James Anderson 704 wickets

Remove this Banner Ad

and he missed 80 tests along the way as well.

incredible to still play 188 tests.
Great longevity, but at the risk of raining on his parade huge test count is also inflated by how many tests England plays in a season (I guess on the other side of the coin more tests per season means more wear and tear on the body though).

Great longevity, but at the risk of raining on his parade huge test count is also inflated by how many tests England plays in a season (I guess on the other side of the coin more tests per season means more wear and tear on the body though).
Played List A cricket against Derek Randall which puts the longevity in some context.

Played List A cricket against Derek Randall which puts the longevity in some context.

Anderson played test cricket with Alec Stewart who played with Graham Gooch who played with John Edrich who played with Brian Close who played with Les Ames who played with Wilfred Rhodes who played with WG Grace who played with George Ulyett who played in the very first test match back in 1877.

Anderson played test cricket with Alec Stewart who played with Graham Gooch who played with John Edrich who played with Brian Close who played with Les Ames who played with Wilfred Rhodes who played with WG Grace who played with George Ulyett who played in the very first test match back in 1877.
Shoutout to Wilfred Rhodes longevity, Les Ames was born six years after he made his Test match debut!

Equivalent of if Tim May played alongside Pat Cummins

Shoutout to Wilfred Rhodes longevity, Les Ames was born six years after he made his Test match debut!

Equivalent of if Tim May played alongside Pat Cummins

This is the best I can do for an Australian equivalent

Jack Blackham Debut 1877 Last 1894
Syd Gregory Debut 1890 Last 1912
Charles Kelleway Debut 1910 Last 1928
Don Bradman Debut 1928 Last 1948
Neil Harvey Debut 1948 Last 1963
Bob Simpson Debut 1957 Last 1978
Graeme Wood Debut 1978 Last 1988
Steve Waugh Debut 1985 Last 2004
Ricky Ponting Debut 1995 Last 2012
Steve Smith Debut 2010 Last 2024