Jill Meagher Thread Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the best I'd read here, particularly last night when things we happening fairly fast.

Nothing was posted that I haven't seen elsewhere all over the internet - the alleged perpertrator's name, photo and a couple of media articles that didn't paint a pretty picture.

Probably for cleaning.

I am certainly concerned about the witness report of multiple vehicles arriving at the suspects house early in the morning.
It can't be that.

I posted a link to a freely available media article.

It's still up.

Must be the pics and related articles that have since been pulled from the relevant websites.

Maybe too many allusions to past convictions of the perpetrator.

I don't really know why that would warrant removal though - that stuff can be found all over the internet right now.

A couple of the links to newpaper articles about the accused have been removed also. Just doing a check and making sure we aren't breaching any laws.

I reckon its one of the better threads we've had on GD, so we will certainly get it back up.

MISSING THE THREAD.
Folks I am not a footy fan, I was one of those who in the first few hours of Jill's disappearance blamed the husband, probably because a husband killing a spouse would have been the "safe for me" result. Seeking news on the story, a few days ago I stumbled on your page and have been glued to it ever since.

Then as the posts kept rolling in and the husband was no longer the suspect, the terrible fear of a crazed killer somewhere in the streets of Melbourne took hold. I then feared for not only Jill but for the crazed man's next victim.

Then thanks to the world of multi-media the posts on this page spoke of a break in the case, a possible suspect, then an arrest. How I hoped that Jill was still alive, a prisoner, but still alive. But alas, that was not the case. The posts kept rolling in and finally, and very sadly a body was found. Thank you to this forum for your constructive, informative, and ultimately saddening posts. Jill Meagher may you rest in peace.

idiots posting things which could compromise the prosecution's case if they become known to the general public - we get it online Sherlock Holmes' wannabe's, the accused has a history, but it is not helping to splash anything regarding his past on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can't be that.

I posted a link to a freely available media article.

It's still up.

Must be the pics and related articles that have since been pulled from the relevant websites.
Sorry my two comments were not related.

Cleaning would be why the thread has disappeared.

The second comment was topical discussion.

Yes, the thread has disappeared for cleaning. Posting prejudicial information about a trial (details of past convictions and so forth) potentially leaves the individual who posted it open to fines and gaol time for sub judice contempt.

The thread will be reopened presently with stricter guidelines.

idiots posting things which could compromise the prosecution's case if they become known to the general public - we get it online Sherlock Holmes' wannabe's, the accused has a history, but it is not helping to splash anything regarding his past on BF.
The people who posted it at the time had no idea. It was freely available public information.

Please avoid the impulse to moralize and lecture based on hindsight, thanks.

Yes. We've had advice from legals, and there are certain things we need to edit. Once that is complete, the thread will be back in action. No one has done anything wrong, this is just such a fast moving case with all sorts of potential ramifications re social media and the course of natural justice.

Fear not, we will be back soon. And we will provide some guidelines as the lawyers have given us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back