News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Collingwood really that bad at the trading table? I don't think we've done a lot with them but I've never seen them get out of line, certainly not to the levels of ridiculous clubs like Essendon/Adelaide/Geelong.

Anyway we need small forwards so if this bloke has showed a little something then why not.
We preferred to let Nick Stevens go for nothing instead of dealing with Collingwood's pathetic trade offers.

We are not underselling him because we don't like him, nothing to do with that. We are just sick of the constant vic media doing the same thing everytime a fringe player wants to leave a vic team for an interstate team. All of a sudden they become stars that we have to pay through the nose for, but never happens the other way.
The Vic media is not talking him up at all. I haven't heard a single person mention him in anything more than a passing comment. He's a no name. No one is suggesting it's a straight swap for Houston, he's going to be an added sweetener to the deal. I just rate him highly and think he could end up being a tiny bit like the Jack Crisp steak knives to the Dayne Beams deal back in 2014. Probably not to this level but he's good and will improve your side, I promise you.

It's not about this trade value, I'm just frustrated that he's leaving and I think/thought that fans of the team he's joining would be more interested in hearing the praise than the fans of the club he's leaving.

Like this pick, high rate of improvement, skilled, fast and smart player imo. Seemed to me to be a guy who rises to become better at the AFL level, and by definition a good 'buy low' option as he hasn't had a huge AFL year yet despite some very good signs at lower levels. Mature body and ready to impact, good piece imo. Just won Collingwood's 'best first year player'.

The Vic media is not talking him up at all. I haven't heard a single person mention him in anything more than a passing comment. He's a no name. No one is suggesting it's a straight swap for Houston, he's going to be an added sweetener to the deal. I just rate him highly and think he could end up being a tiny bit like the Jack Crisp steak knives to the Dayne Beams deal back in 2014. Probably not to this level but he's good and will improve your side, I promise you.

It's not about this trade value, I'm just frustrated that he's leaving and I think/thought that fans of the team he's joining would be more interested in hearing the praise than the fans of the club he's leaving.
We have already had a number of your fellow supporters come in and tell us what he is worth.

This should be an easy f2 or f3 trade

Lolwut

What did we get for all our ooc players ? Young and ahchee had more runs on the board when they were traded for 4th rounders.

Now that Richards has picked Port, I was thinking of possible trades, as Lukosius also wants Port and GC wants future picks.
From all reports GC want a first for Lukosius, so is the following 3 way trade close?

Port get
Richards-Lukosius-Pick 13
Port Lose
Houston - F2

Pies get
Houston
Pies Lose
Richards - Noble - F1

GC get
Pies F1 - Noble - Port F2
GC Lose
Lukosius - Pick 13

port have the most valuable player in this trade, the contracted player, but get ****ed the hardest.

Broken down you are getting 13 and Lukosius for Houston and effectively getting Richards for a F2.

lol carn. So we get dudded on the Houston deal and the Richards deal.

Richard’s for f2, Jesus that’s horrible.

He might not have played many games at the pies but he would’ve played a full season with us, we had mcentee, Evans and Narkle in our forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clurey might have played a full season at west coast , that doesn’t mean he’s worth anything in a trade.

Joe Richards is going to become one of your favourite players. You'll get him for unders and be blown away by how good he is. Don't let the stats fool you (was the sub in two games). Doesn't fumble, composure of a 150 gamer, elite skills on both sides of the body, crafty finisher and accumulates really well for a small forward. He's closer to Willie Rioli in quality than you realise.

He'll immediately be your second best small forward with room to become the best. I'm more frustrated about losing Richards than I was Ginnivan

The sheer ignorance and idiocy to come here and tell us how he will be a favourite and our second best small forward.

Open your other eye mate.

Richard’s 0.7g 0.8 goal assists
Even if you adjust for games he subbed goals only go up by 0.15

Spp 1.2 0.6
Dbj 1.0 1.1

So no, based on evidence he is not our second best small forward.

Could he progress and become that ? Maybe? But you, I and the rest of the world doesn’t know that and sure as **** no one pays for maybes.

Exactly how many matches in his 2 years (9 senior and 20 odd VFL) have you seen him play mate?
Also, if he is such a dud as many Port BF people say - then why are Port after him and offering a 3 year deal to only play in the SANFL?
Matt Owies kick 33 goals for the Blues and is gettable for zilch!! - yet you still want Richards. Strange!!
You have idea how good or otherwise he is - so just stop lol.

Classic flawed argument.

Who has called him a spud? No one, you’re offering that to try to make your stance seem reasonable by comparison.

Also, the hilarity of, “ how many of his ( checks notes) 9 whole games did you watch ? “

Jesus man. Have some awareness

You gave 14 games to McEntee last year. 13 to Narkle. Mead played all 26. Richards is better than them. You'll realise it next year, you don't have to believe me now, just enjoy getting him for way less than his true value

arguing that a player is worth a lot because he is better (or could be better) than players in the 35th-44th region of our list that 99% of this board want delisted.

Lol. Again, have some awareness.

Lukosius and Pick 13 is two first round picks.

Good luck getting Riochards for a 4th round pick :D

We have no idea what port will do, our club has been white anted by the self serving plants parachuted into board roles by the afls Victorian base.

No, that’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s hard fact. Unlike vic clubs who pick their boards , we don’t get to, so our board answer to the people who put them there.

What I do know is that port has gotten this for uncontracted fringe afl players

Ah chee 4th round
Aaron young 4th round
Hombsch 4th round
Austin 4th round
Frampton pick 50 (unsure whether that was a 4th round or late 3rd pushed back by compo picks)

What I also know is that port folds to afl media pressure , so even tho the price has been set ports every chance to give pies more.

Richards would find it difficult to get regular games for other clubs. That’s how you measure his intrinsic value not because he could get possibly more games at Port. He’s a bottom 5 kind of player. He’s worth a 3rd round pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. He isnt worth a lot in a trade. Collingwood know this. He's a nice role player who has chosen a club where he can play a role and earn some cash. Apparently Collingwood really like him; they just have far more pressing list needs. It happens.

Has Hinkley just ruined your desire to enjoy footy? If a relatively unknown player was joining Collingwood I'd want to hear a little bit about him to get me excited. Maybe that's just me

With all due respect you've come on here having never posted before in over 5 years on BigFooty and immediately declared the unproven Joe Richards to be close to Willie Rioli in quality before taking exception to anyone saying otherwise.

He may end up being a really good player or he may be delisted after playing 20 games. Nothing in his history makes this knowable either way. And a player in his mid 20s doesn't hold much trade value on potential alone.

This thread has barely started and we’ve heard 2nd rounder for Joe, he would be your second best forward , and that we should bend over in the Houston trade. Let’s not pretend you’re here on a mission to educate the uneducated savages.

How did you think we would react to you gracing us with your wisdom.?

With all due respect you've come on here having never posted before in over 5 years on BigFooty and immediately declared the unproven Joe Richards to be close to Willie Rioli in quality before taking exception to anyone saying otherwise.

He may end up being a really good player or he may be delisted after playing 20 games. Nothing in his history makes this knowable either way. And a player in his mid 20s doesn't hold much trade value on potential alone.
Didn't realise that someone's bigfooty post count directly correlated with their footy knowledge. The idea that you can only judge how good a player is and is going to be after they've played x number of games is so misguided. I'm open to hearing people say I'm wrong but you're hardly in a position to say so if your initial go-to argument is just listing stats taken off afltables without a drop of context.

I have no reason to talk him up, it's not changing his trade value, I'm purely talking about him because I'm really disappointed he's leaving and I'm fairly confident he's going to become a really good player for Port. Of course there's no certainties, that's the case for every player, is it not? If Zak Butters requested a trade to Collingwood would a fair argument for him not being worth much be the possibility that he might break a leg and retire tomorrow? Of course not

This thread has barely started and we’ve heard 2nd rounder for Joe, he would be your second best forward , and that we should bend over in the Houston trade. Let’s not pretend you’re here on a mission to educate the uneducated savages.

How did you think we would react to you gracing us with your wisdom.?
You think I'm here to somehow influence his trade value? I'm not even here to argue about what we should get for him in a trade. I understand that a player in his position isn't going to be worth much more than a pick in the 40s.

I was just here to offer the opinion from someone who's watched plenty of him that I think he's going to be good for you guys and I think you'll enjoy watching him play. He's your Toby Bedford

You think I'm here to somehow influence his trade value? I'm not even here to argue about what we should get for him in a trade. I understand that a player in his position isn't going to be worth much more than a pick in the 40s.

I was just here to offer the opinion from someone who's watched plenty of him that I think he's going to be good for you guys and I think you'll enjoy watching him play. He's your Toby Bedford
I can see the Toby Bedford comparison and hope he can provide the same level of pressure.

We're not going to get good value for him. You'll realise how good he is next year and be laughing about how you fleeced Collingwood. As you said, there's always players at clubs that don't have name recognition but should. He's way too good for the state leagues and is one of the few that is able to move up to AFL level and immediately look at home.
You don’t happen to sell used cars by any chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back