Jimmy in Finland

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Danish Cats Flag

One of them has a VFL guernsey on... I want it! :mad:
Oh and good to see a little Chappy and a little Harley holding up the cup. ;)

LOL! Copenhagen's little Mermaid wearing a Geelong Guernsey!
The challenge has been set Copernicus, can you find a jumper large enough to fit Miss Freedom?

And is that a mini H, bottom left?
Jesus, he does look like Hank!

PS: Good to see Geelong getting on the Neo-Nazi bandwagon!

Jesus, he does look like Hank!

PS: Good to see Geelong getting on the Neo-Nazi bandwagon!
Yes, the Farum Chapter of the DNSB...or perhaps recruited from a local monastery? I held my tongue (hand?) in case they were supporting a team-mate on chemo. A Mad Monday Mad Moment/pre-match bet came a distant fourth.

Boys do NOT belong in skinny jeans!!!
Yeah but like... From the waist up he's hot. :p

There's also a young Selwood bottom right and in the middle of the first row it's Charlie Gardiner's brother (nice nose, mate!) ;)

Yes, the Farum Chapter of the DNSB...or perhaps recruited from a local monastery? I held my tongue (hand?) in case they were supporting a team-mate on chemo. A Mad Monday Mad Moment/pre-match bet came a distant fourth.
You and your crazy ideas of decency.

Re: Brownlow Bartel to Denmark

5pn7v5.jpg
1e9oxt.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Brownlow Bartel to Denmark

Bartel kicking goals in Finland

BROWNLOW MEDALLIST Jimmy Bartel has continued his winning ways ... in Finland.
As part of a tour of Scandinavia to promote Australian football, Bartel showed the form that garnered him the game’s highest honour.
The Cats midfielder pulled on the boots for the Halikko Juggernaughts, helping them register their first victory against the Helsinki Heatseekers at Finnair Stadium in Helsinki.

Playing in two-degree weather, reports claim Bartel took the best mark of his career - leaping on top of a ruckman’s head to take a spectacular grab. He also kicked a great goal from the pocket.
Finland AFL president Israel Barker said Bartel’s visit will be long remembered.

“He is a 100 per cent worthy of the Brownlow Medal. I still cannot understand how he broke tackles so easily and kicked a goal from the pocket,” he said.

Bartel later attended a reception dinner where he presented trophies and addressed the assembled Finnish footy fans. The Finland AFL returned the favour, presenting him with the No.8 Finland team jumper (pictured).
The Finland AFL has been operating for more than three years and has 40 members. The Finland Icebreakers will be travelling to Melbourne for the third International Cup competition in August 2008.

Bartel is now making his way to Denmark where he will be reunited with his girlfriend before travelling to Sweden and Spain.

Anyone know how to get pics of that mark???

The man (and club) is all class!
what a great story, so awesome how australian footballers can still be humble and go play a game of footy anywhere!
good that hes mixing football with pleasure on his trip, going to see his girlfriend that he mentioned during the brownlow.
Thats cool that he got Finlands number 8 too:):thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy in Finland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back