Jealousy or Fear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its funny you say that......During the 70s and 80s Hawthorn had one of the biggest periods of sustained success in the history of the game. This ended in 1991. Yet, just 7-8 years later the AFL is trying to involve you in a merger with Melbourne. Enter the new millenium, Hawthorn virtually sell their soul, selling home games to Tasmania all for the mighty dollar. Now most of their supporters get to see them 3 less times a year. People troll Adelaide by calling them the Camry Crows, it is every bit as feasible to call Hawthorn the Tasmania Hawks.

Geelong did not win a premiership in 44 years, yet have survived on their own. Our Melbourne/Geelong members get to see them play every home game in Victoria.

Hawthorn supporters can watch the Tassie games live on TV, as for you, how many games do you see live from Batemans Bay?

I don't hate Geelong, they would be one of my favourate teams other than Hawthorn. It was great to watch them play this year, very exciting to watch. I just hope they play the same way next year.

Be honest Cat fans - How many of you have been loyal to your club over the years?
With some of the crap crowds at Kardinia Park, etc l couldn't imagine there would be many.

How many of you big mouths have the guts to admit that you jumped on the Geelong bandwagon half way through this season?
Come on, tell the truth, as l know plenty of pussie fans that came out of the woodwork!!!

Have a look at the crowds at your finals.

Final v Adelaide you were expected to lose 36 000, about half Crows supporters.

Final v Kangas you were expected to win 75 000, about 25-30000 Kangas supporters.

Talk about getting on the bandwagon. Where were you all in week one of the finals? From week to week you only turn up when you think you'll win. Easily the most fickle fans in the competition.

Be honest Cat fans - How many of you have been loyal to your club over the years?
With some of the crap crowds at Kardinia Park, etc l couldn't imagine there would be many.

How many of you big mouths have the guts to admit that you jumped on the Geelong bandwagon half way through this season?
Come on, tell the truth, as l know plenty of pussie fans that came out of the woodwork!!!
At least we are not the laughing stock of the AFl and have to get them to help you out of financial trouble. Our fans are loyal unlike Hawks

I for one am glad the Cats took the cup this year. It was a great effort from a highly skilled outfit and totally deserved.

I'm looking forward to seeing some great games Hawks v Cats in the coming years and hopefully we'll see a 20 year GF reunion in 2009!

I just wish the trolling and name calling would stop. Looks like the off-season this year is going to be a long one.

Bring on 2008!

I for one am glad the Cats took the cup this year. It was a great effort from a highly skilled outfit and totally deserved.

I'm looking forward to seeing some great games Hawks v Cats in the coming years and hopefully we'll see a 20 year GF reunion in 2009!

I just wish the trolling and name calling would stop. Looks like the off-season this year is going to be a long one.

Bring on 2008!

Mate, don't get me wrong - if I was a Hawks supporter I'd turn up to just about every game. They're an enjoyable team to watch play, and I saw them several times this year, including their two finals and the big game against Carlton (which turned out to be a bit of a dud game).

I'm glad our game next year is at the MCG rather than in Tassie. It's a loooooong way off though.

I'm right with you about this being a long off season. God it feels like forever already.

All I know is that Hawthorn FEAR Geelong!

How do you like them apples:D

Been on the bandwagon since 1965.

Patience repaid in spades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jealousy or Fear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back