MRP / Trib. Jamison - 2 weeks & Ellard - 1 week

Remove this Banner Ad

We've done the right thing here, even though the footage shows a shoulder to shoulder bump. No way the MRP would reverse this decision, and with Richmond and Gold Coast in the first two weeks, we won't be so reliant on Jamo as we would other weeks. Does put some pressure on Bower to really stand up, but we do have enough options to partner him down back - Thornton, Austin or even Waite (although I doubt it).

Still, our midfield strength and our small forwards will still be too strong for Richmond, and we should get over Gold Coast as well.

Media should jump on decisions like this. Very soft decision.

I hope Ratts still praised the effort because this is the sort of footy I would like to see Carlton play...even if it costs the odd suspension. We need to let other teams know that they will get hit hard around the contest.

There was nothing in the play that was unsportsman-like and if you asked 99.9% of the players, they would accept that this is part of playing footy.

Where does this 'It's just Richmond' mentality come from?

They have the Coleman medalist playing for them - a forward who kicked 78(ish?) goals.

The loss of Jamison now means that we totally have to monster their midfield and shut off the supply to their forwards completley to account for this loss.

They have the Coleman medalist playing for them - a forward who kicked 78(ish?) goals.

The loss of Jamison now means that we totally have to monster their midfield and shut off the supply to their forwards completley to account for this loss.

It was always thus and is so for most if not every win.

Completely shut off the supply? A fair exaggeration.

Jamison's suspension doesn't mean we go into the match with 1 less player.

Richmond's next best forward kicked maybe a dozen goals, they scored the lowest points and had the worst percentage.

No one is rejoicing at having less than a full strength team, but if we do then yeah, be thankful that it is against 'just Richmond'.

What a BS decision and while the club "may" be doing the right thing taking the 2 weeks i would of appealed it and rolled the dice from the footage i saw on Channel 10 last night.

AFL is officially a girls game now ( like we needed confirmation!! ) and the bump is dead and all measures must be taken to avoid a bump in any way if this is the consequence of such actions.

Joke of a decision but time to move on.

The AFL with the way the game is going is slowly losing me and my passion for the game is starting to dwindle with the changes being made and bloody hell Vlad leave the game alone and let em play. :mad:

How did Jamo get 2 when Embly gets off for putting a guy in hospital for broken ribs and internal bleeding for 2 days?

The AFL hates us. :p

The only positive is that it was Jamison, not Waite who would have missed at least three weeks if he had shepherded Yarran. The game is going to the dogs. If anything, Jamison should have earnt the two weeks off by cleaning up one of GWS' witches hats two weeks ago. This sort of fair and square a bump on a teenager would serve the AFL and Sheedy right.

At least Jamison's shoulder is sound. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL hates us. :p

The only positive is that it was Jamison, not Waite who would have missed at least three weeks if he had shepherded Yarran. The game is going to the dogs. If anything, Jamison should have earnt the two weeks off by cleaning up one of GWS' witches hats two weeks ago. This sort of fair and square a bump on a teenager would serve the AFL and Sheedy right.

At least Jamison's shoulder is sound. ;)

Maybe not hate, lets say not preferred..Collingwood on the other hand...

Al about $$$

How did Jamo get 2 when Embly gets off for putting a guy in hospital for broken ribs and internal bleeding for 2 days?
And how did Shuey only get a reprimand for putting a Collingwood player in hospital with pins and needles? The MRP clearly didnt look at medical reports. I think Carlton has lost faith in the MRP and Tribunal and who could blame them.

And how did Shuey only get a reprimand for putting a Collingwood player in hospital with pins and needles? The MRP clearly didnt look at medical reports. I think Carlton has lost faith in the MRP and Tribunal and who could blame them.

So because he has pins and needles shuey should have gone??
Hope he doesnt catch a cold in hospital, shuey will be out for a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back