Jefferey Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

that is the problem with a lot of small aboriginal midfielder/forwards they only have flashes, wells, davey, rioli, betts all these players have flashes of brilliance but cannot do it on a regular basis.

Please do NOT draw an analogy that aboriginal = flashy/ inconsistent. Its a little offensive. A blokes race/ nationality/ background has no bearing on his position on a football field or his talent at playing the game.

Small midfielders/forwards are always flashy 'burst' type players. Their role is to crumb at the feet of your 'power' forwards or rove packs and (often under pressure) snap goals. Matty Lappin played this role at the start of his career with Carlton, and performed admirably, before being shifted further and further up the ground, before ending up down back in the latter part of his career.

Delete the word aboriginal from your post, and place the role of the small forward in context, and you may be more on the money.

Please do NOT draw an analogy that aboriginal = flashy/ inconsistent. Its a little offensive. A blokes race/ nationality/ background has no bearing on his position on a football field or his talent at playing the game.

Small midfielders/forwards are always flashy 'burst' type players. Their role is to crumb at the feet of your 'power' forwards or rove packs and (often under pressure) snap goals. Matty Lappin played this role at the start of his career with Carlton, and performed admirably, before being shifted further and further up the ground, before ending up down back in the latter part of his career.

Delete the word aboriginal from your post, and place the role of the small forward in context, and you may be more on the money.

Haven't read all the threads on Garlett but have a feeling he will be very consistent. The way he goes about his footy is very composed. Also in the 3/4 time huddle the look on his face as he listened to Ratten was a great sign. He had a rock solid and fully attentive stare that seemed full of humility, respect and gratification for his opportunity.

Once again showed on Sunday he is a freakish player. I loved his chasing pressure in our forward line. And he has great vision and very good composure. He would have to play in the the first round against the Tigers wouldn't he?.

Haven't read all the threads on Garlett but have a feeling he will be very consistent. The way he goes about his footy is very composed. Also in the 3/4 time huddle the look on his face as he listened to Ratten was a great sign. He had a rock solid and fully attentive stare that seemed full of humility, respect and gratification for his opportunity.

Top acknowledgement. :thumbsu: Find I'm using the field glasses more and more, great to see the huddle when Ratts is baking the cake as he did at quarter time yesterday - and rightly so.

i apologise that didnt come out right.:(

i apologise that didnt come out right.:(

Hear what you are saying. It's a grey area and your post was in no way racist. I have trouble not generalising the indigenous boys' style of play as well. :)

Hear what you are saying. It's a grey area and your post was in no way racist. I have trouble not generalising the indigenous boys' style of play as well. :)

thanks because when you think of the fast small dashing forward you think the daveys riolis etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jefferey Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back