Retired Joe Daniher (2020-2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

What a football star and more importantly a great human. So sad for me but so happy for him. Should be remembered as a legend of the Lions, I hope we give him Life Membership. We don't win the premiership without him.

Such a perfect way to go out too. From golden child at Essendon, to injured could-have-been, to much maligned and criticised externally, and then ends as one of the most widely loved and respected players in the game. Kicks the last goal in a winning grand final, slaps on a trademark sloppy smile and rides into the sunset. Legend.

We'll miss you Joe!
Some of the other images I have of Joe in the aftermath of the GF which speaks to his character was him personally going up to each Swans player, when all of the other Lions players were jumping around and celebrating, and wishing them commiserations and shaking their heads. He was the only Lions player to do that and showed ridiculous humility.

Speaks to the character of the man and will be sorely missed.

Had kind of hoped that he would play on to not give the media their scoop of him finishing up when he did, but thems the breaks I guess.

I have four very fond memories of the Joe Show that will be truly savoured.

We wouldn’t have the Premiership without Joe . We only had him for a short time but he will be so missed .
Our big , loveable , gum chewing hero .
I am sobbing , but happy that he has done it his way .like he always has .
Bless his heart .hope he enjoys his retirement with his little family on his farm , just being Joe 🥰

Even as a non-Brisbane supporter I’m sad that Joe is retiring. I loved watching him. Always the enigmatic entertainer. His clutch goals against GWS will be remembered for a long time. Enjoy your retirement Joe!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired Joe Daniher (2020-2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back