubs decided to not hold a PSD because there was no point. From Wikipedia

The 2016 pre-season draft; which was to be held on 27 November 2015, but was cancelled when all clubs declined to take part

If the O'Meara deal can't get done then you can bet Essendon will be rallying for a PSD.

But I have no idea if you need at least 2 clubs who want a PSD or how the process works in any useful detail.

Sending players to the draft rather than accepting the best deal you can get is pretty idiotic.

It's not idiotic if the best deal you are offered is something you are more than happy to miss out on.

You have to sell your Ferrari or it's going to the car crusher.
The only bidder offers you a dollar.

I'd tell the 1 dollar joker to go jump and watch the car get squashed.

It's not idiotic if the best deal you are offered is something you are more than happy to miss out on.

What if they are offering 80 % of the cars value? Still rather nothing?

Especially if it's your soon to be ex-wife / husband.

That wouldn't happen because it would be a clear restraint of trade, jaeger would win a court case in 3 seconds and the redrafting would be voided.

Of all the possible options, no matter how unlikely.... this one with GC redrafting jaeger in the ND is genuinely impossible.

why would it be voided, you enter the draft, you go where you're told. I guess in theory if he didn't want to play for the side that picked him he could just sit out a year (which would be the standard draftee contract he'd get) and try again next year but he wouldn't risk it.

If a trade can't be done he's coming our way, simple as that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back