Recommitted James Borlase

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they are ahead of where I thought.

KP defense is an area that needs improving before the Crows can seriously contend. As your post highlights looks like an area the club knows it needs more options.
Our key defenders generally held their own last year, even late in the season when we had lost all of Murray, Butts & Doedee to injuries.

Murray really stepped up before his injury to another level to become our primary key defender... so being missing for much of the 2024 season will be a big loss.

Butts hopefully will be ready to go & was managed during this season (most subbed player) carrying niggles, so should get back to his best. More lockdown than offensive.

Worrell was a late starter in 2023 because of preseason injuries, but was a class performer once he played. Gives us the flexibility to play on talls or smaller players & really excited by what he has to offer. Why we didn't go harder to keep Doedee.

I see Keane & Burgess fighting it out for the 2nd key defender until Murray returns. Keane whilst raw because of limited preseason looks to have high upside. Burgess is a solid swingman.

Borlase imo is behind all of them. Good footy smarts, but lacks size & mobility compared to the others.

Ended up back at the Crows as expected.

One more year to prove himself.
Correct. But with Murray, Butts, Worrell, Keane, and now Curtin ahead of him, I highly doubt he stays long term. However, given he has a good year and with a general lack of good key defensive stocks around the league, I could definitely see him being picked up by another club

Correct. But with Murray, Butts, Worrell, Keane, and now Curtin ahead of him, I highly doubt he stays long term. However, given he has a good year and with a general lack of good key defensive stocks around the league, I could definitely see him being picked up by another club
I suspect the Crows may look to trade out a key defender or 2 next trade period... & I suspect Butts is most likely... but yeah, Borlase may also look for another club too as probably at the back of the queue.the

Murray & Worrell are definites when fit. Curtin likely to play from round 1, but likely progress to midfield down the track.

Then have Butts, Keane & Burgess all fighting it out.. so we will get a better idea as to who covers for injured Murray.

I suspect the Crows may look to trade out a key defender or 2 next trade period... & I suspect Butts is most likely... but yeah, Borlase may also look for another club too as probably at the back of the queue.the

Murray & Worrell are definites when fit. Curtin likely to play from round 1, but likely progress to midfield down the track.

Then have Butts, Keane & Burgess all fighting it out.. so we will get a better idea as to who covers for injured Murray.

But will Borlase get enough time to be worth anything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted James Borlase

Remove this Banner Ad

Back