Janusz from Soccernet, Australian hater?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
His opinions on the Socceroos after the 3-1 over Japan and in the past seem to point to that particular point of view being a valid one. Is it an inferiority thing?

He gave Australia no credit, seemed to push the opinion that Japan were the better team and doesn't seem to rate Ausrtalia's players. (obviously because they don't play in MLS and instead play in top European leagues)

I look forward to his unbiased analysis of the Australia-Brazil game, just like his cringeworthy analysis of his beloved US team in their game against Italy.

Give me Tommy Smyth anyday. (obviously, I'd never admit that to anyone in public ;))

Just as a sidenote, has anyone caught the daily SoccerNet press pass?

What are your thoughts?

How much more of Adrian Healy can you handle?

Did the wind change on Derek Rae one day when he was smiling?

The coverage has been ok. A bit of extra and different analysis is always welcome. Although that ex-England striker they dragged up for a couple of days there was clearly on rehab. :D

Edit - I apologise if this belongs, in 'Football Australia' but it's more a discussion about the particular show than Janusz opinions on the Socceroos.

Tommy Smythe wit a woi has completely dominated Janusz in all Australian related football arguments on Press Pass. The wee leprachaun does get on my nerves when his ads are played every break during the NBA finals, but he did earn my respect when he backed the Aussies to a hilt.

I'm just glad to see Press pass shows not spending 10mins talking about Real Madrid every week.
Janusz is a fair analyst (except with Liverpool,Poland and the USA;) ),unlike Derek and Onion bag he knows about teams other than Barca and Real Madrid. (how often you hear Derek commentate on a Serie A game, or even mention it on P-Pass?)

Adrian is a better commentator than a host, but he knows his stuff.
Apparently the ESPN coverage in the USA, is horrendous ( according to some USA fans I know) Spain are the Chicago Cubs of World Football apparently.

andrewb94 said:
Apparently the ESPN coverage in the USA, is horrendous ( according to some USA fans I know) Spain are the Chicago Cubs of World Football apparently.

ESPN is unwatchable- I've taken to having the picture on with commentary from The Sun- there is a huge gap- the commentary is about 40 seconds ahead- but the people they have talking on ESPN have done no research and make the most insipid comments.

Often they are incorrect with what they say. On top of that, there have been numerous graphics used which have been incorrect.

Far too much keeping the talk basic so they don't turn off people who don't know the game. They need to give better quality and let the new people catch up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Janusz from Soccernet, Australian hater?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back