Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

By all reports he is gone.

Put a line through next year, can not afford to lose our only fast outside genuine mid with elite disposal. Our problem is ball use take Polec out and out entire midfield is are inside mids with questionable disposal.

Pruess is too close in age to sam Hayes. If pruess comes cheap sure. Probably a straight swap for atley. Otherwise just get a stop gap until Hayes is ready.

Also, if pruess was a sure thing ready to go ruck north would be playing him or promising him the ruck next season but they’re playing a cooked Goldstein instead. At the moment pruess is just potential.

Pruess would be an ideal replacement for Frampton and someone who could actually come in when Ryder gets injured, but I think Lycett is our main target... get both and we really have a nice ruck list as Sam gets up to speed.

As for the trade, I reckon Polec + Atley + our 3rd rounder for Pick 8/9 + Pruess and their 4th rounder would be about right.

IMHO our priority is a mature ruckman not a wingman as good as Polec is and Lycett is that person and should be offered that 4-5 year deal...
I disagree, he is more than just a wingman. He is an outside mid who had improved his inside game. But most importantly, he has become our only line-breaking player, and without him our ball movement is treacle!!!

If he goes, he goes! But the club must give it's best shot to try and keep him!

Wouldn't know what our cap situation is at the moment. But getting Rocky and Motlop in on what will be very large salaries due to the compo doesn't seem like it was a good idea. The list managers must have been aware we were going to need some kind of nest egg to put together an offer to hold onto Polec. The Roos have a pretty poor record on getting big ticket players but if they do succeed this time then I don't agree with this talk of a trade involving a swap of picks. Their first and a player must be the minimum. They want him, they'll pay for him.

Rockliff or Polec, hmmm .......

Chalk another one for our superstar 2018 football department.

Incredible list management - sackable IMO

One guy is the only skilled mid that can run and hurt the opposition, the other guy can't run at all and moves like a 40yr old with the strength of a 10 yr old.

Excellent work Port

But hell we'll replace Polec with Bonner because everything that makes Bonner such a dud will disappear if we play him on the wing!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't know what our cap situation is at the moment. But getting Rocky and Motlop in on what will be very large salaries due to the compo doesn't seem like it was a good idea. The list managers must have been aware we were going to need some kind of nest egg to put together an offer to hold onto Polec. The Roos have a pretty poor record on getting big ticket players but if they do succeed this time then I don't agree with this talk of a trade involving a swap of picks. Their first and a player must be the minimum. They want him, they'll pay for him.
We have the 4th most spare cap space available.

So Polec wants 5 yrs not 4? (can see with his history why you'd not want 5) - Then again he offers something our club cant afford to lose no?

We did just sign a coach up for three years when for all intensive purposes he's achieved nothing.

Whos out of contract to free up space in the cap? Sam Gray? that would save a cupla hundred bucks?

So Polec wants 5 yrs not 4? (can see with his history why you'd not want 5) - Then again he offers something our club cant afford to lose no?

We did just sign a coach up for three years when for all intensive purposes he's achieved nothing.

Whos out of contract to free up space in the cap? Sam Gray? that would save a cupla hundred bucks?
Problem with Polly is he sometimes needs a rocket or a carrot to play to his potential.
Why do you think he is playing so well right now?
What would a long contract do to his level of play?
Are Port worried about another Lobbe situation with no room to move?
The players really have it over the clubs these days. The power is with them.
I recently heard CD say they can’t overpay a player as it messes with our pay structure.

Problem with Polly is he sometimes needs a rocket or a carrot to play to his potential.
I recently heard CD say they can’t overpay a player as it messes with our pay structure.

Patmore looks quick and Barry, Bonner... there are probably alternatives to change the way we play, might be a good thing in hindsight.

This is my concern.

With little incentive Polec goes into his shell.

Yeh, didnt he admit himself he plays better in a contract year? Sure I saw that on here somewhere. Ollie's form was elite for the 2 weeks prior to his new deal and then dropped in a hole. What would happen if Polec got a 5 year deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back