Jobe Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

If their ain't room for Cox, their certainly isn't room for Watson.

Thank god I had the steele to insert Cox into my SC team and really like watching the big fella go about his business again. Watson may get traded in this week as he looks set for a big year as does Essendon.

Anzac Day is set to be huge and I said on the pies board a week ago that I have grave concerns this year. James Hird always dominates us on Anzac Day and I get the feeling he will have the bombers all fired up.

super impressed with watson. potentially could be a top 5 player in the comp.
Greg Willams worked wonders with his kicking. surprised clubs aren't lining up to get diesel in as a skills coach.
wonder what his brownlow odds are now?

I got on him for the brownlow at $101 >_>

That's massive. Mind if I ask how much you put on him?

After Anzac day we'll have a better idea of what his chances are (as well as the Bombers as a team).

Will be interesting to see if Murphy can take the headlines away from him next weekend. Although even if Murphy is BOG and we win, the media will be pulling themselves over how Judd led the Blues to victory. :p

I hope the Bombers, Blues and Hawks all give the Pies a real test in the finals, I don't want to see the Pies stroll to flag #16. We need to make them earn it!

After Anzac day we'll have a better idea of what his chances are (as well as the Bombers as a team).

Will be interesting to see if Murphy can take the headlines away from him next weekend. Although even if Murphy is BOG and we win, the media will be pulling themselves over how Judd led the Blues to victory. :p

I hope the Bombers, Blues and Hawks all give the Pies a real test in the finals, I don't want to see the Pies stroll to flag #16. We need to make them earn it!

mehh they will choke

Yeah mate, I put $10 on him for the win and $10 for top 3 :)
It's not looking terrible at the moment, was sort of an arrogant statement to a friend more so than a logical bet though haha!

What the hells happened with this guy, he went from being handball handball handball, to kick kick kick mark goal goal goal, awesome stuff from Jobey

I cannot believe how much Jobe's kicking has improved, it's gone from low end average to quite good. Spearing passes into the forward line to the chest of our forwards now.

What the hells happened with this guy, he went from being handball handball handball, to kick kick kick mark goal goal goal, awesome stuff from Jobey
Confidence.
For the past 1 or 2 years he's not been a bad kick per se, when he's had the confidence to go with the first option. Quite deft at times, not great penetration so basically just mid-range.
All he's doing differently (most of) this year is having that confidence.

Confidence.
For the past 1 or 2 years he's not been a bad kick per se, when he's had the confidence to go with the first option. Quite deft at times, not great penetration so basically just mid-range.
All he's doing differently (most of) this year is having that confidence.

Disagree, he's kicking last year was very solid, previous year was improving weekly. Year's before that he was trash!

He's currently the best clearance player in the competition. He's also probably the biggest midfielder in the comp. He is massive. What does he weigh? 98 kilos?

He's currently the best clearance player in the competition. He's also probably the biggest midfielder in the comp. He is massive. What does he weigh? 98 kilos?

He's a big boy. Probably not quite as much as 98kgs, I'm guessing low to mid 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree, he's kicking last year was very solid, previous year was improving weekly. Year's before that he was trash!

This. People act as though this has happened out of the blue. He didnt kick as often, but check his 2009/2010 kicking efficiency against the leagues best at the time.. next to no difference. It was just when he did butcher it, it was BLOODY obvious.

People just believe what they wanna believe (i.e. Dane Swan, Brendan Goddard etc)

He's finally discovered his inner Timmy ;)
Timeeeeeeeee!
images

his old man was a freak. not many kids have the physical and performance attributes of a bloke 8 or 10 years older than them when they're 16-17. he probably started shaving and growing pubes when he was 6.

re Jobe, it took him a while but he's skill set has improved out of this world. matured into a very good footballer and leader. an example of how average kids can continue to improve as men well into their mid-20s. we all want our players to be joel selwoods and 10-yr stars. the latter, like Jobe's father, is the exception rather than the norm. imagine all those average footballers at draft age who were lost to the game simply because they werent top of their game or hadnt developed enough at this stage.

give me an example of a team 16/17 yr olds who have won an AFL premiership?

Still not overly impressed with his kicking. Kicks it poorly, just far less often than he used to. That isn't to say he is by far our best player.

Interested in some non-Essendon supporter views.

He's taller than most midfielders too, I think he's 190-192cm. He always seems taller than everybody except for the rucks and KPP at Essendon's training.

Still not overly impressed with his kicking. Kicks it poorly, just far less often than he used to. That isn't to say he is by far our best player.
His kicking is lightyears ahead of what it was two years ago, and has improved on last year a tonne as well. He's gone from a below average kick to a good kick. His decision making with the ball turns that good kick into a great kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jobe Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back