Jed Adcock and Brisbane Lions Part Ways

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah ok so zorko will probably still say, still doesnt excue how we treated adcock i mean WHAT THE **** seriously.

i hope adcock wins a flag, he ****ing deserves it. i wonder how much lepptisch has to do with adcock leaving? if alot he needs to go, he has gone insane

I would have thought our approach would have been more along the lines of - please stay Jed we need you around the club but if you did get an attractive offer at another club we would understand.

Maybe he read this as we don't want you any more and told us to get stuffed.

Who knows but this is definitely not what any of us wanted to see. Hope their is some clarification tomorrow!

yeah ok so zorko will probably still say, still doesnt excue how we treated adcock i mean WHAT THE **** seriously.

i hope adcock wins a flag, he ******* deserves it. i wonder how much lepptisch has to do with adcock leaving? if alot he needs to go, he has gone insane
Calm down. Even Hysteria25 didn't get hysterical.

I think it is a good move myself. He would be highly paid relative to others on the list but his output simply doesn't justify it.

Then why not give him the option of a reduced contract first? Dumb move.

Devastated to be honest. Has been my favourite player since he played his first game. Thought he would be around for a couple more years to be honest. Will be hard to watch him run around in another clubs jumper and I don't think I will be able to watch him play against the Lions. Thanks for your long years of service Jed! It is a shame you were not able to get some success at the club. You will always be remembered as a Lion legend!

Clubs f**ked. Why would you get rid of a loyal player who bleeds for this club and stuck with us through the tough times?

Specially with Leuenberger and that flog Aish leaving. Why get rid of Adcock. He's 29 and has at least another 3 seasons to go. I would take that compared to how many kids that left the club in less then 2 seasons.

Calm down. Even Hysteria25 didn't get hysterical.
yeah sorry but we need experience, we need leadership and we are screaming out for it...

again, ill stand by my words and i know im getting hysterical and ranting at the moment but if leppa had disrespectively pushed adcock out, he needs to go.

and can we make this thread lions supporters only?

Surprised people are shocked by this. Adcock has been average for two years now, there are plenty of players who are close to taking his spot and we simply said "you're not guaranteed a spot". I doubt they made this decision recently since he's been played out of position was almost the whole year and I have no doubt Adcock will find another club.

Clubs f**ked. Why would you get rid of a loyal player who bleeds for this club and stuck with us through the tough times?

Specially with Leuenberger and that flog Aish leaving. Why get rid of Adcock. He's 29 and has at least another 3 seasons to go. I would take that compared to how many kids that left the club in less then 2 seasons.
absolutely, can you imagine if we ****ed rockliff off when hes 29? ****ing dumb decision sack leppitsch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Redden and Zorko are questioning their future at the club too

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brisbane-lions-part-ways-with-jed-adcock-20150820-gj44ck.html

Strange to see the club captain go out like this.

People forget how how VC & Premiership great Power went out. No real surprise really. He was only ever really a gap fill captain in my eyes. More relevant is that he has been a great servant of the club and has knocked back many chances to move back south

Surprised people are shocked by this. Adcock has been average for two years now, there are plenty of players who are close to taking his spot and we simply said "you're not guaranteed a spot". I doubt they made this decision recently since he's been played out of position was almost the whole year and I have no doubt Adcock will find another club.

Nobody is guaranteed a spot. At any club Jed wouldn't be guaranteed a spot. Obviously more to it than that.

Jed has had a very ordinary season, particularly given his experience in a team of cubs. He has shown glimpses of what we have loved about him but no where near enough overt leadership. To be honest, he looked gutted when he lost the captaincy and maybe his attitude has impacted on the group. We are on a journey that is difficult enough without a disenchanted former captain on the list. There is always more to these things than meets the eye and I can only assume that there are good reasons for this split. This is not to detract in any way from a great servant of the club but sometimes the rebuilding of culture requires a change of personnel - particularly if they are perceived as not buying in to a renewal agenda.

Always been an Adcock fan, quality bloke. Even if he wasn't guaranteed a game next season, surely as an ex-captain he deserves an opportunity to prove himseld not to mention if he wasn't playing regular firsts he is still a clubman and the sort of person you want around your club. We did the same thing with a lot of our stars like Sav Rocca, Mick McGuane, Peter Daicos etc. It guts the supporter base for very little gain. The last thing you want is to see ex captains and club champions playing for other clubs.

Most importantly though, Adcock is a Victorian who actually stuck around Brisbane even though they were rubbish for the majority of his career. Not only does delisting him demonstrate a lack of loyalty, but for them to make such a ruthless decision in the midst of suffering a player retention crisis is appalling management. And people wonder why players don't want to stick around at Brisbane :(

Last edited:
People forget how how VC & Premiership great Power went out. No real surprise really. He was only ever really a gap fill captain in my eyes. More relevant is that he has been a great servant of the club and has knocked back many chances to move back south

And this is what happens to great servants?

Poor guy

Adcock is very underrated

The club is citing "taking a youth approach" as the reason. I am sorry but look at what happened to the Demons when they got rid of a bloke like James McDonald in favour of youth. A young, struggling club should be desperate for long term, loyal servants who are willing to bleed for the club. As a former captain Jed Adcock definitely fits this criteria and imo the club has made a poor decision. His form has dropped off a little bit but he still adds a hell of a lot of guidance and leadership and he is a great role model for the young guys both on and off the field.

Sad to see you go Jedda:(

And this is what happens to great servants?

Poor guy

Adcock is very underrated

Yeah great servant makes it sound bad. But lets not beat around the bush...he has been pretty average for quite a while. I dont want to come across too negative about him, but as a football decision it is pretty sound in my eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Jed Adcock and Brisbane Lions Part Ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back