Speculation Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

Steven May was three years younger, was a better player and captained his club (as Barrass is). It took him and a steak knives to get pick six.

Why would an inferior player, three years older, be worth just four picks less, let alone tacking on a first round key position defender, albeit untried? I’d be happy to give pick ten for Barrass, but he’s not worth that and Busslinger.
He’s a premiership fullback under contract for another 3 years and we’d contribute to his salary. Top 6-10 pick and a pick in the low 20s or two picks 10-15 otherwise very happy to keep him and wish you the best of luck getting a KPD even remotely close to as good as he is to win a flag with prime Bont.

Could be a lot of reasons. Did Suns need salary cap relief? One was considered a super draft? Also Pick 6 is better than 10*.

Power paid a 2nd round pick (which is probably around Buss value) to move up 2 spots in the draft to get Sinn?
It’s probably the last good example though? Do you have another?
He’s a premiership fullback under contract for another 3 years and we’d contribute to his salary. Top 6-10 pick and a pick in the low 20s or two picks 10-15 otherwise very happy to keep him and wish you the best of luck getting a KPD even remotely close to as good as he is to win a flag with prime Bont.
No worries. I’m happy to hear some examples of 1x All Australian 29 year olds being traded for two first round picks.

Steven May was three years younger, was a better player and captained his club (as Barrass is). It took him and a steak knives to get pick six.

Why would an inferior player, three years older, be worth just four picks less, let alone tacking on a first round key position defender, albeit untried? I’d be happy to give pick ten for Barrass, but he’s not worth that and Busslinger.
That was 5 years ago and there's always different variables like depth, needs and ladder position.

Bottom line is, Barrass is under contract so we would want overs.
An elite KPD would allow you to have a real crack at top 4.

The longer Busslinger doesn't get a game really devalues his worth.

Like you said, we all have our biases.

FWIW, I want to keep him.

If that’s the asking price of two picks in the 10-15 range I would be very happy when my club walks away. Tom Barrass is a good player but he is worth that price

That was 5 years ago and there's always different variables like depth, needs and ladder position.

Bottom line is, Barrass is under contract so we would want overs.
An elite KPD would allow you to have a real crack at top 4.

The longer Busslinger doesn't get a game really devalues his worth.

Like you said, we all have our biases.

FWIW, I want to keep him.
I think Barrass will stay he had the chance last year to leave and join Sydney

Tom Barrass 11th year in the AFL - 145 games

Not going to get better as he gets over 30

2 x 1st rounder
good luck

If that’s the asking price of two picks in the 10-15 range I would be very happy when my club walks away. Tom Barrass is a good player but he is worth that price
Hes only worth that to a club that's desperate for a KPD that could bring them to the next level to try for a premiership, considering that he's contracted naturally.

If you got him for smith + buss and you won a premiership in 2025 i dont think too many supporters would be upset about it tbh

Tom Barrass 11th year in the AFL - 145 games

Not going to get better as he gets over 30

2 x 1st rounder
good luck
You said someones contract defines their value in another thread

If Barass is on 800k already at Eagles, he is going to need more then 1 mill to leave in all reality

If he is offered 1.2ish mill a year then in your eyes he is worth 2 x 1st rounders... cos its based on contract value remember

You said someones contract defines their value in another thread

If Barass is on 800k already at Eagles, he is going to need more then 1 mill to leave in all reality

If he is offered 1.2ish mill a year then in your eyes he is worth 2 x 1st rounders... cos its based on contract value remember
LOL Yeah doesnt matter how old they are. Or do you just conveniently leave what you dont like out of things

I don't think he's worth 2 picks but somewhere around 10 and Buss isn't outrageous.

Again, I don't want him to go.
A lot of Dogs fans saying Buss is worth a 1R so it’s essentially the same value depending on your perspective. I think the fact that TB is contracted until the end of 2027 is being undervalued, it’s not like he’s out of contract and requesting a trade.

A lot of Dogs fans saying Buss is worth a 1R so it’s essentially the same value depending on your perspective. I think the fact that TB is contracted until the end of 2027 is being undervalued, it’s not like he’s out of contract and requesting a trade.
You're not getting a first rounder for someone who hasn't played a game in 1.5 years, regardless of his injury in season 1.
Regardless of how much promise they show.

The Bulldogs either don't rate him or he's just not good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm interested to see how it plays out. Think WC needs a pick around 20 given his draft was still so recent, he was pick 13 and he seems to be being kept out of the 1st side because of him leaving, not on performance. On paper that seems easy enough but then what is the plan going after Baker so strongly? Buss would be prioritised over Baker surely.

I'm interested to see how it plays out. Think WC needs a pick around 20 given his draft was still so recent, he was pick 13 and he seems to be being kept out of the 1st side because of him leaving, not on performance. On paper that seems easy enough but then what is the plan going after Baker so strongly? Buss would be prioritised over Baker surely.
I'm not sure that's the reason he isn't being played TBH.

They know Lobb wants to go and they still play him.

Lobb playing back isn’t too good for Jedd.

Lobb won’t be there next year - he’ll have an extra year on stupid money lined up somewhere and will go where he gets paid.

Busslinger would be looking at where he fits in next year and beyond.

Likely spots at both clubs - but the bloke hasn’t played a game yet, he’s likely keen on contract length too.

You're not getting a first rounder for someone who hasn't played a game in 1.5 years, regardless of his injury in season 1.
Regardless of how much promise they show.

The Bulldogs either don't rate him or he's just not good enough.
He's highly rated. He's a KPD so with abilities that are sought after who is still learning after no preseason in his first year and spending most of his first season recovering from surgery. He's very close to being selected but Bevo doesn't like to debut kids until they're ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back