Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 5, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
This kid can play, has been averaging low to mid 30's in the vfl, and kicking goals, he is an in an under mid, which is what we need, is he a chance for the w.e? will go close wo winning the best and fairest in the vfl, which would be a great effort for a first year player, has a huge upside, will have to be elevated to the main list at seasons end, can u give me some more insight as to what sort of player he is? i can see him being in our best 18 in years to come.

Re: Jarrod Blair

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head with your assessment. He's a ball magnet in the VFL, got a very good kick and is hard at it.

If he was a few inches taller he'd be strongly talked about but I think people are conerned about his lack of height.

he is 170cm!
would get monstered in the AFL
Will never play AFL footy
Yes he will, have you seen him play?

Has a VERY strong body, he maybe short, but he is a very strong build, and also skips around people like they're nothing.

A bit early to write him off yet.

he is 170cm!
Pretty sure, people said the same thing about Robi Nahas and Brent Harvey, he will play AFL, he is hard at it and has good use of the ball, wouldnt want to debut him in finals but next year he will be a player.

He is the most exciting thing about this club I think. I love the way he plays.

Plus height for a midfielder is overrated.

He is the most exciting thing about this club I think. I love the way he plays.

Plus height for a midfielder is overrated.
Hello, we are playing in a final this w.e, how can that not excite you, we have a young team, capable of anything over the next 3-4 years that has to excite u

These days its about winning contested footy.

He can do it and he can hit a target. Rather have him in than O'Bree.

he will be obe's replacement in the future, i'm excited about that

by the way article today talked about him as an inclusion this weekend, trying to cover pendles. TAKE THAT VINNIE :p:thumbsu: and also its not unlike MM to debut kids in a massive game..

Jarrad Blair will play AFL football, but not this season.

He is small, and that is a very big disadvantage, but he has shown that he can overcome it at junior level and at VFL level, and he will get the chance at senior level.

As far as this year goes, he is still probably behind the likes of Wellingham, Barham, Stanley, and Cook for a run in the seniors, but I expect him to get time in next year's NAB Cup and then probably the real action later in the year (if his form is consistent as this year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pace is good, he has no drawbacks other than his height but even that may actually be a positive for an in and under clearance player at the bottom of packs

He's wee, but he's willing. He can burrow between pack legs, dig out the ball and be away before anyone even sees him. And then he can actually score from all angles.:thumbsu:

I havent seen a lot of him, got to see a little last weekend on the abc.

Sounds like a perfect fit for us , i dont care about height. If he can get the clearances and has a decent kick and find the ball, then who cares how tall he is. No use having a 190cm midfielder who cant find it as opposed to a 170cm one who can.

Be good to have a ready made replacement for the likes of Obree and someone to help out pendles in the clearances. Seems we go to water when pendles isnt in our side

he is 170cm!
Was listed at 172cm last year in the TAC Cup, and has been listed at 174cm in the VFL this year.

Same height or taller than:

David Rodan
Brent Harvey
Matt Campbell
Ben McGlynn
Eddie Betts
Alwyn Davey
Jake King
Jared Crouch
David Wirrpanda

In the last 10 years, Shane Crawford, Jason Akermanis and Ben Cousins have all won Brownlows at under 180cm.

And look, he may be a couple of centimetres shorter than Shannon Byrnes, but Shannon Byrnes is crap, and if you can make it when you're both short and crap, then Blair's got to be a chance, because he's just short.

No use having a 190cm midfielder who cant find it as opposed to a 170cm one who can.
It will be quite a site to behold watching him line up in the centre square next to Pendles though :p

Seen enough to suggest he will be a more than adequate player at senior level. Height should not be a problem, ask Peter Bell or Libba etc. I have a feeling if we don't promote him now or over summer we may regret it, he maybe that good. His game last week was great and i think other teams will be sniffing around to add him to their list.
Big disappointment if he ends up elsewhere.

Hello, we are playing in a final this w.e, how can that not excite you, we have a young team, capable of anything over the next 3-4 years that has to excite u

We are going to lose - read the papers.

But in all honesty, Collingwood haven't needed a player in a long time like they need him. We have so many absolutely brilliant outside players - Leon, Didak, Pendles, Thomas. We need Jarryd Blair, and Swan and other hard bodied midfielders and we will be well on the way to having an absolutely elite midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back