"Jobe Watson never cheated" - Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Dank used TB4 sourced by others it isn't all that surprising that a trafficking charge wasn't carried

Do you think Dank was making his own supplements ? Everything was sourced from others - Your argument has no factual basis.

Watson used AOD9604 a banned drug and admitted as such did he not?

You are still trying to twist facts - AOD was not on the WADA banned list in 2012 - At least not in the eyes of ASADA Try again.

IIRC, WADA withdrew their appeal because of legal reasons.

Because Dank is appealing the AFL's ADT decisions to find him guilty (on some of the charges) then WADA cannot appeal the non guilty decisions until all avenues of the AFL ADT process are exhausted.

We are still waiting for the Dank appeal if it ever goes ahead - It's been 20 months since the decision of the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal - I guarantee you whatever the decision of Dank's appeal, WADA wont reactivate the appeal.

Oh.

So we're still waiting for the truth to come out? Good place etc.etc.

FWIW, I'd love for the truth to come out. But at this stage, I think it already pretty much has and what we're seeing in terms of player bans etc. are the result.

I mean, I'd love to hear a good reason why the 'truth' hasn't come out already. If it means the players are exonerated, surely someone can blow the whistle by now?

And why is Chip just piping up now?

Chip has written articles from day one of the Saga - Chip has written a book on the saga - It's not like he has just appeared on the scene - Your arguments have no weight if you attack the messenger - Finally, nearly all of Chip's articles are fact based, as opposed to opinion based.

This is starting to give me the shits.

The form state you are required to list anything you had within the past 7 days. It also recommends to list anything you have had so that if something comes up later then you would be covered.

It is damning that not one of the 34 players listed any of the injections given by Dank, or his associates.

Watson could have, and should have, listed these injections. He didn't.

Complicit.

You have contradicted yourself in your post - Recommends is not must, no matter how you twist it - And still after 4 years you don't know the basic facts - 21 players were drug tested in 2012 - So how could the other 13 players fill in the DCO if they weren't tested. Continue to spread your misinformation.

Last edited:
You have contradicted yourself in your post - Recommends is not must, no matter how you twist it - And still after 4 years you don't know the basic facts - 21 players were drug tested in 2012 - So how could the other 13 players fill in the DCO if they weren't tested. Continue to spead your misinformation.

I had a look at both the form and the written directions and could not find "recommends' written anywhere.

Just more HTB misinformation that gets 'liked' by the usual suspects and if no one says anything just becomes the norm.

I had a look at both the form and the written directions and could not find "recommends' written anywhere.

Just more HTB misinformation that gets 'liked' by the usual suspects and if no one says anything just becomes the norm.

Agree with the HTB misinformation which has happened for four years - My understanding of filling in the DCO is it was recommended ( not in a literal sense ) by testers at the time of the drug test - Or to put it another way testers reminded athletes at the time - I read a survey from WADA in 2015, before Meldonium was placed on the banned list in 2016, to see what percentage of athletes wrote meldonium on their DCO's - The figure was 45% to 50% - So it's a myth that most athletes fill in DCO's.

Agree with the HTB misinformation which has happened for four years - My understanding of filling in the DCO is it was recommended ( not in a literal sense ) by testers at the time of the drug test - Or to put it another way testers reminded athletes at the time - I read a survey from WADA in 2015, before Meldonium was placed on the banned list in 2016, to see what percentage of athletes wrote meldonium on their DCO's - The figure was 45% to 50% - So it's a myth that most athletes fill in DCO's.

That may be so, but he clearly states in his post that they recommend it on the form.

I would like him to show me

Chip has written articles from day one of the Saga - Chip has written a book on the saga - It's not like he has just appeared on the scene - Your arguments have no weight if you attack the messenger - Finally, nearly all of Chip's articles are fact based, as opposed to opinion based.

You must admit, he always seems to Bob up just when certain players in thr saga need him though? Some would call the practice as being a 'mouthpiece'.

He has from day 1.

And to say his articles aren't opinion, is outright frogshit.

You are still trying to twist facts - AOD was not on the WADA banned list in 2012 - At least not in the eyes of ASADA Try again.
It was on the WADA banned list in 2012 only an administrative error meant he wasn't charged for its use, doesn't change the fact that the drug was banned and he took it whilst it was banned.

Hird has maintained nothing illegal happened throughout the whole saga.

Why are people getting up in arms about him once again stating his opinion.

Essendon have been punished, Hird should just shut his clams and let us move on.

We are still awaiting for Hird's statement of "the truth." He kept mentioning he would talk at some stage. We are still waiting......

He is still public enemy no.1

He will wait for a year or two until this completely dies down and then will releaee the "truth" in book form that portrays him as the poor innocent victim. Because footy never stops and a new scandal will have happened by then the uninformed masses will lap it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO.

See his latest effort for proof of that.

I think he has accepted responsibility, strangely enough. Handing back th medal shows that. His language and speech show that. What more could he do at this point?

As I said, it's not black or white. He's a drug cheat. He also has a heap of other, really positive attributes. His legacy will reflect both
I think that's what most people - particularly Essendon folk - get their knickers in a twist about. That we think Jobe is a shit bloke. Fact is, he's probably a top bloke who made some god awful decisions in 2011/12. It happens to good people. There was no way - given the circumstances surrounding his Brownlow medal, that he was going to be able to keep it. We all knew it. Like many of us have been saying all along, there are consequences to your actions (or inactions), and these lads need to just accept they ****ed up. I think that's the annoying part for me, that none of them have really accepted that they contributed to their own downfall.

Other than get verbal and written assurances from Dank/the club what more could the players have done? Employ their own independent chemists to sample, test and verify all substances prior to them being administered? Everytime they were administered?

Other than get verbal and written assurances from Dank/the club what more could the players have done? Employ their own independent chemists to sample, test and verify all substances prior to them being administered? Everytime they were administered?

Ask the club DOCTOR
Ask their own doctor
Ask ASADA
Ask their managers
Ask the AFLPA
Ask the AFL Medical Commissioner
Ask Mr Google

Starters, i am sure you could think of more.

But if dank is saying this is good thymosin?

When it is written into your contract that you must abide by WADA/ASADA re: supplements and other drugs you ingest, and that you and you alone are ultimately responsible for what enters your body. Then you would think that with the number of injections they started to receive, which by the players testimony was higher than ever before, you would think some of them would've spoke to the team doctor. Especially as he wasn't the one administering these injections. That is where the senior guys let the younger crew donm IMO.
The minute they were all marched to an off site clinic to get injections from an unknown nurse, was when questions should've been raised

A simple Google to the ASADA website would've raised alarms.

I can understand the guys being told by Hird that you are either onboard or you're going to struggle to get a game, we have been assured the program is above board etc. But the bottom line is you as a player are solely responsible for what you take, no matter who gave it to you.

Also if Dank assured them this was the good thymo, then it's obvious there is a bad version, again a quick google search would've alerted them.

Would have been a tough situation for the players is all I'm saying. The feeling would have been this is what's required to be big and strong like Geelong with the people at the club at the time. There was obviously concern at some point so got written confirmation everything was above board and legit. The circumstances would have caught a lot of clubs out I think and to label the players drug cheats is harsh. That said I accept that they are guilty of taking banned substances as per the WADA verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back