Club Legend
Sep 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
49ers, Dodgers
How is this guy progressing?

He was an early draft pick and has been a peripheral player for a couple of years...do you Swans supporters rate him? Will he be a gun midfielder?

dascman03 said:
How is this guy progressing?

He was an early draft pick and has been a peripheral player for a couple of years...do you Swans supporters rate him? Will he be a gun midfielder?

Has had limited game time to get a real decent opinion on him. But from what i've seen, looks ok although i dont think he'll develop into anything more than maybe an 'off-the-bench' type player.

Ed_Gein said:
Has had limited game time to get a real decent opinion on him. But from what i've seen, looks ok although i dont think he'll develop into anything more than maybe an 'off-the-bench' type player.

I can see him being a Ben Mathews type...just with less hair...

Jarred McVeigh.....the next Nic Fosdike.

these two players are of a very similar mould unfortuneatly they are more depth midfileders then anything spectacular although they are both able to show the occasional dash of brilliance to remind everyone that they are still there.

thommoone said:
Jarred McVeigh.....the next Nic Fosdike.

these two players are of a very similar mould unfortuneatly they are more depth midfileders then anything spectacular although they are both able to show the occasional dash of brilliance to remind everyone that they are still there.

Fozzie was great in the GF. His best may be yet to come. Not sure yet about Jarrad though. This year will be crucial for him.

Great fitness and plenty of skills in the pockets. But, he just doesnt get the ball enough. Needs to be at the right places at the right time.

Sid said:
Great fitness and plenty of skills in the pockets. But, he just doesnt get the ball enough. Needs to be at the right places at the right time.

Spending two 2/3s of the match sitting on the bench and the other 1/3 in a forward pocket probably doesn't help much.

McVeigh will be a very good player for us. He, Malceski and Moore will ensure that there is plenty of pressure to perform in the midfield next year.

Yeah ur right charlie. It just seems like he never gets the ball, but can be trusted when he does have it. Definitely hope to see more of him.

Sid said:
Yeah ur right charlie. It just seems like he never gets the ball, but can be trusted when he does have it. Definitely hope to see more of him.

I've thought the complete opposite. Seems to get enough of the ball when he's on the ground - Just not confident with disposal.

I don't think he should have been played on the full forward line. He has great indurence and pace, we play about fourteen midfielders during the game, McVeigh should be one of them.

McVeigh, in my opinion is over rated.
He has great endurance but has shown little in the way of Footy smarts. That said, hope he proves me wrong next year :p

CAn get the ball but needs to make his use of the ball more damaging. Has missed a few shots on goal that good players nail. Could develop but needs a few more years IMHO. Potential trade bait.

i will keep my mouth shut and just wait, i have learnt from the past this is the best way :)

best of luck to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to step up this year. I reckon there must be more than athleticism that gets you picked in the top 10 of the draft. Should maybe get a few run with roles next year, even if it's just to have him on the field for a little longer.

gonsky for mcveigh. no good having all that endurance and "potential" if it doesn't get him a starting position. will have to be traded if doesn't significantly improved.

i thought buchanan was a little milker (wanganeen is 1000x worse) but he's going alrite. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back