Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

I always considered this board to be one of, if not the most balanced and reasonable on this site but shit me a lot of you have sure put paid to that. The carry on and sheer bed wetting ability seems to have gone up ten fold in recent years.

If he leaves it’s because someone paid overs. If he stays then that’s good too. Either way, we have zero control over it and getting so caught up in the movement of a player who is by no means irreplaceable is just pure nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always considered this board to be one of, if not the most balanced and reasonable on this site but shit me a lot of you have sure put paid to that. The carry on and sheer bed wetting ability seems to have gone up ten fold in recent years.

If he leaves it’s because someone paid overs. If he stays then that’s good too. Either way, we have zero control over it and getting so caught up in the movement of a player who is by no means irreplaceable is just pure nonsense.

What are you talking about? Do you know something... you do don’t you and you’re not telling us... he’s leaving isn’t he, tell us, tell us now... I don’t care anyway, don’t want to over pay him with the foot problem and that.... but we have to get a first rounder at least. North Melbourne won’t give us a first rounder, stuff them he’s going into the draft... good riddens Polec.

We won't send him to the draft.

NM are the only Club offering the amount of money and length of contract, the other clubs are a fair way off that from what I'm hearing. We won't match the offer and therefore have to trade with who Polec picks. That's how the AFL wants this type of scenario to run, and it will.

We will not stand in his way, we will get what we can but at the end of the day it will only be what NM can offer - within reason.

He'll nominate NM, we will trade with them and get what we can.

Then - judging by some posters on here - we'll have a couple of mid teen picks (after priority picks are given - and they will be) and somehow some club with a pick under 5 will happily change that for two in the teens and somehow not have their fans burn down their Admin Headquarters after the swap to help us out.

The delusions are grand.

This is fundamentally wrong. It’s got nothing to do with matching an offer. He’s not a free agent. We can drive a hard bargain here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just like the game day thread...
We also have zero control over the game but that doesn't stop the comments a coming..

Just like the media during a game... they also have zero control over the game but that doesn't stop Channel 2 7 9 10 SBS footy show , the Australian the Herald Sun , 5aaa MMM etc etc and another 50 scribes writing about footy and getting caught up in the game..

Oh all the fans around the country who attend the games passionately wearing their teams colours also have zero control on the game and sure get caught up in the game...

Having zero control on Polecs choice means to not talk about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is fundamentally wrong. It’s got nothing to do with matching an offer. He’s not a free agent. We can drive a hard bargain here.

As I said a few pages back .. Port have the upper hand on any dealings, if he does not sign up again with Port.
Remember some twit at Port who wanted to "Nick" ;) off to Collingwood, and ended up at Carlton.

Yeah I’m sick of a Norf posters and Elbows and some of our own acting like he’s a RFA
It's not been helped by Nat Edwards and Nick Bowen on Footy Feed on afl.com.au talking about both he and Gaff(who is an RFA) in the same breath and especially with Nick Bowen saying "getting $1m in the first season and Port can't match that and won't look to do so...". It's that talk about matching a salary that makes it sound like free agency. The article should be started pointing out that it is a trade as the first one or two sentences are the ones that set the content in any news story.

When I read Durdin's name, I always read it as Durden. I'm not sure in this day and age we need this type at the club.

latest
Maybe as an assistant coach to keep supporters happy

I'm aware of that but it still doesn't change a thing, we'll only get what NM can offer and that won't be anything more than pick 9-13ish plus possibly steak knives. If Polec leaves it will be for a longer, better paying contract and only NM are offering that. The other Victorian Clubs are only there as enquirers and we won't dictate where he goes. He will nominate a Club and we'll trade with that Club, there won't be any bidding war going on for his services. He won't be threatened with entering the draft.

They'll offer probably a 2nd rounder and player which rightfully we'll say no to. Eventually we'll get their first and another 'depth' type and that will be that.

I don't think for one second there will be a single club that would be willing to trade a top 5 pick for two mid-late first rounders this year and I don't believe that having 2 mid-late first rounders guarantee you anything at all apart from new shiny things that may or may not be good in another 2-3 years.

To me it also suggests the Club doesn't think it's any real chance for any short term success and have started an unannounced rebuild. Fine if so, but then why did we reappoint a guy whose best was a prelim in '14 and has since underachieved despite grabbing recruits nearly at will and having everything a senior coach could want and more.

If we bomb out again this year - and I think we will - then it would have been 4 years since any meaningful go at something worthwhile and given the talent and resources at hand that's an abject failure IMO.

Losing Polec will make our poor midfield even weaker, much weaker. We have little run or penetration from any of our defenders, apart from cameo's from Robbie Gray nobody gets through traffic or can carry like Polec can and here we are letting someone entering his prime leave without anyone that can cover the loss.

That's crazy list management and like I mentioned earlier says more about what the club thinks is possible than just Polec leaving.

He's entering his prime and is the only mid we have that looks capable of being able to have any sort of positive impact against other quality midfields on a regular basis. Despite being on a restricted training program you can't fault his fitness or work ethic, he's running as hard as anyone we have as the game nears completion, nobody can do what he does, nobody.

We spent good money on Rockliff, Watts and Motlop yet can't find extra cash for somebody that's actually vital to our side? And being in the position of being the only player capable of doing what he does gives him currency to want and expect more. Too much money? - probably, but I'm going to hate to see how impotent we look around the ball next year.

I think it's a bad decision based around once again looking for short term fan hope (yay, 2 first rounders) than actual what's best for building a good side.

And also, Polec isn't the first and won't be the last that we have or will overpay to have play for us, if he decides to stay.

As I said a few pages back .. Port have the upper hand on any dealings, if he does not sign up again with Port.
Remember some twit at Port who wanted to "Nick" ;) off to Collingwood, and ended up at Carlton.

Yes.. I also remember the person who left in a huff to a team with better "finals hopes" who made the grand final the year after he retires. :p

I'm aware of that but it still doesn't change a thing, we'll only get what NM can offer and that won't be anything more than pick 9-13ish plus possibly steak knives. If Polec leaves it will be for a longer, better paying contract and only NM are offering that. The other Victorian Clubs are only there as enquirers and we won't dictate where he goes. He will nominate a Club and we'll trade with that Club, there won't be any bidding war going on for his services. He won't be threatened with entering the draft.

They'll offer probably a 2nd rounder and player which rightfully we'll say no to. Eventually we'll get their first and another 'depth' type and that will be that.

I don't think for one second there will be a single club that would be willing to trade a top 5 pick for two mid-late first rounders this year and I don't believe that having 2 mid-late first rounders guarantee you anything at all apart from new shiny things that may or may not be good in another 2-3 years.

To me it also suggests the Club doesn't think it's any real chance for any short term success and have started an unannounced rebuild. Fine if so, but then why did we reappoint a guy whose best was a prelim in '14 and has since underachieved despite grabbing recruits nearly at will and having everything a senior coach could want and more.

If we bomb out again this year - and I think we will - then it would have been 4 years since any meaningful go at something worthwhile and given the talent and resources at hand that's an abject failure IMO.

Losing Polec will make our poor midfield even weaker, much weaker. We have little run or penetration from any of our defenders, apart from cameo's from Robbie Gray nobody gets through traffic or can carry like Polec can and here we are letting someone entering his prime leave without anyone that can cover the loss.

That's crazy list management and like I mentioned earlier says more about what the club thinks is possible than just Polec leaving.

He's entering his prime and is the only mid we have that looks capable of being able to have any sort of positive impact against other quality midfields on a regular basis. Despite being on a restricted training program you can't fault his fitness or work ethic, he's running as hard as anyone we have as the game nears completion, nobody can do what he does, nobody.

We spent good money on Rockliff, Watts and Motlop yet can't find extra cash for somebody that's actually vital to our side? And being in the position of being the only player capable of doing what he does gives him currency to want and expect more. Too much money? - probably, but I'm going to hate to see how impotent we look around the ball next year.

I think it's a bad decision based around once again looking for short term fan hope (yay, 2 first rounders) than actual what's best for building a good side.

And also, Polec isn't the first and won't be the last that we have or will overpay to have play for us, if he decides to stay.
Not being rude but are you for real?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back