Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

The rumour is that Gold Coast can't afford to re-sign BOTH of them. I'm sure they've both been offered new contracts, but we will see if Gold Coast can secure BOTH signatures.

You're right that North don't NEED to do anything this year, but if the situation is as bad as we are lead to believe, then they risk him walking out at the end of next year and North getting nothing. Imagine passing on 3x 1st rounders for a player and then getting 0x 1st rounders for the same player two years later - it would be the worst recruiting disaster in AFL history!

Would the Crows like JHF, sure, but the world won't end if we don't get him - there are other fish in the sea. We don't anything to lose by making an offer, but North have EVERYTHING to loss by not accepting a reasonable offer.
Wow - now the Crows are going to walk him to the PSD and get him for free. You have really jumped the shark early.

Where did I say that? I thought offering 3x 1st rounders last year for an untried kid was crazy. I'm glad it didn't go through.

He has born here and his parents live here - it's not exactly an outrageous assumption.

Where did I say the Crows are appealing to anybody from another club.

Never said they were.

Nope. I know my club sucks ATM. Bring on the AFLW.

Look in the mirror.
The deal wasn't 3 1st rounders for pick 1. Not sure why you keep posting incorrect information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we did raid Sydney last year for Dawson..and they are a rung up from North and GC :)
I got impression that most Crows fans don't want Rankine and Lukosius. Anyway, it looks like Suns will re-sign them both soon. I certainly want both to stay with Suns. Rankine played some exciting footy the last 5 weeks.

I got impression that most Crows fans don't want Rankine and Lukosius. Anyway, it looks like Suns will re-sign them both soon. I certainly want both to stay with Suns. Rankine played some exciting footy the last 5 weeks.

Think anyone would love a talent like Rankine at their club, regardless of his inconsistentcy

Crows do need more elite young talent in their club, don't think most would knock back either tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back