Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly surprised Hird is this dumb, like he could stay at GWS or go literally anywhere else to rebuild his reputation and then take the Dons job after all that. The fact that he wants it now when the team is at such a low point, after spending one year back in the game at a club that had such a bad season they sacked their head coach is baffling. There are so many ways it could go wrong.
Narcissist gonna Narcissist.

What we do know is the panel that has been put in place to help Essendon find there next senior coach won't be the ones recommending him.

If he gets the job it will be the board going over the top of them.

I saw James Hird speak at at charity lunch a few years ago. He was brutally honest about the mental state he was in following the scandal and media attention. The guy has been to hell and back.

To suggest he is a narcissist is way off the mark.

To suggest he would ‘cheat’ again is ridiculous.

He loves the club, and if the right people think he is the best candidate, the I hope he gets it and this becomes a redemption story for Hird and the Bombers (just not in a season when the Swans are in contention)

Could not embarrass themselves any more. Absolute ******* disgrace.
Do Essendon fans actually believe the “process” is not a sham?

The reluctance of other more senior coaches to put their hand up suggests they knew how these cards were going to fall when Sheeds was pulling the strings.

Not happy with Hird announcing his ambitions to coach again johnny ?
Problem is , no one really wants the job
Completely ****ed off mate. Clearly something wrong with him mentally. “ oh yeah, when do I start ?” This campaigner has simply not only NOT read the room , he’s missed the text, missed the email, missed the memo, dodged pigeon mail, you name it he’s missed it.
Arrogant toorak toff campaigner.

Honestly surprised Hird is this dumb, like he could stay at GWS or go literally anywhere else to rebuild his reputation and then take the Dons job after all that. The fact that he wants it now when the team is at such a low point, after spending one year back in the game at a club that had such a bad season they sacked their head coach is baffling. There are so many ways it could go wrong.
The thing is Hird knows his chance of coaching again are slim at any other club bar Essendon. And as it sits he has the right allies there at the moment who might not be there when the job comes up again.

The ego of Hird!

If you're going to jump back into senior coaching, apply for senior coaching roles at other clubs and go and do a decent stint somewhere else before you even think about returning to Essendon.

I think it was Cornes who said this, but if he were to return to Essendon, it really would set back the club another 20 years. I'd be furious at this news if I were a supporter of the club.

Nothing will change at Essendon unless the club stops being so insular and inward looking.

What we do know is the panel that has been put in place to help Essendon find there next senior coach won't be the ones recommending him.

If he gets the job it will be the board going over the top of them.
We all expect that to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robert Walls and Jordan Lewis trying to destroy Essendon from the inside?

Completely *ed off mate. Clearly something wrong with him mentally. “ oh yeah, when do I start ?” This campaigner has simply not only NOT read the room , he’s missed the text, missed the email, missed the memo, dodged pigeon mail, you name it he’s missed it.
Well he will have to interview through Robert Walls , so I doubt he gets the gig mate.
They couldn't possibly after 7 years of nothing's surely .
Safe bet will be Adam Yze and it will be a pretty solid choice I reckon. Need you guys up and about so we can get back to the royal pre games again and talk some waffle again

The thing is Hird knows his chance of coaching again are slim at any other club bar Essendon. And as it sits he has the right allies there at the moment who might not be there when the job comes up again.
I think hed have a decent shot coaching again if he bides his time. Like go to an up and coming club build there maybe win a premiership as an assistant and Essendon would be bashing his door down. and the narrative around it would be much kinder.

I saw James Hird speak at at charity lunch a few years ago. He was brutally honest about the mental state he was in following the scandal and media attention. The guy has been to hell and back.

To suggest he is a narcissist is way off the mark.

To suggest he would ‘cheat’ again is ridiculous.

He loves the club, and if the right people think he is the best candidate, the I hope he gets it and this becomes a redemption story for Hird and the Bombers (just not in a season when the Swans are in contention)
Did Mark Robinson or Kevin Sheedy write that for you?

Completely *ed off mate. Clearly something wrong with him mentally. “ oh yeah, when do I start ?” This campaigner has simply not only NOT read the room , he’s missed the text, missed the email, missed the memo, dodged pigeon mail, you name it he’s missed it.
Tell us what you really think lol

The media scrum behind him Jimmy are in full flight now. Robbo will spend 45 mins on it tonight on 360.

Graham Cornes released a discussion with Allan Hird on Monday where Allan claims that Jimmy and the 34 will be cleared.

From memory old man Cornes was a patient of Danks.

Just needs a bit of Bruce Francis to top it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Back