Toast Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been my avatar for weeks!

Over on Nick's I've had him as my avatar since September 2009. Nah nah nana nah. :p

From the moment that he burst thru a pack, breaking at least 3 tackles and then spearing a pass, lace out, onto the tit of one of our forwards in the Pies 2009 pre-season intra-club scratch match (that 43 degree day at Gosch's Paddock) he's been a favorite of mine.

I sort of got sick of a few posters on Nick's and BF stating that he wouldn't make it, too small, too slow.....Here's egg on ya faces!!!

picture.php

Double Toast.:thumbsu:

very good game by the little man. a lot of people were calling him a smaller version of Ball, but to me he seems like a mini-swanny. A a similar sort of waddle and hip shimmy when he gets it. Couple of turnovers where he kicked it straight to the opposition were a little weird, but his first goal was a beauty. not much opposition, but you couldn't ask for much more from him regardless.. and how bout the specky? start shining up the rising star nomination, it's his.

Cygnet?

I was a doubter as too how much his size would restrict him at AFL level and am convinced now. The strength he has through the core well and truely help him compensate for his lack of size.

In the way that one had blistering pace and the other doesn't?
He reminds me of Francis too even though he doesn't have the blistering pace. He moves a lot like him though and has a similar style. I can see it.

Hopefully he doesn't decide to kick a player during a game any time soon, unless we're speaking purely metaphorically and he's going to 'kick some ass' ;)
It's ok, we aren't making any trips to WA for the rest of this year (where the Francis incident occurred).:eek::p

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back