Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

you're forgetting about pick 10 mate.

From here best case price tag for jaeger is 2 first rounders, a 2nd rounder and Hill.
LOL no he isnt. why is this so hard for you to work out.

No, you've counted if twice!!
They traded 2017 first for pick 10 so still only giving GC one 1st. The other 1st went to Sydney and unless you trade one in you only get one a year!!

you are correct, I did count that twice.
still best case of a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder and Hill (plus Mitchell gone) isn't exactly cheap.

Especially considering it's likely going to take something like at least Hartung ontop of all that to actually get GC to do a trade.

so untill St.Kilda or North make some moves why shouldnt we be exploring the ND because as things stand he will be a hawk next year.

I agree 100% with exploring the option.

However you guys have committed to it with 4 days still remaining in the window and its just so easy to counter and you are unable to take it back.

There is talk of Hartung & Whitecross being traded to Brisbane for pick 16,19 or 21 so maybe they go to Brisbane and Pierce Hanley goes to Gold Coast along with Hawthorns pick 10.
i can see that trade happening:

Haw:
Out: pick 10, Hartung, Whitecross
In: pick 19, O'Meara.

GC:
Out: O'meara
In: Hanley, pick 10

Bris:
Out: Hanley, pick 19
In: Hartung, Whitecross

Surly brisbane dont go for that. GC must be handing over 2nd round picks also.

i can see that trade happening:

Haw:
Out: pick 10, Hartung, Whitecross
In: pick 19, O'Meara.

GC:
Out: O'meara
In: Hanley, pick 10

Bris:
Out: Hanley, pick 19
In: Hartung, Whitecross

Surly brisbane dont go for that. GC must be handing over 2nd round picks also.
Doubt Hawthorn would get pick 19.

Brisbane maybe a pick from Gold Coast.

I agree 100% with exploring the option.

However you guys have committed to it with 4 days still remaining in the window and its just so easy to counter and you are unable to take it back.
yep, might be a power struggle over the next few days. At the moment hawks have it but lets see if GC can win it back.

This thread makes it seem as though Hawks trade all of their players and all of their picks to get JOM.

I know his best is good, but not sure it is that good.
If we get O'Meara for pick 10 only our trade period will be:

Out: SMitchell, Hill, 1st pick 2017, 1st pick 2016, 2nd pick 2016
In: TMitchell, O'Meara, 4th Pick 2016, 5th Pick 2016

i can live with that, especially if we get him in the draft and we still can trade 2018 picks next year.

If we get O'Meara for pick 10 only our trade period will be:

Out: SMitchell, Hill, 1st pick 2017, 1st pick 2016, 2nd pick 2016
In: TMitchell, O'Meara, 4th Pick 2016, 5th Pick 2016

i can live with that, especially if we get him in the draft and we still can trade 2018 picks next year.
I doubt they will accept just pick 10.

Also looks like Lewis is gone too doubt we will get much for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt they will accept just pick 10.

Also looks like Lewis is gone too doubt we will get much for him.
dont think they will either but think there is a good chance he lands there in the draft.

I heard jaeger went in for another arthroscope only a week or 2 ago.
This is just the start of the dilemmas
okay im off to bed, fill me in on how it went in the morning. ta.

lol nah. we've simply put a concrete value to our 2017 first round pick. I dare say we offered that to GC but they were probably reluctant to deal with such uncertainties. So we dealt with St Kilda to eliminate that uncertainty.
Predict you guys will be dive in 2017 (and thereafter ) - Saints have chosen well - they should finish above you next year given this trade debacle...so future pick is vindicated..

Did I say anything about the truth. I just said there was an article that was contradictory to your point is all.

Oh yes, my bad, apologies. I guess some people can say it's to do with a salary squeeze, some say it has to do with giving younger players games which is what I believe, some even say it is relative to freeing up even more cap space to make another move next year. Only the club itself knows the truth

You of course meant to say:

The Hawks just paid the Saints heaps to take the bargaining power off them.

Equivalent of pick 22 isn't really heaps. That will not even get you a Jed Anderson. Although apparently it will get you 4 Sam Mitchells, but given he wouldn't get a game at any club but Hawthorn - and even they don't want him - that probably isn't that much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back