Speculation Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

Midweek tackle last night reported he’s happy at the dogs but the club needs to start playing him. Whatever that means. But the happy part is important.

Do we go off this reporting or the stock standard “everyone wants to come to the eagles” post from GoEaglesGoSgio?

Its a tough one…
Or the "no player could possibly want to leave Victoria" line.

Midweek tackle last night reported he’s happy at the dogs but the club needs to start playing him. Whatever that means. But the happy part is important.

Do we go off this reporting or the stock standard “everyone wants to come to the eagles” post from GoEaglesGoSgio?

Its a tough one…
It's a tough one I guess.

He might be happy, but if he's not playing he won't be forever.
Don't think you can just play him because he's out of contract though.

This one will interesting be as the year plays out.

Just ignore SGIO.

It's a tough one I guess.

He might be happy, but if he's not playing he won't be forever.
Don't think you can just play him because he's out of contract though.

This one will interesting be as the year plays out.

Just ignore SGIO.

If his form warrants selection and is overlooked time and time again, I don’t think we can begrudge him for going.

Not all WA players want to go home. Bulldogs have a good retention of WA players.

Vic is better anyway. I'd rather be here.
Just came back from the gold coast and lots of victorians want to be there.
i was in melbourne the week before and was relieved to have some decent warm weather on the gold coast.
also nice and sunny mornings in Perth at the moment.If you like cold and dreary weather i suppose melbourne is the place to be.

It is starting to get to this point now. Not a lot more he can do.

From the outside, Bevo does seem to play chook lotto with selections, so this does seem odd hence the speculation.

I don’t think that’s a fair asssessment. Hes had a few good weeks at VFL level most recently that’s put his hand up.
Before then, I don’t think anyone who has followed our vfl can sit there and say he’s been stiff or that’s he’s demanded senior selection. I honestly think this is the first time we can sit back and say he was stiff.

I don’t think that’s a fair asssessment. Hes had a few good weeks at VFL level most recently that’s put his hand up.
Before then, I don’t think anyone who has followed our vfl can sit there and say he’s been stiff or that’s he’s demanded senior selection. I honestly think this is the first time we can sit back and say he was stiff.
Yeah, TBF I was only looking at his stats for the year as a body of work and haven't seem the games live.
Looking at the stats alone, it looks a lot more than a few weeks but I know they can be deceiving.

I saw on here a few months ago North were interested, then Cal Twomey mentioned them being interested on one of his podcasts a few weeks back.

He wont be at the dogs, especially if Barrass comes in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts are its an attempt to keep Bont happy in his prime.

I like it for the dogs. Chips in whilst you have the leagues best player.

Cant muck around and waste his prime years.
Yeah exactly, if they dont chase a player like Barrass now, theyll waste the last few years of Bonts career in no mans land.

I’m not buying the Barrass news, unless the eagles want to push him out.
If Barass was going he would be gone now. He would have joined Sydney where he had family as well as a better chance at team success. If he has turned that down, he aint coming to Melbourne. He is having a kid and in general has no reason to want to leave so doubt he does

I cant see North wanting him. Think that was more a suggestion then a rumour also

Just came back from the gold coast and lots of victorians want to be there.
i was in melbourne the week before and was relieved to have some decent warm weather on the gold coast.
also nice and sunny mornings in Perth at the moment.If you like cold and dreary weather i suppose melbourne is the place to be.

I went to Perth a few months ago and the night life was near non existent. Melbourne has it covered in that department, but you're spot on about the weather.

I think TB will be on the move.

Dogs better placed than Pies for a trade imo with Buss and Smith pick incoming.

Swans could still be a chance.

What makes you think TB will be on the move
Word was he was keen last year before getting cold feet.

Can’t remember too many times a player on a long term deal name coming up year after year without smoke.

Also think the Eagles wouldn’t be dead against it as he has value. If they can hook a few of their own fish

Word was he was keen last year before getting cold feet.

Can’t remember too many times a player on a long term deal name coming up year after year without smoke.

Also think the Eagles wouldn’t be dead against it as he has value. If they can hook a few of their own fish
I think the Eagles would be dead set against it unless they get an offer too good to refuse.

I think the Eagles would be dead set against it unless they get an offer too good to refuse.
Always going to say that publicly and it will be overs due to his current 3 year deal. Which is why I say they would be keen on it and why the Pies wouldn’t be a chance but Bullies would be right into it (if Smith moves on and Buss wants to go to the Eagles)

Always going to say that publicly and it will be overs due to his current 3 year deal. Which is why I say they would be keen on it and why the Pies wouldn’t be a chance but Bullies would be right into it (if Smith moves on and Buss wants to go to the Eagles)
So what would you expect for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back