Remove this Banner Ad

Hammerfire

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2004
SE Suburbs
Other Teams
Richmond
Just noticed that footydraft.com have him going really low, and that he was calder cannons b&f this year.

I remember last year we took Hartigan at pick 70, who was calder's b&f and look how he turned out.

Worth a late punt??

Definitely - genuine 'In & Under' midfielder and genuine footballer (Coughlan like) - the only thing that may hold him back at AFL level is his pace but has the physique and is a very smart user of the ball

I'd be rapt if the Tiges took a punt with late 4th or 5th round pick :)

Lewis is a great kick which lifts him above the pack of slow inside midfielders, he is slow though. Lewis is a bit more like Ben Johnson at Collingwood. The kind of guy that you tweak the game plan for, in an attempt to get the ball into his hands as much as possable.

JD Smith is slow, lacks stamina to play out a game, and his kicking is so-so. His entire game is clearances at stoppages, bit like Sam Mitchell.

Guys like this (think Daniel Harris, Sam Mitchell) don't play much before they are 20 because it takes a lot of work to get up to AFL fitness and to learn all the around the ball strategies.

One thing you should add though Weaver is that Lewis is well built, a bit like a Ricciouto ,and he has an agressive streak.He won't take a backward step.He cleaned up Deluca a beaut in the U/18 champs.I'll be wrapped if we grab him at #16.

J.D Smith isn't too bad,in fact theres a few from Calder(May,Iccobucci, and Betts.) that if they fall through the draft I hope they end up playing for Coburg.We can look at them again next year like we're doing with Carusso.

Played with jesse a couple of years ago, he is tough and hard at it, something we have lacked since Tony Free, his skills are better than some of the posts on here give him credit for, and loves a biff, if u have seen him lately he is missing his 2 front teeth.
Someone with a bit of grunt.

definately worth a punt.

therupy27 said:
Played with jesse a couple of years ago, he is tough and hard at it, something we have lacked since Tony Free, his skills are better than some of the posts on here give him credit for, and loves a biff, if u have seen him lately he is missing his 2 front teeth.
Someone with a bit of grunt.

definately worth a punt.

lol, do ya know how he lost his teeth? :eek:

We have 52,65 and 72 toward the end.

I reckon we will pass on 65 and 72 and save them for the PSD, but i think they'll be better players availabie than J D Smith at 52.

If he doesn't get drafted, as Evo said we can give him a go at Coburg and see how he does, or rookie him.

Re: Caruzzo evo, i think the rookie list beckons for him from what i've heard.

This Jesse Smith is pretty good, Wouldnt mind picking him up, in one of the games I saw in the GF for the thingo, he played better than the other Jesse Smith thats going to the Kangaroos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caster said:
This Jesse Smith is pretty good, Wouldnt mind picking him up, in one of the games I saw in the GF for the thingo, he played better than the other Jesse Smith thats going to the Kangaroos.

As a player, the Jesse W Smith is a lot better than J D Smith, although J W Smith is a bit overrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse D Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back