Jewish Rugby League Competition in Sydney, 1924 to 1927.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not trying to make a AFL thing V NRL but there is a jewish (primarily) footy club in Melbourne called AJAX, which has a junior club and a few sides in the strong amatuers comp.

fabulousphil said:
Not trying to make a AFL thing V NRL but there is a jewish (primarily) footy club in Melbourne called AJAX, which has a junior club and a few sides in the strong amatuers comp.

Who would win in AFL or NRL between Aus and the jews if they covered the goal lines in 2 dollar coins? :D

Is there a moderator here? We better watch what we say with the above post?

North Caulfield Soccer Club observe Orthodox Jewish custom by not playing on the Sabbath. They are the only club in their league that plays home games on a different day.

That post of mine was a joke ;)

Just like the grand canyon 1.

Tell me, how did you get into the Jets considering they were well gone before you would've had the chance to see them?

I always loved the Newtown jersey, heaps better looking than the Bulldogs blue and white, i had a jumper years ago, but it was for a child around 4 years old, wish i kept it, i'd put it in a frame.

1 of my fav memories is Parra v Newtown in the 81 GF, looking back at it now, it's a pity newtown didn't win, they might've been around still.

ParraEelsNRL said:
Who would win in AFL or NRL between Aus and the jews if they covered the goal lines in 2 dollar coins? :D

It might be funny with your mates at the pub who know you, but hundreds of people who dont know you read this and some will definetly take offence, even though i am sure you really dont mean offence.

I am of Italian descent and its OK for me to tell Italian jokes such as ..."the Italians ..we came we saw and we concreted", but unless you are with people you know dont tell jokes that may bcause offence. :)

fabulousphil said:
It might be funny with your mates at the pub who know you, but hundreds of people who dont know you read this and some will definetly take offence, even though i am sure you really dont mean offence.

I am of Italian descent and its OK for me to tell Italian jokes such as ..."the Italians ..we came we saw and we concreted", but unless you are with people you know dont tell jokes that may bcause offence. :)

Yeah i know what you mean, but life is going pretty bad when you can't lay a joke on.

Being in RL, if i was upset everytime i went to a pommy site, i'd have killed myself years ago. ;)

I know all about Germany, i know that the jews weren't the 1st to be put in camps like the media portray's, but at the same time, i know how they suffered, if we want to go on like this we can( not you fab phil, in general), we can blame the Romans for taking over the Greeks, then we can blame the Greeks for taking over the Medo-Persians, then we can blame the Medo Persians for taking over the Babylonians, then we can blame the Babylonians for taking over the Assyrians, then Assyrians for taking over the Egyptians.

When will it end?

ParraEelsNRL said:
i've studied the bible for 23 yrs, i'm not ignorant, i said a joke hahahaha, if you want bible debate, ok, you should've said so.I'll be in it.

BTW how do you know i'm not jewish?

I reckon you turned Jewish just for the jokes. :)

Anyway back to the topic at hand, why didn't they keep playing rugby league?

fabulousphil said:
Who cares? Start a thread in the AFL section then.

ParraEelsNRL said:
Tell me, how did you get into the Jets considering they were well gone before you would've had the chance to see them?

I live in Stanmore. I started going to watch their games of a Saturday afternoon and was hooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jewish Rugby League Competition in Sydney, 1924 to 1927.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back