Past Jarrad Waite 2002-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Home Waite

Jarrad Waite was the most sort after Carlton player when the team arrived in Benalla for the two-day Community Camp today.

It was a special welcome home for Jarrad who played his junior football in Benalla and it was fitting the official reception to welcome the Carlton team to the area was held in the Art Gallery Centre, directly opposite the Benalla Football Ground where Jarrad played his junior football.

“I just joked with the boys when the bus pulled up that that’s the ground where a kicked a few goals,” Waite said at the official reception attended by the Major, councilors, local football officials and identities, together with a number of school children from the area.

Welcome Home Waite

Finals win or bust for Carlton, says Waite

"We know if we do everything right and play our best type of football, we'll go a long way this year. It's just about playing that consistent footy that we want to play.

"I would assume that we've got a few more players that can play that defensive role now so I'm looking forward to spending the majority of time up forward," Waite said.

"It's my second year off a reco so I'm expecting a fair bit out of myself. I'm really hoping to lead the forward line."

Finals win or bust for Carlton, says Waite

Jarrad Waite tells teammate Matthew Kreuzer not to rush back from injury

Waite returned to the Blues' line-up in the Round 7 match against St Kilda, kicking four goals. But two suspensions - both costing him two weeks - interrupted his continuity.

"I was happy with part of my year, but not with other parts, especially the reports," he said. "I let the team and myself down.

"I think it directly correlated from me being frustrated in games (as he was trying to regain touch). I was doing stuff I would never usually do. I am determined to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Waite's form in the second half of the season improved, as he began to spend more time in attack.

"The intensity has lifted a fair bit and the boys have embraced it," Waite said.

"We've had some new coaches come into the club and we've enjoyed the mix in training and the increase in physicality (that Ratten has sought).

"We are obviously focused on making the finals again this year, but we want to win a final, and hopefully go all the way. We are trying to get stronger, fitter and faster so we can keep up with Collingwood, St Kilda and Geelong."

Jarrad Waite tells teammate Matthew Kreuzer not to rush back from injury

He is looking really good this preseason and looks set to vastly improve his output from last year and become that really dangerous forward target that we can rely on. With added support from Hendo I think he is really going to thrive this season.

A night to forget in the round one game against Richmond. Hardly any influence on the game before being ruled out for the rest of the match with concussion. Could also get some attention from MRP for an attempted low section rear kick to the groin of Luke McGuane, very minimal impact and hopefully will be fine to play next week against the Toolies.

4 disposals
1 kick
3 handballs
0 goals
1 behind
1 tackle

Short on time

Waite became the first player subbed in an official AFL game when he was withdrawn from the contest after a collision with Tigers defender Alex Rance.

Ratten said Waite was likely to be fit for Carlton's round two clash with Gold Coast at the Gabba.

"He's not too bad," the coach said, before adding he had not seen the collision between Waite and Rance.

Short on time

Frustrated Waite likely to face review for lashing out

CARLTON'S forward Jarrad Waite may be in trouble with the AFL's match review panel again.

Waite's back-kick which made contact with his opponent Luke McGuane early in Thursday night's Richmond-Carlton season-opener is virtually certain to be reviewed by the panel.

The Carlton forward has been on notice after copping a two-match suspension with carry-over points in May last year and then being reported - but cleared - soon afterward. The carry-over points will be the big concern for him this week.

Frustrated Waite likely to face review for lashing out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite had just an ok game against poor opposition in round two against Gold Coast, had a lot of trouble fumbling the ball but hopefully he bounces back and has a strong game against Collingwood next week.

Kicks: 9
Handballs: 13
Disposals: 22
Marks: 3
Goals: 2
Behinds: 2
Goal Assists: 2
Tackles: 2
Contested posessions: 12(equal second highest in team)

He played on Bock who is a pretty good player and IMO Waite got the honors quite easily. Just needed to hold those marks so he could have some more set shots at goal instead of winning the ball at ground level (he did this well) and handballing it off.

Flashed in and out of the round three game against the filth. Took some very good marks but partly thanks to high pressure way the magpies play we couldn't get the ball to him in the right area often enough.

Kicks: 8
Handballs: 4
Disposals: 12
Marks: 8
Goals: 2
Tackles: 4
Contested possessions: 8
Contested marks: 5
Goal Assists: 1
Dream team: 78

Solid game in round four against Essendon playing at CHF. Took some strong marks again. I understand it's probably where he plays better but I don't think we have a good enough option to cover him at FF and I would prefer he was kicking goals down there. One of a few things not right with our forward structure at the moment IMO.

Disposals: 17
Kicks: 13
Handballs: 4
Goals: 1
Tackles: 3
Contested Marks: 4
Contested Possessions: 9

Was on One Week At A Time tonight. Said his back kick to Rance was one of the lowest points of his career and that he was given a strict talking to about his value to the team and how he wouldn have let them down if he gets rubbed out. Sounded very genuine and regretful about the incident.

I've always maintained the fact that Jarrad Waite + Full Season - Stupidness = AA.

showed better signs but walks a fine line mike tyson style

Pfft, the Guts can take Iron Mike easy if they fough outside of Queensbury rules. If Waite can kick an opposition player in the nuts during a marking contest and be awarded a free kick, then anything can happen :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back