Delisted Jaxon Prior (2019-2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough decision, but probably the right one. Hope he gets a chance at another club.

Also note “The club has also advised mid-season draftee Darcy Craven and defender Darragh Joyce of its intention to re-select them through the rookie draft for the 2025 season.”

Tough decision, but probably the right one. Hope he gets a chance at another club.

Also note “The club has also advised mid-season draftee Darcy Craven and defender Darragh Joyce of its intention to re-select them through the rookie draft for the 2025 season.”

Actually thought he was better suited playing as a tall defender by the end.

He had one great game as a wing in 2021/22 against the Hawks in Tassie and basically never came close to that level ever again.
I really thought that that game was his "breakout" game and for whatever reasons, including limited opportunities and continuity in the Firsts, that was not to be. I hope he gets picked up and goes on to have a good career like Mitch Hinge and Ben Keays.

we should've delisted Joyce and kept prior and see how it went Joyce has had opportunities and has not fulfilled the dream the lions have for him even though he has had okay games with the reintroduction of kiddy and dodee he will be playing vfl mostly maybe an emergency

I'd say Joyce is probably closer to the best 23 than Prior

We probably want to play 2 of Andrews, Payne, Gardiner and Joyce

With a 3rd spot to be taken by Gardiner, Lester, Doedee or potentially Prior playing tall.

Then te 4 remaining spots filled by Starcevich, Answerth, Zorko, Kiddy, Wilmot, McKenna, Beecken or Prior

So he's basically bottom of the pecking order for defensive depth IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted Jaxon Prior (2019-2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back