News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Age: Collingwood forward Joe Richards has formally requested a trade to Port Adelaide. The Power have offered him a three-year deal. Magpies coach Craig McRae spoke at the club’s best-and-fairest count on Friday night about retaining Richards, but the emerging goal-kicker is seeking a fresh start. The Power need help inside 50, particularly with Charlie Dixon retiring, and Richards may help with this.

They'll want a straight swap for Houston because ... they're Collingwood.

They are really going to go all out for that pick 13 now to gazump Carlton. So Gold Coast should do well out of this.

The reporting from this morning indicates that Collingwood's ability to get Houston is predicated on them getting 13 from Gold Coast as part of a Noble trade, then on-trading to Port along with Richards (and probably something else).

He does look decent. I can't understand how we can't draft and develop our own guys sometimes. Constantly chasing that missing player

But which is the club that nails every position through their own drafting and development? Every club chases recruits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that Richards has picked Port, I was thinking of possible trades, as Lukosius also wants Port and GC wants future picks.
From all reports GC want a first for Lukosius, so is the following 3 way trade close?

Port get
Richards-Lukosius-Pick 13
Port Lose
Houston - F2

Pies get
Houston
Pies Lose
Richards - Noble - F1

GC get
Pies F1 - Noble - Port F2
GC Lose
Lukosius - Pick 13

We were after Richard’s 2 years ago- trumped by the Wobbles

We were after Mannagh last year- trumped by the Kitties.

Both are goal kicking miss at the lower level but forwards at this level.

Collingwood clearly pissed at our approach but they offered him one year initially- they don’t value him as highly as we do.

Now that Richards has picked Port, I was thinking of possible trades, as Lukosius also wants Port and GC wants future picks.
From all reports GC want a first for Lukosius, so is the following 3 way trade close?

Port get
Port Lose
Houston - F2

Pies get
Houston
Pies Lose
Richards - Noble - F1

GC get
GC Lose
Lukosius - Pick 13
Hell nah

This should be an easy f2 or f3 trade
He's a 25 year old who's played 9 games for 6 goals. Shouldn't be anywhere near an F2. If we were the club dealing him we'd be lucky to get an F4.

Are Collingwood really that bad at the trading table? I don't think we've done a lot with them but I've never seen them get out of line, certainly not to the levels of ridiculous clubs like Essendon/Adelaide/Geelong.

Anyway we need small forwards so if this bloke has showed a little something then why not.

Port get
Port Lose
Houston - F2

Pies get
Houston
Pies Lose
Richards - Noble - F1

GC get
GC Lose
Lukosius - Pick 13