Toast Jetta's presence

Remove this Banner Ad

Tommy08

Club Legend
Apr 22, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Essendon
What has stuck out for me this year is Leroy's physicality and presence. Countless times this year he has put in 2, 3 and 4 great efforts in a row. He may not have had big numbers at times this year but he has layed some big tackles when needed and has done a lot of one percenters. I've been wrapped with his season to date and hope he keeps it up.

He has been a jet so far this year. :thumbsu:

Davey looks to have found his mojo too which is good, our small forwards are certainly in form.

He started like this last year and fell away.

I agree that he has been good but I'd like to see a full year of this...

First time in his career (since his first season) he looks really dangerous and the opposition are paying him the respect he deserves.

Can see him backing himself in to beat players. Great to see.

Reckon the Jetta Davey combo is great for pressure and pace. Fwd line looks much more balanced.

Just need to get our talls playing in position and we will be right. Really shows the importance of Hurley.

There was a point in yesterday's match where it was Jetta against 3 Collingwood players and it ended up being a break even result. Have been impressed with his efforts in contests he is involved with. He did start off very well last year, so hopefully he can maintain it this year.

My favourite moment from Jetta this year was against Carlton in either the 1st or 3rd quarter (I think 1st) where the ball was about 55m out, ball was in front of Jetta looking like going out with Yarran on his tail, and Jetta just pick it up, did a 90degree turn and burnt Yarran off in a couple of steps. Extremely exciting.

Needs to get the ball more. Uses it well, but is somewhat wasted just putting on forward pressure.

With Hurley and Winderlich/McVeigh back in the side he will be released a bit more - and it will be AWESOME.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree very strongly with the OP, so I was quite dumbfounded hearing Matthew Lloyd's assessment of him on Wednesday evening on 3AW. Lloyd rated him a 3/10 performance (from memory)

I agree very strongly with the OP, so I was quite dumbfounded hearing Matthew Lloyd's assessment of him on Wednesday evening on 3AW. Lloyd rated him a 3/10 performance (from memory)

I'd agree with that.

For a forward to play most of the game and not have any scoring types was pretty underwheling. Sure he layed 7 tackles, but I would have expeted something from him as a (more) senior player in the front half.

You can't play well everyweek, just hope he returns to form against the Lions.

You can't play well everyweek, just hope he returns to form against the Lions.

Not sure if serious HFF?

I was at the game on the wing, and Jetta seemed to work tirelessly around the HF region. The delivery of the pill into the forward line was shocking from our end all match, and contests were often 2 v 1 due to Coll's loose man. Couldn't have done much better considering all variables.

I mainly agree with HFF's assessment.

Thought that Jetta was exceptional against the GC - Note that he spent more time in the midfield.

Was solid against Carlton and Collingwood - very good in a defensive sense - His games looked good considering he only got 13 and 11 possessions.

What impressed me in those two games was his repeat efforts - He and Zaka were the two obvious players who were full of running in the second half against Collingwood.

Think now is the time for him to be a midfielder - This also allows Dell'Olio to see if he can make the small forward role his own.

11 touches - who gives a poop!!! He was good, he was dangerous, he was working hard & putting pressure on.

The bloke is leading our goal assists, he's 2nd in our goalkicking, 5th for tackles, 6th for inside 50s, and up there in our 1%ers.

ie When he gets it, he's dangerous.
And when he doesn't get it, he's working hard defensively.
I would've thought both were pretty important.

Like, oh, I dunno, what's a good example here - OUR ENTIRE FRIGGEN LIST, he's down on his handballs, but I, for one, could not give a shit.
Doing a great job.

Typical really. Our 3 big forwards manage 3 shots between them, and we're potting a bloke for not kicking a winning score off the wing.

11 touches - who gives a poop!!! He was good, he was dangerous, he was working hard & putting pressure on.

The bloke is leading our goal assists, he's 2nd in our goalkicking, 5th for tackles, 6th for inside 50s, and up there in our 1%ers.

ie When he gets it, he's dangerous.
And when he doesn't get it, he's working hard defensively.
I would've thought both were pretty important.

Like, oh, I dunno, what's a good example here - OUR ENTIRE FRIGGEN LIST, he's down on his handballs, but I, for one, could not give a shit.
Doing a great job.

Typical really. Our 3 big forwards manage 3 shots between them, and we're potting a bloke for not kicking a winning score off the wing.

I agree that he has been preety good this year, no qualms here. Just didn't really rate his game against collingwood. I agree with most that he looked dangerous when he got it, but he just didnt get enough of it..

That's all, definitely agree that he has improved out of sight this year, probably helps by still being out on the park in round 6 :thumbsu:

Looks like everyone is going to rate his game no matter what, needs to get the ball more, was average against Collingwood and Carlton, not terrible not amazing, his previous 2 games were great but needs to get more of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jetta's presence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back