James Hird, Essendon's Golden Boy - Now a confirmed Illegal Drug User.

James Hird, drug cheat?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro just mad Hird has more premierships than her manure club for the past 30+ years.

Being on top of the ladder really gets the nobodies frothing.

Hang on, Jimmy the Knife said previously that he takes "Full Responsibility" for all that had been going on during his tenure.
Yes but we now know that this scumbag is a pathological lier who would happily see the Essendon Football Club and the game and the game itself damaged before he takes one iota of responsibility.
He honestly believes in his own infallibility.

What a dick.

Caro just mad Hird has more premierships than her manure club for the past 30+ years.

Yes you've often expressed great pride at Essendon's cheating ways.

I think you, of all Bombers fans, realise that the EFC just doesn't have the character to compete without cheating.
If nothing else, I admire your honesty.

if Essendon has been found to push the limits too far in their system, Hirdy now goes down with the ship instead of standing back and looking confused/surprised

I'm not so sure about that. Sometimes I really dont know who Essendon fans love more - the Essendon FC or Hird.

I'm not so sure about that. Sometimes I really dont know who Essendon fans love more - the Essendon FC or Hird.

It's cult like. Whatever the Pies/Carlton relationship with Buckley/Judd, we're still willing to admit when they are off base. The delusion is just bizarre

Let's forget any implications outside the club

He has failed his players. At best, he has used them as guinea pigs to seek an advantage through pushing to the edge of the legal boundaries. At worst, he has endangered their health, their careers and risked their reputations in an effort to build his own.

I'm looking at a handful of texts, and seeing a guy that was far too deeply involved to be able to shrug his shoulders and act shocked at a press conference. If he is a true Essendon man, he needs to take responsibility for his actions, rather than passing the buck to others

It's cult like. Whatever the Pies/Carlton relationship with Buckley/Judd, we're still willing to admit when they are off base. The delusion is just bizarre

Let's forget any implications outside the club

He has failed his players. At best, he has used them as guinea pigs to seek an advantage through pushing to the edge of the legal boundaries. At worst, he has endangered their health, their careers and risked their reputations in an effort to build his own.

I'm looking at a handful of texts, and seeing a guy that was far too deeply involved to be able to shrug his shoulders and act shocked at a press conference. If he is a true Essendon man, he needs to take responsibility for his actions, rather than passing the buck to others

He is a true Essendon man. But that is a distant second to his being a tue James Hird man.

Hird fall on his sword? Not voluntarily I wouldn't think. Far more likely he would be expecting others to fall on theirs to protect him.

I'd expect Evans and the board to be safe from harm (Evans is mates with Vlad after all) though for the club's sake it would probably best to have a complete clean out at year's end to distance itself from the drugs scandal as much as possible. Hard to do that even with a new coach if its clear the higher up's who endorsed Hird's controversial program are still there.

It'll also be interesting to see if enough shit sticks to Bomber Thompson to force him out too. If Hird goes I suspect not, Evans will be desperate to retain Bomber to take over from big ears. Still, he's the one who brought The Weapon to the club and wasn't The Weapon the one who introduced Dank to Hird? Interesting times ahead.
There are so many potential metaphorical corpses in this that the story will play outover a couple of days.

But remember that ASADA does not usually leak information. Leaks come from the people concerned, the football club or the AFL.

No wonder he won the Bombers B&F in his last year.
No wonder my missus said at the beginning of LAST season that Jobe Watson has grown from a boy to a man.
In hindsight it was a good observation - would love to see some pictures showing the gains made.

Any chance they're now regretting the delisting of Reimers? :D

Any chance they're now regretting the delisting of Reimers? :D

Matthew+Knights+Essendon+Bombers+Training+XgLPlvCtsu0x.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James "no I am not interested in knifing Knights" Hird.
James "I didn't know anything about injections" Hird.
James "it was all Steve Dank I wasn't informed" Hird.

And Essenjection supporters still believe him. They've even got a thread declaring how much they love "Hirdy" on their board. Worth checking out for a wonderful modern example of mass denial.

It's instantly become my favourite BF thread. Word of warning though, keep the vomit bags handy.

Lay off Hirdy guys. I know when I wake up with the sniffles, the first thing I reach for is the untested pigs brain blood.

It's about $500 a pop dearer than the Panadol but well worth it.

Love how Essendon have essentially had the wool pulled over their eyes by a modern day snake oil salesman. Yet supporters seem to think that there are no issues at the club.

It could be very likely that no illegal substances were given to players but in a way that makes it even funnier imo, Danks was injecting nothing but vitamins and still ran the budget $100k over, scam much. And Essendon fell hook line and sinker for it, had a huge injury list while doing it and missed finals after looking like world beaters early. Some seriously poor practices in place by EFC and they deserve everything they get, can't believe they didn't do more research into Dank, or maybe they did and just didn't care.

I wouldn't find it so funny if illegal substances were used and players get suspended when they trusted the club, it's administrators, coaches and doctors. As they are to an extent the innocent party in all of this, even if they were a bit naive. The club hierarchy though deserve everything they get no matter the outcome purely for being dumb arses and cutting corners trying to fast track to the top.

Not after tonight when you get bashed by the purple ****s.

Free jab to the stomach for all those "feeling unwell" in the thread. You'll feel good thanks to the cows colostrum, you'll lengthen with the pigs blood, you'll strengthen with the peptides, hell you'll even get a free tan!

I just read the Hird thread on the Essendon board. Jesus Christ. Amazing read. Should be stickied here.

It's instantly become my favourite BF thread. Word of warning though, keep the vomit bags handy.
Sam Newman defends Essendon. "We love Sam Newman, he's a great guy."
Did i mention that EVERYONE in the media who's criticised them should be sued/sacked/jailed/beaten up(caro)!

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird, Essendon's Golden Boy - Now a confirmed Illegal Drug User.

Back