Jesse Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball at 30 and Smith at 62 would be a good draft in the circumstances. It's a year off from drafting kids but we have some talent to bring through and we wouldn't start until pick 30 anyway. If one of Ball or Smith were able to get near their best it would be a better draft result than we'd be likely to achieve with youth. Both could end up wahsed up in 2 years though. The way I see it is it is a punt that could land a flag but probably won't push one further away if it doesn't come off.

Use pie fan's think use can get jessie smith but use got know chance. he's a north melbourne boy and alway's bee or maybe not but he would never want to go to the pis because there the most hated team in afl. And beside why would use want if use got jolly and still want to get more man but use will never get jessie smith. Not at the pies.:thumbsdown::eek:

You should probably read his comments before shooting off your mouths, he in no way denigrated the club at all.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lp-me-jess-smith/story-e6frf9jf-1225786062715

You'd be better served reading the article published 2 days before the one you linked: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...rne-with-a-swipe/story-e6frf9jf-1225785346672

The article you outlined is nothing but damage control in preparation for the upcoming drafts.

Talented, but not the type of guy we want around the club.

You'd be better served reading the article published 2 days before the one you linked: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...rne-with-a-swipe/story-e6frf9jf-1225785346672

The article you outlined is nothing but damage control in preparation for the upcoming drafts.

Talented, but not the type of guy we want around the club.

Agreed. If that story about the text message to Donald McDonald is true, then I do not want him. And even if it is not true, why did he have to leave with a ridiculous, and illogical parting shot at the club that persisted with him for so many years? Why couldn't he have done what everyone else does, and just say he was looking for a fresh start or something?

Ball at 30 and Smith at 62 would be a good draft in the circumstances. It's a year off from drafting kids but we have some talent to bring through and we wouldn't start until pick 30 anyway. If one of Ball or Smith were able to get near their best it would be a better draft result than we'd be likely to achieve with youth. Both could end up wahsed up in 2 years though. The way I see it is it is a punt that could land a flag but probably won't push one further away if it doesn't come off.

Interesting thought perhaps Nathan Brown at 78.

That would be Brown, Ball & Smith added to the list. All risks in their own right and picks ranking the risk accordingly. If you get 1 or 2 of these to pay off based on their proven abilities (its their bodies that are the worry) it may not be a bad result.

I thought we had that pick earmarked for redrafting Thoolen. :eek:
I shouldn't even joke about that really.

BTW Sampler, must be nearly anniversary time for you, hope you've been saving!!
Yeah, anniversary was 10/10, but it was a low-key affair this year as we were distracted by the arrival of #1 son. :) Looking forward to getting him to some games next year. :D

Yeah, anniversary was 10/10, but it was a low-key affair this year as we were distracted by the arrival of #1 son. :) Looking forward to getting him to some games next year. :D
congrats in the arrival of the prince of samples:thumbsu::)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back