Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's unable to play 100% could the club keep him on in some sort of coaching position goal kicking maybe?

When I heard he was out for the season, my initial thought was I hope his Mrs is OK and they're not just covering why he needs to be away from the game.

If he's unable to play 100% could the club keep him on in some sort of coaching position goal kicking maybe?

Is there a road map that he could be placed on a long term unavailable list (like an injury list) that he remains on the playing roster but is listed as unavailable due to “personal reasons” his wage would be excluded from the salary cap and we could draft a player to replace that roster position. If in 18 mths time he were able to return to playing we would need to have the list vacancy to accommodate his return..
I guess he could be delisted where there is an agreement that should he want to return to playing he would prioritise Port - he can choose who to sign for..

I haven't thought he was all that bad when playing, obviously not at his best, but still managed to pop up with a few crafty snaps on goal out of nowhere.

Anyway gives him the chance to make the most of time with his Missus and kid.

Seize those moments.

For most players it's the other way around, the footy career is the one that is about taking the opportunity while it's there as its relatively shorter timeframe compared to the life balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a list clogger, and it’s a very harsh thing to say, but that’s what he is. He’s attitude is poor; this season he’s made no real impact whatsoever, and he’s utterly lazy; why we’ve re-signed him makes no sense when the likes of Scully is tearing up the SANFL and still hasn't been re-signed.

Edit: I only like one thing about re-signing jezza and that’s on compassion grounds. Hope Kellie gets better. ️

Last edited:
He's a list clogger, and it’s a very harsh thing to say, but that’s what he is. He’s attitude is poor; this season he’s made no real impact whatsoever, and he’s utterly lazy; why we’ve re-signed him makes no sense when the likes of Scully is tearing up the SANFL and still hasn't been re-signed.

38 goals last year to be our leading goalkicker. Ridiculous call.

He's also one of the few players who came out of contract this year.

To fit in all of the players we have been linked to this offseason I thought he would be one that needed to go.

Indicates to me that Lukosious is probably off the table

He may well come out of his current journey a much more resilient man and therefore a better footballer.

In the mean time he is a solid back up for Marshall/Georgie and deserves a year on compassionate grounds if nothing else.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back