Jake Carlisle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had your own Bootsma moment?

images

Obvious mouth breather is obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a edited publication and not based in Aus comes under the US laws.
Look you probably have had lawyers look over this, and I am just bored with my thesis so I am doing anything but that.

However, in terms of where you are based I don't think that matters so much as where it is said to legally said to come into comprehensible form. Thus in Dow Jones and Company Inc v Gutnick [2002] HCA 56 the high court said :

'In defamation, the same considerations that require rejection of locating the tort by reference only to the publisher's conduct, lead to the conclusion that, ordinarily, defamation is to be located at the place where the damage to reputation occurs. Ordinarily that will be where the material which is alleged to be defamatory is available in comprehensible form assuming, of course, that the person defamed has in that place a reputation which is thereby damaged. It is only when the material is in comprehensible form that the damage to reputation is done and it is damage to reputation which is the principal focus of defamation, not any quality of the defendant's conduct. In the case of material on the World Wide Web, it is not available in comprehensible form until downloaded on to the computer of a person who has used a web browser to pull the material from the web server. It is where that person downloads the material that the damage to reputation may be done. Ordinarily then, that will be the place where the tort of defamation is committed'.

Further, I would be surprised if having no editor is a defense, and this suggests otherwise though I don't know if there is case law on it:
http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/legal-issues-for-bloggers/#headingh26

Look you probably have had lawyers look over this, and I am just bored with my thesis so I am doing anything but that.

However, in terms of where you are based I don't think that matters so much as where it is said to legally said to come into comprehensible form. Thus in Dow Jones and Company Inc v Gutnick [2002] HCA 56 the high court said :

'In defamation, the same considerations that require rejection of locating the tort by reference only to the publisher's conduct, lead to the conclusion that, ordinarily, defamation is to be located at the place where the damage to reputation occurs. Ordinarily that will be where the material which is alleged to be defamatory is available in comprehensible form assuming, of course, that the person defamed has in that place a reputation which is thereby damaged. It is only when the material is in comprehensible form that the damage to reputation is done and it is damage to reputation which is the principal focus of defamation, not any quality of the defendant's conduct. In the case of material on the World Wide Web, it is not available in comprehensible form until downloaded on to the computer of a person who has used a web browser to pull the material from the web server. It is where that person downloads the material that the damage to reputation may be done. Ordinarily then, that will be the place where the tort of defamation is committed'.

Further, I would be surprised if having no editor is a defense, and this suggests otherwise though I don't know if there is case law on it:
http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/legal-issues-for-bloggers/#headingh26

Correct.

Side note: even though Bigfooty has a "hidden" registrant you could obtain that information from the host if necessary, then the individual poster's identifying information.

I'm glad this thread has turned to Beep & agility tests, and legal disputes. We'll get more out of this than the actual subject.

Did you know there is a rumour about JC? Apparently he b........................ And then he ......................! Why would any club touch a bloke who ..............? #backontopic

So it just clicked that if there is an issue between Carlisle and a particular player it might be Crameri. Someone want to pm me so I stop speculating :$
Of course! I do remember at some point hearing of a particular disagreement between the two. I have no idea what it could have been but that was a while ago now so I would be surprised if the water hadn't flowed under the bridge.

Of course! I do remember at some point hearing of a particular disagreement between the two. I have no idea what it could have been but that was a while ago now so I would be surprised if the water hadn't flowed under the bridge.

Might be another rumour. Not the one I've heard. Try again :p

Pretty sure it relates to one of Bontempellis sisters. I used to know one through basketball at a club in the eastern suburbs, and she's a bloody stunner. That's what my guess is in this situation, reading between the lines.

Pretty sure it relates to one of Bontempellis sisters. I used to know one through basketball at a club in the eastern suburbs, and she's a bloody stunner. That's what my guess is in this situation, reading between the lines.
I bet it has something to do with Hunters mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back